PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Rally Argentina - official thread

Pages : [1] 2

N.O.T
21st April 2009, 15:39
you can post your congratulations to seb for his victory in this thread after the rally...

Tom206wrc
21st April 2009, 15:46
I just explained in the previous thread my surprise not to find any Argentina rally thread :s

Are argentinian members(Zekeargentina and others)so pessimistic they even won't attend their home event ???? :confused:

Brother John
21st April 2009, 16:06
DO WRC still exist with those one man show? :rolleyes:

pettersolberg29
21st April 2009, 17:10
Trouble with WRC is even if Loeb retires or crashes, Hirvonen will win easily instead. If Loeb and Hirvonen retires, there may be a good battle between Latvala, Sordo and Petter but is this what we need for a good rally?

Rallyper
21st April 2009, 17:18
you can post your congratulations to seb for his victory in this thread after the rally...

Can´t we congratulate him even before the rally starts....? :p

Psycho!
21st April 2009, 17:39
Heavy rain is predicted for both Friday and Saturday...!!!So,good news for P.Solberg!

jbmarcus21
21st April 2009, 17:45
Google Earth Rally Map Argentina : http://planetemarcus.free.fr/argentine09.htm

ZequeArgentina
21st April 2009, 22:29
I just explained in the previous thread my surprise not to find any Argentina rally thread :s

Are argentinian members(Zekeargentina and others)so pessimistic they even won't attend their home event ???? :confused:

Unfortunately I have little chances of going.
My Manager is on holidays and I should stay at work till late friday, would only reach Cordoba by Saturday afternoon, and little tiem to watch something, but still got one little opportunity (fly there are gather another friend who should have carand Hotel booking).

Even if Loeb should win, I guess Hirvonen will be there
Fight with Sordo and latvala as usual, and Petter + Henning and Ogier could be interesting.
I just hope Villagra could shouw som speed, at leasta little because he has been giving anything at all.

PWRC should be very interesting, beside the usuals (Arai, Nasser, Brynildsen, Prokop) locals are also candidates for the win: PWRC wildcards Pozzo, Ligato, and Bernardi (who will run for Tapper NZ regular PWRC team but with his usual Tango Team car), but also Menzi, Cancio and Madero are candidates.

Unfortunately rain is not good for the event, if it is just a little, ok little dust, but heavy rain as last year leve too slipery terrain and speedwise it will not look interesting.

User
22nd April 2009, 07:11
I totally forgot about Argentina, until I saw some recce pics on Henning Solberg's blog this morning.

Congrats Loe .. :D

Fide
22nd April 2009, 13:31
I already checked weather forecast and it seems there exist 30% of probability to rain on Friday and the same for Saturday. Even rain is not the best to attend in person to the rally I heard Solberg says it benefits to him since it squeezes the end speed gap he has with the manus. Then in order to do not get bored again looking 5th in a row for Sebastian I think some rains will be fine....

Fide
22nd April 2009, 16:16
Anybody knows the specs of Villagra´s FORD ? I ask this because even he has proven to be one of the fast Argentinean drivers (he has beaten the rest of competitors on Argentinean Championship since last two or three years) during WRC calendar always see him 5 or 7 minutes behind the leaders and I don't think is is just a matter of adaptation since this is his second year competing in WRC championship.

ProRally
22nd April 2009, 17:55
Heavy rain is predicted for both Friday and Saturday...!!!So,good news for P.Solberg!

Again FLOODED service parc ?

VFTS
22nd April 2009, 18:00
PWRC should be very interesting, beside the usuals (Arai, Nasser, Brynildsen, Prokop) locals are also candidates for the win: PWRC wildcards Pozzo, Ligato, and Bernardi (who will run for Tapper NZ regular PWRC team but with his usual Tango Team car), but also Menzi, Cancio and Madero are candidates.

Brynildsen have a big problem!! His Mitsubishi from Ralliart New Zeealand was taken of the boat in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil by a mistake. The customs sent the car on the boat back to New Zeealand.......It wont come to Argentina!

They are looking for a similar car to rent........but so far they have not any car and not servicecar and spareparts.....its on its way back to NZ!!! Maybe he will not start in Argentina at all. Bad luck!

pettersolberg29
22nd April 2009, 20:48
Anybody knows the specs of Villagra´s FORD ? I ask this because even he has proven to be one of the fast Argentinean drivers (he has beaten the rest of competitors on Argentinean Championship since last two or three years) during WRC calendar always see him 5 or 7 minutes behind the leaders and I don't think is is just a matter of adaptation since this is his second year competing in WRC championship.

I assume its the same spec as the Stobarts, and I agree that he is surprisingly slow. At first I put it down to inexpereince in a full-blown WRC car on WRC events, but he's had enough rallies now that he should be challenging Wilson, Henning and even Petter in Argentina. Let's see.

