PDA

View Full Version : whiners are second best. coincidence?

Mickey T
20th April 2009, 01:52
was highly amused by today's race.

the fastest Renaults were clearly Red Bulls.

the fastest Ferraris were clearly Toro Rossos

the fastest Mercedes-Benzes were clearly Brawns and, if he hadn't shunted, Sutil's Force India would have embarrassed the mighty mclaren as well.

while macca has its own issues, doesn't it say a lot about renault and ferrari at the moment?

are they barking so loudly at others to try to draw attention away from their own poor performances?

if they were the fastest non-double deck teams, you might concede them a point. they're not, though. they're miles away from the RBRs, which means they're miles away from the best "conventionally developed" cars, comparable to their own design philosophies, are running.

it's a good thing nobody else uses BMW engines...

F1boat
20th April 2009, 09:32
You are right and I am very happy. RBR lost much with the DD deemed legal, but although persistent they were never rude during the appeal or after that. Unlike Ferrari, Renault and BMW. I am happy that the whiners got their a$$e$ handled to them on a silver plate.

Knock-on
20th April 2009, 09:51
it's a good thing nobody else uses BMW engines...

:laugh:

Good point ;)

The smaller teams have been able to put all resourses into developing cars where the bigger teams with their corporate processes and structure seem a bit pedestrean by comparisson.

It's quite refreshing but come the 2nd half of the season, it will be different.

nigelred5
20th April 2009, 15:08
It seems to me the manufacturer teams concentrated their development efforts around KERS and the powertrain ans Ferrari and BMW have clearly failed miserably at this point. This clearly allowed the customer teams to totally concentrate on the car and aerodynamics. Even Force India has increased their performance dramatically.

The speed team commented that this year harkens back to the early 90's battles between the Adrian Newey and Ross Brawn programs of Williams and Benetton. A competetion between the masterful car designs of Newey vs pushing the technical aspects of every page of the rule books by the Brawn lead team.

UltimateDanGTR
20th April 2009, 15:31
the title of this thread says it all.

ofcourse whiners are second best, if they were winning they wouldnt be whining would they. ;)

jens
20th April 2009, 16:38
I remember in 2007 Toyota got embarrased by getting beaten by Williams. Now they seem to be the only manufacturer beating the customer team!

Sleeper
20th April 2009, 17:01
^And thats debatable because they are so close on pace.

BTW, theres nothing "conventional" about the RB5, its probably the most aggressively designed car on the grid.