PDA

View Full Version : F1 Enthusiasts Thread

BeansBeansBeans
25th April 2009, 21:32
I thought I'd start a thread in which genuine F1 enthusiasts would be able to enjoy an intelligent, friendly discussion about the sport.

Those who wish to be partial or behave like children are not welcome to spit their dummies around here!

This thread shouldn't be turned into my team is better than your team, if you want to discuss it do it somewhere else!

It's all about the sport and it's good and bad points, to be discussed by those who are interested to talk about it in a friendly, genial manner!

Now that all this is clear all genuine, mature enthusiasts are welcome to comment and discuss all aspects of the sport.

gloomyDAY
25th April 2009, 21:37
Isn't that the point of having this forum?
I'm not trying to be difficult, but that's why post on this site.

There are far worse places to discuss F1 out there and I find this one to be remarkably pleasant, especially when a month long gag order is placed on some dubious characters.

blito
25th April 2009, 21:43
my teams better than your team :)

unless my team happens to be ferrari at the minute and thank god it isnt :)
Lewis for champion this year and you are not allowed to disagree for fear of being called racist.
Sack Nelsinho for being slow.
there you go no need to post anything at all now cos i`ve just covered it all in just one post :D

/serious mode
doesnt a post have to have a reason? otherwise isnt it just a rant and isnt there enough of those on here already?
There are people who read thses forums daily, taking in the gossip and rumours, sifting through the rubbish and taking away with them a greater insight into the sports fanbase.
/end serious mode

and then there Ioan :P

BDunnell
26th April 2009, 01:02
I would hope that those who indulge in overly partisan comment in an unpleasant, provocative fashion would be dealt with by the moderators as appropriate.

Personally, while a few may consider those of us without partisan F1 affiliations dull, lacking passion or whatever, I continue to find the manner in which some seemingly find some degree of enjoyment from the sport in the poor performance of others bizarre and completely at odds with the way in which I have derived my enthusiasm for F1 — and all forms of motorsport — over the years. But perhaps I am old-fashioned in just wishing to watch it and enjoy it. I hope not.

gloomyDAY
26th April 2009, 01:53
I would hope that those who indulge in overly partisan comment in an unpleasant, provocative fashion would be dealt with by the moderators as appropriate.

Personally, while a few may consider those of us without partisan F1 affiliations dull, lacking passion or whatever, I continue to find the manner in which some seemingly find some degree of enjoyment from the sport in the poor performance of others bizarre and completely at odds with the way in which I have derived my enthusiasm for F1 — and all forms of motorsport — over the years. But perhaps I am old-fashioned in just wishing to watch it and enjoy it. I hope not.Definitely not alone. I grow tired of the veiled insults.

F1boat
26th April 2009, 07:45
Yes. F1 rules, all drivers and all teams deserve respect even if sometimes fans are infuriated :)

Dave B
26th April 2009, 08:57
Some of the conversations here baffle me. I know we have different loyalties, but I often wonder if we'd employ the same language if we were all sitting watching the race together in a pub. I suspect not.

BeansBeansBeans
26th April 2009, 11:30
Some of the conversations here baffle me. I know we have different loyalties, but I often wonder if we'd employ the same language if we were all sitting watching the race together in a pub. I suspect not.

A pub that shows F1? (cut to my empty, spinning chair).