PDA

View Full Version : Mat Jackson returns

MattL
20th April 2009, 16:57
Mat Jackson will return to the BTCC at Thruxton this weekend...in an RML Chevrolet Lacetti.

jonv
20th April 2009, 17:30
replacing Plato?

Alfa Fan
20th April 2009, 17:34
btcc.net has both Plato and Jackson listed as racing for RML now

AndySpeed
20th April 2009, 17:49
btcc.net has both Plato and Jackson listed as racing for RML now

Is that possibly because once entered you don't get "unentered"?

The article actually says Jackson will be driving the car Plato raced last time out.

Alfa Fan
20th April 2009, 18:10
No but it now has RML down as 2 cars is what I meant, whereas it doesn't have Dynamics down as 3 for example.

AndySpeed
20th April 2009, 18:25
No but it now has RML down as 2 cars is what I meant, whereas it doesn't have Dynamics down as 3 for example.

The Dynamics page still lists Shedden though, so it could be a simple case of it not being updated. Can't read too much into what you see, even on the official website.

We'll just have to wait and see.

DazzlaF1
20th April 2009, 18:49
The Dynamics page still lists Shedden though, so it could be a simple case of it not being updated. Can't read too much into what you see, even on the official website.

We'll just have to wait and see.

If Plato can get the funding in place, i think it will be 2 cars, great to see Jackson returning though.

Its a great prospect for Thruxton, O'Neill and Hughes due to return, Thompson coming back and now Jackson and Tempus looking to fill their 2nd entry, thats potentially 24 cars, that would be fantastic

Chris2k6
20th April 2009, 20:28
man am i glad i bought a set of thruxton tickets yesterday! will be great to see him back in the championship and hopefully it will be alongside plato. Just need TOC back now and it will be fantastic :-D

wedge
21st April 2009, 12:41
Great news for Matt. Hopefully it should be more long term but is it just me that thinks they would rather see Matt back in BMWs? Stephen Jelley - move outta the way! :D

LiamM
21st April 2009, 14:43
Crash.net have Plato down as attending Thruxton for RML in this news story

http://www.crash.net/BTCC/News/145626/1/which_champion_will_fare_best_at_thruxton.html

christophulus
21st April 2009, 17:47
No official confirmation of Plato yet in this other story on crash.net but it'd be great to see them both back. If Plato and Jackson can't get a drive it must be bad out there for sponsors..

VkmSpouge
21st April 2009, 18:05
Great news that Mat Jackson has got a top deal together with RML. Hopefully they will find a way of making it stick for the rest of season. If RML can run both Jason Plato and Mat Jackson for the entire year, that would be brilliant.

vr4red
21st April 2009, 19:36
If Plato can get the funding in place, i think it will be 2 cars, great to see Jackson returning though.

Its a great prospect for Thruxton, O'Neill and Hughes due to return, Thompson coming back and now Jackson and Tempus looking to fill their 2nd entry, thats potentially 24 cars, that would be fantastic

What happened to O'Neil at Brands?

VkmSpouge
21st April 2009, 21:38
I believe Paul o'Neill had prior business commitments that prevented him from racing at Brands Hatch.