ZequeArgentina
23rd April 2009, 03:47
Brynildsen have a big problem!! His Mitsubishi from Ralliart New Zeealand was taken of the boat in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil by a mistake. The customs sent the car on the boat back to New Zeealand.......It wont come to Argentina!

They are looking for a similar car to rent........but so far they have not any car and not servicecar and spareparts.....its on its way back to NZ!!! Maybe he will not start in Argentina at all. Bad luck!

Problem sorted out, he will run a VRS (Villagra rally team) Lancer (I guess an EVO IX, but Villagra has EVO X availabel also).
The car will be run and serviced by VRS team, excelent car by the way developed in Argentina and winner team of last 4 national championships

Wim_Impreza
23rd April 2009, 08:50
I see only 23 entries in this entry list: http://www.ewrc-results.com/startlist.php?event=392

WRC is (almost) dead. Please give Loeb his 6th WRC title and let him go to the Endurance Racing in 2010.

I don't think I will follow WRC this weekend: there is World Superbike, MotoGP (even not so boring as WRC now), World Championship Motocross, World Championship Snooker (even that has more suspence than WRC), Rallye de Wallonie and more.

AndyRAC
23rd April 2009, 09:09
I see only 23 entries in this entry list: http://www.ewrc-results.com/startlist.php?event=392

WRC is (almost) dead. Please give Loeb his 6th WRC title and let him go to the Endurance Racing in 2010.

I don't think I will follow WRC this weekend: there is World Superbike, MotoGP (even not so boring as WRC now), World Championship Motocross, World Championship Snooker (even that has more suspence than WRC), Rallye de Wallonie and more.

You've forgotten something, and as a Belgian -I thought you would have mentioned Liege-Bastogne-Liege.

Wim_Impreza
23rd April 2009, 09:49
Yes, I will see that too. ;)

teufel
23rd April 2009, 11:23

No need to explain it! I'd finish the whole JWRC, it's ridiculous that only 3 competitors start the event, and it's not the first time...

bluuford
23rd April 2009, 11:58

Well, I can see 39 entries :-)

DonJippo
23rd April 2009, 12:10

And on Rally Argentina web page they have 59 entries http://www.rallyargentina.com/english/inscriptos.php

Wim_Impreza
23rd April 2009, 12:33

Yes, they updated the entry list.

Hipo1990
23rd April 2009, 13:44
When Shakedown starts??

noel157
23rd April 2009, 14:47
When Shakedown starts??

SD started a couple of hours ago.

Hirvonen says - "I want to beat Loeb"

""The Friday stages will not be easy," says Mikko Hirvonen, second in the world championship, 10 points behind Sébastien Loeb. "There are places where we will be running on rocks, but I intend to attack from the outset to take advantage of my position on the road, compared to Sébastien to immediately widen the gap. "

The Finn says does not intend to slow down later in the day in order to benefit from a favourable start the next day. "The roads on Saturday are covered with a layer of dust and sand incredibly thick. They should be more traction compared to being first car on the road. "

Hirvonen has only one intention before the start: win. "I know it will not be easy. Loeb is the most experienced and most consistent of us. However, since the beginning of the year, it has made more small errors than me. Let me not ruin my chances by simple adjustments or mistakes in strategy. "

Tom206wrc
23rd April 2009, 15:52

I bet if Dudu "The Duve" had taken part to the rally Argentina, even without chance against Loeb, you would have still followed the event :p :

Fide
23rd April 2009, 16:49
Shakedown times Argentina 1. Loeb 4.57,8
2. Hirvonen 4.58,4
3. Sordo 5.00,1
4. Petter 5.02,2
5. Henning 5.02,4

ZequeArgentina
23rd April 2009, 17:07
Scruttering news.
From 59 entries, 1didnot present (Debasa with a Palio N2) and 2 were objected:
PWRC runner Valdes Lopez(Imprezza)
local driver (Sivi) N2 Palio.

Observed:
9 for non homologated helmets
4 for non homologated HANS device
12 with problems with fire resistant clothing (non homologated or expired).

All these are able to present regular items and be present on theopenning SS this afternoon.

playmo
23rd April 2009, 17:46
Hello, zeque, any links for radio or video broadcast?
Do you know what radio station will be covering the event?
Gracias por adelantado!
Saludos.

Fide
23rd April 2009, 18:57
Hello, zeque, any links for radio or video broadcast?
Do you know what radio station will be covering the event?
Gracias por adelantado!
Saludos.

