PDA

View Full Version : wtcc Seat drivers confirmed

PDS
13th February 2007, 22:24
Seat finally confirm their drivers for 2007!
http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~SEAT-confirms--07-line-up-~cid~88~id~143200.htm

100%hondafan
13th February 2007, 22:34
so 4 works cars but 6 works supported card blimey!!!

i hope coronel will have same resources as the rest as he will shine if so.

SEATFreak
14th February 2007, 17:14
so 4 works cars but 6 works supported card blimey!!!

If all goes well we could see 8 supported entries!!! I see on Touringcartimes.com it says two drivers and/or teams are in negotiations with SEAT over a drive in their Leon.

Just to clear something up about Exagon. So, basically does Exagon run it, SEAT's Belgian importer supply it and Monroe act as sponsors? Because I know they were his sponsors when Pierre was with JAS last year. So, I am guessing Monroe must be his personal sponsors like Halfords were once Dan Eaves'. Am I right?

VkmSpouge
14th February 2007, 18:44
It's a decent line-up but in truth they should have dumped Gene, not bothered with Jourdain and kept Thompson and Rydell on. Still it's their loss and I'm sure Tarquini and Muller will do excellent jobs as usual this season.

SEATFreak
15th February 2007, 19:09
Maybe it is Tarquini and Muller that the team is banking on to get the points and do well against BMW? Remember a team can only nominate two cars for points. Something like that.

I do think your a tad harsh on Michael Jourdain tho. I don't think his credentials are all that bad. I would be confident if I have racing in NASCAR, IRL and Champ Car behind me.

I don't see him easily beating the established top drivers obviously like Priaulx and Farfus. But I fully expect him to do well.

ATF
16th February 2007, 00:05
What now for Rydell? It said maybe sportscars but I'd much prefer to see him back in BTCC. Unfortunately with all the top seats filled, it won't happen. :(

tyreman2
16th February 2007, 01:10
It's a decent line-up but in truth they should have dumped Gene, not bothered with Jourdain and kept Thompson and Rydell on. Still it's their loss and I'm sure Tarquini and Muller will do excellent jobs as usual this season.

They are hardly going to dump Gene are they and I think (the Spanish speaking) Jordain could be a revelation

VkmSpouge
16th February 2007, 02:36
I know, Gene on because as a Spanish manufacturer they should have a Spanish driver. I don't think Gene or Jourdain are bad, indeed I think they should do a good job this year, however I don't believe they would do as well as Thompson and Rydell.

racer69
16th February 2007, 07:36
What now for Rydell? It said maybe sportscars but I'd much prefer to see him back in BTCC. Unfortunately with all the top seats filled, it won't happen. :(

Was there enough money in the series to afford him anyway?

Jimmy Magnusson
16th February 2007, 09:19
Rydell was guaranteed to have a seat in a SEAT if they ran four cars. Now they do run four cars, but only three paid drivers (Tarquini, Muller and Gene) - without Jourdain I suppose that they wouldn't have been able to run four cars anyway, so no luck for Rydell... How many paid rides is there in WTCC anyway? BMW's got five (six if RBM run two cars), Seat three, Chevrolet three and Alfa two?

tyreman2
16th February 2007, 10:09
Rydell was guaranteed to have a seat in a SEAT if they ran four cars. Now they do run four cars, but only three paid drivers (Tarquini, Muller and Gene) - without Jourdain I suppose that they wouldn't have been able to run four cars anyway, so no luck for Rydell... How many paid rides is there in WTCC anyway? BMW's got five (six if RBM run two cars), Seat three, Chevrolet three and Alfa two?

where do you draw the line between paid drivers and works drivers? At WTCC level the majority of drivers are full time professional's (or very close to it) Therefore some where in the budget their is a fee that at very least covers their expences.I am sure that BMW do not pay 5/6 drivers wages from the factory. In all cases you probably get 2 cars/drivers from the manufacturer and the rest are funded from dealer networks or outside sponsors who may have a close connection to the manufacturer I was told in November that VAG told Seat to retain just 2 of their drivers but when they considered dropping Gene we almost had a second Spanish revolution.Does anybody know what a WTCC driver gets paid?