PDA

View Full Version : Red Ring of Death

schmenke
21st April 2009, 22:55
I guess it was just a matter of time :bigcry:

Google research indicates the problem is with overheating of the innards with repair costs ~$150 plus postage :s My console is well beyond the warranty period.

So what do I do now? :mark:

MrJan
21st April 2009, 23:24
Been there, done that :p :

I phoned up Micros**t and told them all about it, they sent some delivery blokey to pick it up and about 2-3 weeks later it came back and worked fine.

TBH my main problem with the 360 is that it seems obsessed with telling me that the discs aren't clean. My mate has a PS3 and leaves the discs lying all over the place and they work fine but somehow mine are apparently rubbish despite always going directly from box to console or vice versa :S

Nick Brad
22nd April 2009, 08:07
Don't quote me on this, but the red rings problem extends beyond the warranty period so they should still fix it for you. Worth contacting microsoft either way.

Daniel
26th April 2009, 20:17
Don't quote me on this, but the red rings problem extends beyond the warranty period so they should still fix it for you. Worth contacting microsoft either way.
Agreed. Schemke, call Microsoft up and they'll sort it out for you. It's a manufacturing fault, basically due to expansion and contraction the solder joints on some of the chips break.