PDA

View Full Version : No MG at Thruxton....

mattie007
21st April 2009, 15:08
Jason is still recovering from the knee op so there will be no ZS this weekend. A damn shame as the car is suited to Thruxton, especially with the new updates.

However, a second MG will appear in ther second half of the season being driven by a former BTCC favourite.....

from http://www.teamkwr.net

21st APR '09 KWR SPORT SIT OUT THRUXTON
KWR Sport will once again be missing at this weekend’s action at Thruxton, having already missed the opening rounds of the HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch.

Hughes, still suffering from surgery he had back in February, may only be authorised to drive following an appointment next Tuesday – after the Thruxton event.

Although some of the KWR Sport staff were present at the season opener almost 3 weeks ago, the much-loved MG ZS was missing at Brands Hatch – the first time the manufacturer had not been represented in the BTCC since 2001.

Hughes admitted that it was frustrating to miss so many races.

“I competed in only three events in 2005 (Mondello Park, Knockhill and Brands Hatch) but that was through choice. Missing these events is not through choice, but doctor’s orders. I’d be a fool to ruin the progress that my knee has made by racing now, but believe me, it has crossed my mind!”

However, next week a second MG ZS will begin a full rebuild process similar to that of Hughes’ car, for the hopeful return of a series favourite later in the season. The proven MG represents great value for money racing, in a series which receives so much coverage.

“We received a phone call asking if we could get another car prepared, for the later part of the season, so we jumped at the chance. Our intention through the winter was always to run a two-car operation in 2009, and it looks like we’ll get that chance after the summer break.”

KWR Sport last ran a two car MG team for Hughes and Fiona Leggate in 2007, where both cars ran on Bio Ethanol fuel.

Allyc85
21st April 2009, 17:32
Thats a shame, always liked the MG and he had to be missing my local round! Still great news that there will be a second one later in the year :D

christophulus
21st April 2009, 17:46
However, a second MG will appear in ther second half of the season being driven by a former BTCC favourite.....

Who's that going to be then? Any ideas?

Glad to see the MG is still hanging around, takes me back to when I first got watching the BTCC..

VkmSpouge
21st April 2009, 18:03
I really hope Jason Hughes recovers soon from his knee injury!

mattie007
21st April 2009, 20:17
If its an MG BTCC favourite then its got to be Reidy or Warren Hughes!

VkmSpouge
21st April 2009, 21:40
It doesn't say "MG BTCC favourite" it just says "series favourite" which could mean just about anyone who drove in the BTCC and does not have a drive at the moment.

Eurotech
22nd April 2009, 18:49
Tom Onslow-Cole?

VX_Rules
22nd April 2009, 22:27
in an MG? hope not...

Adam Bollons
23rd April 2009, 13:50
My money is on Fiona Leggate returning.

She has driven the MG before, her baby will be older and she is a favourite with the fans.

PDS
26th May 2009, 22:24
Or at Oulton Park either!!!

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1466

VX_Rules
26th May 2009, 23:13
Was MG an Donny, anyone actually notice? lol

LiamM
26th May 2009, 23:19
Was MG an Donny, anyone actually notice? lol

No it wasnt

mattie007
29th May 2009, 18:31
Jason missed the first 3 rounds because of injury, now hes missing Croft through work commitments as hes opening up a new MG Rover parts garage.

Shame, as I had hoped to go to Oulton for the first time this weekend aswell.

BTCC2
29th May 2009, 23:56
He's missing Croft aswell?

tisme
30th May 2009, 00:31
Can't really see him out this year now... can you?

Alfa Fan
30th May 2009, 00:34
Why not? He didn't make his season debut until July in 2005!

PDS
30th May 2009, 00:44
I can understand your comments if he was starting out with a new car, but what will get to achieve leaving it this late?
There so many more competitive independants out now.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Jason out again. I just agree with Tisme.

BTCC2
30th May 2009, 22:54
He will acheive exactly what he wants to acheive I would imagine, and by that I mean simply being involved in the BTCC and with relative success when taking into account his budget and the age of the car.

VkmSpouge
31st May 2009, 00:50
He's missing Croft aswell?

No his press release does not say that. I reckon he'll be out there again because he loves racing in the BTCC, what better reason does he need?

BTCC2
31st May 2009, 15:52
now hes missing Croft through work commitments

Didn't know if it was something we hadn't heard or just a mistake.

mattie007
31st May 2009, 23:24
My mistake, I meant Oulton. Hope hes out for Croft along with the 'mystery' driver!