Usually this radio makes live transmissions (Spanish only) http://www.cadena3.com.ar/

Cheers

c4
23rd April 2009, 20:54
Photos of shakedown

http://www.rallybuzz.com/argentina-shakedown-photos/

Wim_Impreza
23rd April 2009, 21:09
I bet if Dudu "The Duve" had taken part to the rally Argentina, even without chance against Loeb, you would have still followed the event :p :

No Tom, I am absolutely not a Duval fan. I choose to watch sports this weekend which are much more exciting and have much more suspense.

muscrae
23rd April 2009, 21:25
Photos of shakedown

http://www.rallybuzz.com/argentina-shakedown-photos/

Thanks.

Micke_VOC
23rd April 2009, 22:12
Soon the sss starts..
Anyone now if that is live-broadcast anywere ?

ZequeArgentina
23rd April 2009, 22:43
Usually this radio makes live transmissions (Spanish only) http://www.cadena3.com.ar/

Cheers

Yep, that is the radio station I also got.,

Tom206wrc
23rd April 2009, 23:02
SSS running ;)

playmo
23rd April 2009, 23:14

Cheers

Gracias Fide!

I have also this link, but at the moment seems not to work:
http://www.am970.com.ar/windowsmedia/lv2_envivo.htm

Thanks...

muscrae
24th April 2009, 02:19
What a story !!!! :p

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=4613&desc=Brynildsen%20in%20last%20minute%20car%20swap% 20drama

Sulland
24th April 2009, 08:33
When is SS2 starting, and does it exist a timetable in CET ?

The timetable on WRC.com should always have a column for Local time and CET, so we dont have to ask the same question every time !

bluuford
24th April 2009, 09:01
Use this site: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=485
and you can easily convert all timezones.
So, currently bit over two hours to go :-)

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 11:43
Day one underway!!!Any mate here???

mdesign
24th April 2009, 11:44
Loeb and Hirvonen on the road. And no first split for hirvonen :/

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 11:53
Sordo fastest so far!!

DonJippo
24th April 2009, 11:58
Sofar everyone else faster than Loeb except Wilson and I can see on split two that JML is taking it easy this time...

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 11:59
-5,4 for JM.Please slow down!!

mdesign
24th April 2009, 12:02
lets make prediction on how many stages latvala will complete.
Sordo might have made a mistake on the last split

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 12:03
Petter???

DonJippo
24th April 2009, 12:03
No time for Petter yet?

mdesign
24th April 2009, 12:05
Nice to see p. solberg time :)

bennizw
24th April 2009, 12:07
SS4 and Latvala will be gone in this speed. Any bets against?

DonJippo
24th April 2009, 12:09
Ogier in troubles, loosing a lot?

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 12:09
He will definitely slow down for the rest...At least,I hope... ;)

muscrae
24th April 2009, 12:11
Good morning Everyone... :)

Xsara Fan
24th April 2009, 12:12

He`ll retired during first day :)

spyros
24th April 2009, 12:15
JML is the only one who has the speed to beat Seb,Wllson must know this.

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 12:18
Mikko must do that this year!!Latvala must be a good second driver....

FAlonso
24th April 2009, 12:25
The new Subaru is showing once again that it could be the dominant force in Gr N these days. I think Mitsubishi has a lot of catching up to do now with the Evo X. On pace alone the IX seems no to cut it anymore. Even Sandell has to watch out for guys like Nasser, Toshi, Flodin driving the Scooby.

mdesign
24th April 2009, 12:27
But to win a rally you must get to the end of it...

Hartusvuori
24th April 2009, 12:28
Mikko must do that this year!!Latvala must be a good second driver....

In an interview for Finnish Vauhdin Maailma (issued last friday) Latvala said that it's hard to drive for positions 4-5 after the first WRC win. "After the first victory being second or third doesn't feel like anything. Only victory means something." People who say Latvala should drive like Sordo forget that Sordo haven't won a WRC event so far. Okey, I also think that Latvala should race more safely, even if it would mean racing against Sordo for the third place, but still I hear where he's coming from. Now that the situation is again the same as it've been three times earlier this year - Latvala leading after first proper stage - I (we) can only cross our fingers and hope that the mistake won't happen. It's a fifty-sixty shot.

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 12:40
Loeb on the stage!

marwilku
24th April 2009, 12:42
Kosciuszko 4.3s behind bettega on ss2

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 12:43
Sebastien speeds up...!!

mdesign
24th April 2009, 12:43
Loeb not letting hirvonen get away

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 12:50
Petter losing a lot.... :-(

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 12:53
Look at Dani!!!

jonkka
24th April 2009, 12:54
Seems that this is not a stage where later runners would gain benefit...

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 12:58
Jari-Matti slowing down....!

mdesign
24th April 2009, 13:01
Jari-Matti slowing down....!
Maybe that's the best thing to do

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 13:07
And Dani becomes the third leader in three stages!!

teufel
24th April 2009, 13:19
Something happened to Nasser after the last split...

