PDA

View Full Version : Rossi "to go with Ford" in 2011 WRC.

noel157
23rd April 2009, 09:42
The Doctor reckons he'll have 10 years of WRC when he retires from Moto GP:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/rossi-wants-10-years-on-four-wheels-1672315.html

EuroTroll
23rd April 2009, 11:46
Yeah, and I reckon I can still get Angelina Jolie as a virgin. ;)

WRCfan
23rd April 2009, 12:10
Nothing stopping the guy, can't see why not...I think it's good he is wanting to run with rallying after finishing up with bikes. Variety is the spice of life.

Tom206wrc
23rd April 2009, 12:49
Each years he says that...each year he signs for motorbike again :rolleyes:

WRCfan
23rd April 2009, 12:59
Unfinished business. Can't go out without being on top and dominant...well Rossi's motto anyway. The guy I live with knows Rossi's mechanic very well and it's a pride thing as well. Rossi has said when he does go out he will go out on the top step of the podium...

sal
23rd April 2009, 13:10
With respect to Mr R,what he has achieved in Moto GP is incredible, however up until now his appearences in rally cars have had shall we say a certain novelty value. Ok so has won the single venue Monza rally a couple of times and had a couple of reasonable runs of late in the WRC. Of course his status and kudos will follow him and teams would be daft not to sign him up even at the expense of more likley candidates. However to assume you will have a ten year life span in the WRC or whatever series is around in a few years is at best a bit optimistic!

I for one would welcome him though as it would brighten up an otherwise stale series and he appreciates the sports heritage.

N.O.T
23rd April 2009, 13:47
i think his sponsors will bleed to death if he decides such a move.

pino
23rd April 2009, 13:48
Great news, can't wait for 2011 then :p :

Fischer
23rd April 2009, 14:59
Will this be the man who will beat Loeb? lol

smolvar
23rd April 2009, 15:50
With respect to Mr R,what he has achieved in Moto GP is incredible, however up until now his appearences in rally cars have had shall we say a certain novelty value.

i think his sponsors will bleed to death if he decides such a move.

Compared to Latvala's current run, I'd say novelty might be more cost effective and better for the sponsors

BDunnell
23rd April 2009, 23:25
With the WRC making a bit of a new start in terms of its technical regulations, it could just be a very sensible time for him to come in. The playing field might be a bit more level.

J4MIE
24th April 2009, 00:11
As long as he brings the money, why not!

Koz
24th April 2009, 01:02
Yeah, and I reckon I can still get Angelina Jolie as a virgin. ;)

Yep! You got two options for that! And they are easier than seeing Rossi 10 years in the WRC.

1) Born again virgin - The latest crazy! Take the lord's name and you're good as new again!
2) Surgery - The miracles of modern science and change the state of virginity!

EuroTroll
24th April 2009, 01:50
1) Born again virgin - The latest crazy! Take the lord's name and you're good as new again!

The woman has children for Christ's sake! :laugh: I don't think the Lord would perform that service. :)

Nor will He make Rossi a top rally driver - that ship sailed long ago. :)

Koz
24th April 2009, 06:40
The woman has children for Christ's sake! :laugh: I don't think the Lord would perform that service. :)

Nor will He make Rossi a top rally driver - that ship sailed long ago. :)

And what the lord won't perform, his surgeons will....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23254178/

The world is full of sick and weird people...

__________________________________________________ ______________

Rossi has been linked with F1 too hasn't he? Did tests for Ferrari? With very good times, I remember?
I don't think anything will come from this... If it does it's all PR...
Maybe Loeb in an F1 car would be possible too.

koko0703
25th April 2009, 18:44
I welcome Rossi into WRC if he decides to switch. I don't think he deserves a full works seat but if he wants to run his own team or pay to drive, it won't hurt WRC at all. Afterall, if WRC itself can survive next 10 years, I consider it's pretty good considering the current poor championship.

Helstar
25th April 2009, 19:00
I think he has the skill and he can improve ... because what we have seen until now it's not really good :\ but after proper testing and some rallies he should deliver some good results.
Otherwise, no need to have him like Rautencrash or Wilslow ... sorry.