PDA

View Full Version : Vettel to lose pole?

markabilly
18th April 2009, 19:33
Seems there may be an issue of blocking by Vettel on HK :confused:
Will it cost him pole??

Then there is apparently a fair major problem with the seals around the driveshaft and transmisson, and they keep failing......Is Freddie in for a shot at a win even without the pole at china?

truefan72
18th April 2009, 19:46
I am patiently waiting to see if the FIA applies the same logic as it did on heidfeld for blocking DC last year.

F1boat
18th April 2009, 19:59
No. He blocked a McLaren. I guess that this is a virtue.

ioan
18th April 2009, 20:46
Both Vettel and Kovalainen were on out laps. You guys should check the facts before starting talking rubbish.

markabilly
18th April 2009, 20:58
I was not talking about Lewis

ioan
18th April 2009, 21:21
I was not talking about Lewis

Neither was I.

Tazio
18th April 2009, 22:22
there is apparently a fair major problem with the seals around the driveshaft and transmisson, and they keep failing......

I think both them ol' boys are in for a rough ride :eek:

Both the German and his Red Bull Racing team-mate Mark Webber found their FP3 practice on Saturday morning halted by hitherto unencountered driveshaft woes, limiting them to just 15 laps between them. That left a question mark over the reliability of the RB5 heading into the all-important qualifying session – and Vettel having to complete as few laps as possible for fear of it breaking down again. It was not, he confessed, an ideal scenario
http://www.crash.net/formula+one/news/145519/1/vettel_i_wasnt_sure_the_car_would_last_qualifying. html

......Is Freddie in for a shot at a win even without the pole at china? He will need some luck. But if he gets it he is back in the hunt for a third WDC.
Realistically with his fuel load he will be lucky to get a podium!

Bagwan
18th April 2009, 23:26
And , here was I , thinking that this was about those Red Bulls , and the amount of wing flex they were showing over the bumps at the end of the pit straight .
It was mentioned in the commentary , but I guess the teams were too busy to watch .

Tazio
18th April 2009, 23:40
And , here was I , thinking that this was about those Red Bulls , and the amount of wing flex they were showing over the bumps at the end of the pit straight .
It was mentioned in the commentary , but I guess the teams were too busy to watch .Do elaborate Bags' This is the first I've heard of this!

Bagwan
19th April 2009, 00:45
On the telecast , it seemed like the wings were really flexing as they came towards the camera angle at the first corner , much more so than any of the others .
There's a bump they go over there just before the entry .

I mentioned it to a buddy on my couch , and Brundle spoke about it a moment later , so , I know I didn't imagine it .
I hypothesized that perhaps they got the front wings surplus from Toyota .

It sure looked to me that they flexed way more than they should .