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 13:42
Stage 4 has started!!

...with frozen splits.....

A.F.F.
24th April 2009, 13:53
Yes, what a thrilling day. While we are waiting for Loeb to take the lead and eventually win this rally, Mikko being second and Sordo third, we may keep the tension up by following for how long Latvala is on the road. :bounce:

:dozey:

jonkka
24th April 2009, 13:56
Splits froze...

Rallyper
24th April 2009, 14:10
As we all understand Loeb´s a mastermind a now he´s just playing tactics to spare his car while the others just go flat out and making wreckages of their cars..... :dozey:

DonJippo
24th April 2009, 14:12
It really would be nice to hear stage results from the radio as we are not getting anything via web as it seems... or has someone a site with live results?

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 14:16
At the 10 km marker Seb was 2,2 and 2,8 in front of Hirvonen and Sordo respectively....That was the latest information from the radio....

Halvis
24th April 2009, 14:18
Petter takes it! Brilliant! And another leader!

muscrae
24th April 2009, 14:24
Great effort from Petter !!!!

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 14:32
Latvala down to 5th...

grugsticles
24th April 2009, 14:42
I log on to find that after nearly an hour of rallying, the top 5 crews are sperated by less than 10 seconds.
Now, if only it could stay this close for the rest of the rally/season.

muscrae
24th April 2009, 14:43
Petter seems really determined. Before Rally Norway, when I first heard that Petter will compete with an old Xsara, I taught that it won't last long. Norway may result well but then he will fail, I said. But after three rallies he competed, he is still so determined with his old car to challange works drivers. I see the determination and passion in Petter, and now I can presumably say that he'll do it and get a works seat sooner or later...

Whatever the result is, He will never give up.

Rallyper
24th April 2009, 15:02
Petter seems really determined. Before Rally Norway, when I first heard that Petter will compete with an old Xsara, I taught that it won't last long. Norway may result well but then he will fail, I said. But after three rallies he competed, he is still so determined with his old car to challange works drivers. I see the determination and passion in Petter, and now I can presumably say that he'll do it and get a works seat sooner or later...

Whatever the result is, He will never give up.

True!

ShiftingGears
24th April 2009, 15:13
I can't remember the last time I closely followed a round of the WRC. It's so dull and disappointing.

Mauri A
24th April 2009, 15:18
Latvala down to 5th...
I don´t know if Malcolm Wilson speaks Italian, but if so I think that after 2nd stage he told Latvala two words, "calma, calma"!
Markku Alen heard those words many, many times during his career.

Halvis
24th April 2009, 15:37
SS6 should have started now? No splits...

Halvis
24th April 2009, 15:44
SS6 should have started now? No splits...

Of course not - my fault!

Gard
24th April 2009, 16:13
I can't remember the last time I closely followed a round of the WRC. It's so dull and disappointing.

So why are you here, to spoil it for the rest of us?

playmo
24th April 2009, 16:22
not yet, wait jut 2 more hours.

The coverage by argentinean radio is superb, wish they could host half of the championship, lol.

I can't believe that there are so few posts, guess it shows how bad the spectacle is (wich it really is) but due to time zone issues i guess that most of fellow members are out enjoying a pint (suddenly seems more exciting than watching rally eh?)

By the way, bet that latvala will be out by stage 11 and loeb will finnish day 1 with a lead of 10-15 secs.

Its good to see Henning enjoying this event.

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 16:28
What are people complaining about? 9 secs separate 1st-5th and evryone has a chance. Don't knock it 'till Loeb starts controlling again.

ZequeArgentina
24th April 2009, 16:45
not yet, wait jut 2 more hours.

The coverage by argentinean radio is superb, wish they could host half of the championship, lol.

I can't believe that there are so few posts, guess it shows how bad the spectacle is (wich it really is) but due to time zone issues i guess that most of fellow members are out enjoying a pint (suddenly seems more exciting than watching rally eh?)

By the way, bet that latvala will be out by stage 11 and loeb will finnish day 1 with a lead of 10-15 secs.

Its good to see Henning enjoying this event.

This event is going very well so far.
5 drivers in 10 seconds in excellent, and we have them xchanged 1st position in almost every special.
PWRC/N4 fight is excellent too.

Why are people still bashing WRC? itis clearly not agood year, but this event is quite good so far.

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 16:46
5 drivers in 10 seconds in excellent, and we have them xchanged 1st position in almost every special.

Why are people still bashing WRC? itis clearly not agood year, but this event is quite good so far.

Hear Hear!

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 16:47
BTW it's started raining so the next loop will be muddy.

Mauri A
24th April 2009, 17:10

I´d like to be there again!

muscrae
24th April 2009, 17:17
Absolutely a good event...

