PDA

View Full Version : nelson Phillippe... i500... nuetral carbon footprint

SarahFan
24th April 2009, 18:39
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517758,00.html

24th April 2009, 19:09
IMHO, which isn't humble, whenever I hear anyone say "Carbon Neutral" or, worse, "Carbon Footprint", I automatically think....

"Gimp"

If you want to be a Hippy, go to Haight Ashbury or Woodstock. Don't go to a motor-racing epic.

chuck34
24th April 2009, 19:24
Carbon Neutral? Right. How do they figure that.

Here's a clue look at all the people watching, and ask yourself, how did they get there? Then tell my anything is going to be carbon neutral.

Biggest joke of all time.

MDS
24th April 2009, 20:07
You can't have a carbon neutral racing if your car is made out of carbon fiber.

But, if this gets Nelson in the 500...I can live with it

racer14501
24th April 2009, 21:19
let's just hope that whatever Carbon Natural is will allow him to be competitive at Indy as well as for the remainder of the year. :D

Hoop-98
24th April 2009, 22:53
Maybe they are using the carbon offsets of not racing in ChampCar?

seamusoldfield
25th April 2009, 01:46
Completely off topic, but unless Apple offers up significant sponsorship dollars, I move that we refrain from referring to the Indy 500 as the "i500." There are waaaaaaaaay too many things today that are prefaced with a lowercase "i" ;)

call_me_andrew
25th April 2009, 03:13
If you want to be a Hippy, go to Haight Ashbury or Woodstock. Don't go to a motor-racing epic.

Well now I don't have the slightest clue of what the snake-pit was!

Wilf
26th April 2009, 00:47
Well now I don't have the slightest clue of what the snake-pit was!

Think of Woodstock, but with race cars almost as loud as the amps on the stage. Then imagine a couple thousand Woodstock attendees on the inside of turn one. State troopers wouldn't enter unless they were on horseback and the paddy wagon was a large school bus.

It was probably the reason so many grandstands were erected on the on the inside of the track.

SoCalPVguy
27th April 2009, 02:36
nuetral carbon footprint ???
This is the stupidestassed thing I have ever heard of.. By definition, racing with today's technology cannot be "carbon neutral".

SoCal P.E.

garyshell
27th April 2009, 04:14
nuetral carbon footprint ???
This is the stupidestassed thing I have ever heard of.. By definition, racing with today's technology cannot be "carbon neutral".

SoCal P.E.

Two words... carbon offsets.

Gary