Tom206wrc
24th April 2009, 17:17
Yep good first loop of stages, let's hope gaps will remain slim for the rest of day ;)

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 17:19
BTW it's started raining so the next loop will be muddy.
How do you know that?? :eek:

kobefly
24th April 2009, 17:28
Guys, these are some pics I had signed by the Citröen WRC drivers and co-drivers when they were in Buenos Aires for the road show exactly one week ago:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9123/loeb.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loeb.jpg)

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8995/sordo.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sordo.jpg)

Now following on internet and no radio since I am at work, far away from Cordoba :(

Fide
24th April 2009, 17:30
12:30 est. time IT remains 1 hour for afternoon super primes and IT IS RAINING IN Cordoba........ Lets see what Peter can do with his old Xsara. Since he mentioned muddy conditions suit very well for him

muscrae
24th April 2009, 17:43
Thanks kobefly... :)

playmo
24th April 2009, 17:51
Nice pics pablo, and congrats for the autogreaphs!
Approx 30 mins for Loeb to start the push-back, lets see if he can do it...

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 17:59
How do you know that?? :eek:

Petter's blog:

4 of today’s 8 stages are done and Petter is number 4 overall. He has done some very good splits today, and was fastest on stage 4. Petter and Phil are now heading back to the servicepark in Carlos Paz. The rain started just when they finished the stage, so the second pass through the stages will be very different.

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 18:27
Times are slighty better than the morning.So,no rain on the stages??

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 18:30
No rain on the stages according to WRR...

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 18:33
Loeb going slow?

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 18:33
Sordo is FLYING!!

jonkka
24th April 2009, 18:34
I think that both Loeb and Mikko are holding back a bit

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 18:36
If they did Petter would be faster I suppose....

jonkka
24th April 2009, 18:41
If they did Petter would be faster I suppose....

I don't share that faith.

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 18:42
Problems for Matthew?

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 18:43
Latvala - d'oh!

Lost 8 secs! Now 24s

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 18:50
Puncture for JM....

playmo
24th April 2009, 18:51
and sordo takes the lead.... think not for so long but at least its a different citroen on top, and that can only be good!
Latvala a lot slower than the lead, a problem? tactics? slow-down-order?

Simmi
24th April 2009, 18:55
Hopefully for JML this is a freak puncture and is just unlucky, as a pose to him cutting too much or clipping something.

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 18:56
It was after a jump.

N.O.T
24th April 2009, 19:29
this rally so far reminds me of the good old wrc days....nice

jonkka
24th April 2009, 19:38
I just want to see the positions for tomorrow... I smell games...

muscrae
24th April 2009, 19:42
Me too...

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 19:43
I wouldn't be surprised if Petter or Sordo lead into day 2. Mikko and Loeb won't be allowed if its still this close.

playmo
24th April 2009, 19:49
Time for fords move....
Think he'll end the day on 3rd or lower today (it if plays their way)....
minutes away of knowing

jonkka
24th April 2009, 19:51
Villagra has four minute lead :)

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 19:52
Time for fords move....
Think he'll end the day on 3rd or lower today (it if plays their way)....
minutes away of knowing
Why not?Seb did the same in Portugal with his fake mistake on the first stage.... ;)

awake27
24th April 2009, 20:12
Why not?Seb did the same in Portugal with his fake mistake on the first stage.... ;)
Why he didn't do it again then...? :crazy: What else we will read in here.

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 20:14
Dani and Mikko in front with the same time!!!

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 20:15
Why he didn't do it again then...?
A coincidence that happens twice is not a coincidence!!! :D

N.O.T
24th April 2009, 20:16
Sordo and hirvonen share the lead !!

awake27
24th April 2009, 20:18
Come again? Who. when and where? Doing tactic move from the 1st stage?

N.O.T
24th April 2009, 20:26
Come again? Who. when and where? Doing tactic move from the 1st stage?

don't bother with stupid comments....Loeb has proved he can win o matter the starting order.

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 20:30
I just say my opinion!!If you don't share it,just say your opinion without any insulting adjectives!Thanks!!

awake27
24th April 2009, 20:41
Then, in my opinion, doing tactical manoeuvre without any point of reference for anything is totally stupid! And I don't believe at Citroen are at all!

ZequeArgentina
24th April 2009, 20:44
Wowo, this rally is really good.

Fight in the lead isreally at the second, I do not think anyboidy is speculating with driving order, Argentina does not penalize being first, andin the dusty conditions (not if it rains tonight) it is even an advantage.

Loeb could be saving car in so rough stages, not risking too much, but not speculating.

In N4 fight is also very interesting, excellent pace by my countrymates, but dram is ongoing for the points in PWRC:
Pozzo still leading but with problems (do not know which ones) in SS7 and SS8, Arai and All attiyah (2nd and 3rd) both with bent steering, Ligato who is 4th and had a cautious approach for first day is now second.

Out of PWRC, but on N4 locals Menzi, and Madero couls be leading at the end of day 1.

Really interesting, this is what everyone was asking for!!

tolis
24th April 2009, 20:49
@ ZequeArgentina
With only 3-4 secs behind Mikko (Loeb) and with the Finnish clearing the road tomorrow, it won't be that interesting in day 2.

awake27
24th April 2009, 20:55
@ ZequeArgentina
With only 3-4 secs behind Mikko (Loeb) and with the Finnish clearing the road tomorrow, it won't be that interesting in day 2.
It will surprise me if Hirvonen doesn't drop behind Loeb unless the Frenchman lose 20-25 secs on the last stage. Or the weather forecast for tomorrow is 80-90 percent rain. Sordo might not, like Latvala in New Zealand last year to help his team-mate with the road cleaning. We'll see.

Tom206wrc
24th April 2009, 20:56
What happened to Aaron Burkart in SS8 ??? :confused:

jonkka
24th April 2009, 20:57
It will surprise me if Hirvonen doesn't drop behind Loeb unless the Frenchman lose 20-25 secs on the last stage. Or the weather forecast for tomorrow is 80-90 percent rain.

Quite so. Soon we will see, though.

Tom206wrc
24th April 2009, 21:04
SS9 running ;)

N.O.T
24th April 2009, 21:06
my guess after this stage sordo first loeb second then hirvonen

ZequeArgentina
Sweeping is not the case for Argentina.
Dust could be more harmfull.
I also think Loeb is palying safe, and when needed he will speed up.

But fight is exactly what everybody here was asking for.

jonkka
my guess after this stage sordo first loeb second then hirvonen

Good guess.

jonkka
24th April 2009, 21:10
splits freeze...

Tom206wrc
24th April 2009, 21:11
Splits times frozen ??? :mark:

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 21:11
Splits stopped???Now????
and WRR is playing music...............

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 21:12
Bad timing to lose splits...

awake27
24th April 2009, 21:13
Loeb completes the stage with time of 12:47.1

pettersolberg29
Loeb doesn't back off - 10secs faster than previously

Tom206wrc
Seb' was 10s faster than during his first passage ;)

jonkka
24th April 2009, 21:14
Interesting... Mikko has no GPS on any longer?

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 21:15
Mikko 10 secs faster than Loeb

jonkka
Mikko is 11 sec ahead... :eek:

Tom206wrc
Hirvo almost 14s faster ???? :eek:

awake27
Hirvonen goes 8 secs faster on the stage and 11 secs overall. Risky from Ford.

Psycho!
Mikko faster??? :eek:

Tom206wrc
24th April 2009, 21:16
And Sordo 5s ahead :D

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 21:17
Sordo 5 quicker than Hirvo - no holding back

Psycho!
Sordo,Mikko,Seb!!!

awake27
And Sordo! LOLness! The gaps are so surprising while still improving their stage times from the 1st pass.

jonkka
24th April 2009, 21:18
What is this?!?

N.O.T
interesting.... tommorow hirvonen will follow the lines of sordo and not loebs so my guess is Loeb will eat him alive...

jonkka
And where are Solbergs?

pettersolberg29
Petter in a good position as well for tomorrow

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 21:22
Loeb must have used tactics - or made an 'accidental error'!!

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 21:25
Good to see Latvala taking it easy - not!

awake27
24th April 2009, 21:26
Sordo as well risky to take only 5 secs lead.

jonkka
24th April 2009, 21:31
See you tomorrow...

tolis
24th April 2009, 21:32
Either JML is 6th or out of the rally, it is the same for Ford!!! It won't take the manufacturer's championship.

pettersolberg29
24th April 2009, 21:33
See you tomorrow...

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I can see someone other than Loeb win this rally.

Where are my pills...

Psycho!
24th April 2009, 21:43
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I can see someone other than Loeb win this rally
Fingers crossed dear....!Historical stages are waiting us tomorrow!!Hope for the same action as today!CU!! ;)

Moriarty
24th April 2009, 22:00
Loeb will be ahead tomorrow. At least 30 second advantage I think.

N.O.T
24th April 2009, 22:45
Loeb will be ahead tomorrow. At least 30 second advantage I think.

hmmmm my guess is around 15 seconds lead going into final day.

awake27
25th April 2009, 00:45
Hirvonen said that he was going to drop behind Loeb but the splits failed (like always stupid ISC, wrc.com or whoever is) so he had no choice but to drive normal while Loeb fearing for rain tomorrow pushed and stalled two times, one at the early part of the stage and one in the latter part.

Meanwhile Sordo has taken the opportunity of first car on the road as a must lesson for future contention. :)

Northern Monkey
25th April 2009, 00:48
Who actually leads the Juniors then? From the results on WRC.com it says its Bettega but then they have an article saying Kosciuszko is in control.

Think they need to make their mind up...

Good battle out front, hope it can continue through Saturday and Sunday and would be good if Petter could really get involved in it as well.

tmx
25th April 2009, 01:38
Sordo as well risky to take only 5 secs lead.
Not risky. It most likely planed for Sordo to be in front and Loeb to be behind so he can get a cleaner line on the second day. Loeb will be infront of Sordo when the rally ended.

COD
25th April 2009, 08:21
Has ISC promised Loeb somekind of bonus after Cyprus if he keeps the rallies interesting at least after day 1?

tolis
25th April 2009, 09:15
Photos from Argentina:
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/fotogalery.php?events=686&fotograf=56&all=1

Moriarty
25th April 2009, 11:13
hmmmm my guess is around 15 seconds lead going into final day.

There is two way. First Loeb will have big gap (minimum 30 second) and no tactics. Second 6 It will be great fight, last stage no splits again, day leader - Sordo. And great battle for tomorrow. Will we se Malcolm Wilson near finish of last stage with stopwatch? :D

John V
25th April 2009, 11:47
Prokop excluded afer Day1, illegal front brake discs ( see http://www.rallyargentina.com/downloads/Decision_3_eng.pdf )

HaCo
25th April 2009, 13:31
2 minutes before first stage...

muscrae
25th April 2009, 13:35
Good morning everyone. SS 10 starts...

muscrae
25th April 2009, 13:35
Martin Prokop is excluded...

edit: I am late to announce :)

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 13:36
And Sordo is in!!Good rallying day!!

muscrae
25th April 2009, 13:40
Sordo is fastest through early splits despite his road position...

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 13:41
Dani seems to be really fast!!!-1,8s from Mikko on the second split!

Mauri A
25th April 2009, 13:41
Weather in Argentina. Does somebody know?

Mauri A
25th April 2009, 13:43
Sordo is fastest through early splits despite his road position...
Might be just because of that.

ZequeArgentina
yesterday a TV programme showing all day 1 action, was boradcasted form service park, and 45 minutes service of Loeb car could be seen almost complete.
They looked quite worried about engine, specially electronics (not the same in Sordo´s car), the car also showed signes of small hits,
My conclussion is that Seb was not speculation, even he sounded a little worried. (his car stalled twice in last special).

Anyway I am sure he is still candidate for the win here.

pettersolberg29
Sordo missing a split and Petter slow...

N.O.T
25th April 2009, 13:44
no 3rd split for Mr Sordo....

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 13:44
No split 3 for Dani...

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 13:46
Ok he finished the stage...!

N.O.T
25th April 2009, 13:46
sordo finished the stage

N.O.T
25th April 2009, 13:47
Loeb attacks...

jonkka
25th April 2009, 13:49
Latvala is very slow

Psycho!
Petter and Mikko very slow....

ZequeArgentina
Some rain could be expected.
live radio: http://www.cadena3.com/multimedia.asp?programacion=CADENA%203 (only spanish)

pettersolberg29
25th April 2009, 13:50
For once we don't need retirements for an exciting rally! Let's hope all the top 4 complete the day within 30secs of each other for a good last day.

muscrae
25th April 2009, 13:59
Mina Clavero and El Condor are next, great to see these legendary stages !!!

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 14:03
Some rain could be expected.
live radio: http://www.cadena3.com/multimedia.asp?programacion=CADENA%203 (only spanish)

Alternative radio (cause the previuos one split rally information with other type): http://www.cadenaeco.com.ar/ce1220.htm

N.O.T
25th April 2009, 14:11
no sordo at the start...only hirvonen

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 14:14
GPS problems for Dani,ehhh??

muscrae
25th April 2009, 14:16
Dani ??????? Ohhh Noooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 14:16
Pozzo out of the lead in PWRC, apparently running on 2 cilinders

N.O.T
25th April 2009, 14:17
GPS problems for sordo...and Hirvonen cannot match Loebs pace.

jonkka
25th April 2009, 14:18
Looks that way...

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 14:21
JM's bonnet off???

bennizw
Shock, not. And then again a WRC event goes boring again..

N.O.T
no more splits

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 14:23
JM's bonnet off???

Apparently blown away!

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 14:23
No,there they are again!!

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 14:25
sordo at teh end of SS11, 18m 28s 07 (not official tim, from radio only)

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 14:27
Mikko is desperately slow....

N.O.T
25th April 2009, 14:29
Loeb into 2nd after just 2 stages.....

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 14:30
Mikko is desperately slow....
Just Loeb and JML faster than him

muscrae
25th April 2009, 14:34
Now it's El Condor time....

Miss you Colin :(

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 14:41
Villagra is closing the gap with Wilson, 13,5 seconds now

jonkka
25th April 2009, 14:43
10.5s now...

awake27
25th April 2009, 14:46
wrc.com reporting that Loeb had an off at the 1st stage today, a jump in the road which wasn’t marked in his pace notes. :eek:

jonkka
25th April 2009, 14:51
And like always, he escaped unscathed...

awake27
25th April 2009, 14:56
I bet the time will Loeb crash-retire-dnf will be celebration day like always.

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 14:58
El Condor is underway with no splits from Dani again...

Fide
25th April 2009, 15:00
sordo at teh end of SS11, 18m 28s 07 (not official tim, from radio only)me pasas el hyperlink de la radio que estas escuchando ? gracias

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 15:01
me pasas el hyperlink de la radio que estas escuchando ? gracias
http://www.cadenaeco.com.ar/ce1220.htm

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 15:03
Strong first split for Petter!!!

But he loses time again,just like Mikko...

Hartusvuori
25th April 2009, 15:06
Strong first split for Petter!!!

One tenth of a second faster than Hirvonen. Strong? Okey. You guys are funny.

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 15:11
One tenth of a second faster than Hirvonen. Strong? Okey. You guys are funny.
If you compare it to the +1,1 on the last stage,it is! :rolleyes:

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 15:13
Dani cracked...He is down to third now...

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 15:14
ogier out of th road, hit 3 spectators, no more info so far

N.O.T
order is restored Loeb first Hirvonen second....the rally is over.

N.O.T
hope everyone is fine...

Hartusvuori
25th April 2009, 15:15
ogier out of th road, hit 3 spectators, no more info so far

Let's hope it's not the worst case scenario. Fingers crossed...

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 15:24
Ogier continued, spectators appeared to be well (from radio comments). It was at the start of El Condor, just a small off

Forde-fotos
A good fight on this rally for a change. Only 6 seconds between the top three after 11 stages is interesting anyway.

Mauri A
Really funny these Greek fellows. I do not know if they are serious or not. If serious, pity!

N.O.T
25th April 2009, 15:25
will latvala be able to pass solberg without having to take risks and transform his car into spare parts?

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 15:27
will latvala be able to pass solberg without having to take risks and transform his car into spare parts?
If not any dramas,difficult!

ZequeArgentina
25th April 2009, 15:28
Really funny these Greek fellows. I do not know if they are serious or not. If serious, pity!

Greek fellows?
Mauri, Ogier inccident happened at the point we were in the last day morning at teh start of El Condor (were you remained at the start and Juan an I went a bit into the stage)

John V
25th April 2009, 15:33
Rautencrash? Any news pls?

Mauri A
25th April 2009, 15:37
Greek fellows?
Mauri, Ogier inccident happened at the point we were in the last day morning at teh start of El Condor (were you remained at the start and Juan an I went a bit into the stage)

These two fellows from Greece I do not understand. N.O.T. has been years bashing many drivers and now his compatriot is following the line.

ste898
25th April 2009, 15:42
Loeb in the lead Rally OVER!!!.......it took abit longer than usual though.....

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 15:44
To Mauri:If you don't like us,log off!!

To the rest:Stage is on!

Forde-fotos
25th April 2009, 15:57
Wel done to Loeb on his 100% record this year 5 rounds out of 5.

Mauri A
25th April 2009, 15:58
To Mauri:If you don't like us,log off!!

To the rest:Stage is on!
No reason to log off, most people here are sane!

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 16:10
Villagra lost two minutes!!Ogier 8th!!!(?)

jonkka
25th April 2009, 16:14
Can't see Ooo-gie...

muscrae
25th April 2009, 16:21
What happened to Ogier?

HaCo
25th April 2009, 17:05
Just saw the images of Eurosport of Day 1: what a nice rally! Big battle in front...

Hipo1990
25th April 2009, 18:08
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5686/latvala610x.th.jpg (http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5686/latvala610x.jpg)

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/latvala610x.jpg/1/w1213.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img264/latvala610x.jpg/1/)

N.O.T
25th April 2009, 19:22
next stage is on

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 19:36
Latvala maybe going too fast...

pettersolberg29
25th April 2009, 19:36
Petter lost tonnes of time - JML is sniffing his tail (proverbially speaking!)

Psycho!
25th April 2009, 19:38
Petter lost a lot in here...

N.O.T
25th April 2009, 19:38
hirvonen has some life in him still....

Mr Lopez
25th April 2009, 19:39
henning problem?