PDA

View Full Version : F1 2009 Circus-Act III

race aficionado
16th April 2009, 16:26
The first 2 acts this year have been as whacky as can be.

What do you think the third act will bring?

What other soap opera drama awaits us this weekend?

What is for sure is that with the new regulations we have not been getting the F1 parade where the only exciting thing was the start of the race.

We are all suckers for this sport because we still get excited when we see those 4 wheeled bullets do their thing.

It's a crazy sport indeed and I can't wait to see what the circus brings on next.

Do you think things will calm down and we will start witnessing the "we all got diffusers - and mine is better than yours" war now?

:s mokin:

BoilerIMS
16th April 2009, 16:33
I approve of all drama / legal antics as long as it is not in the form of a drain cover.

Shifter
16th April 2009, 16:36
To answer the question, I hope so. Keep in mind OZ is always wacky and Malaysia turned into a monsoon, so I'm thinking that China may be the first normal-style race with the new cars. I'm interested in how it will play out.

race aficionado
16th April 2009, 16:37
I approve of all drama / legal antics as long as it is not in the form of a drain cover.

My man Juan is in another circus and no drain covers have come his way yet.
:p :

Shifter
16th April 2009, 16:40

Montoya isn't around to find new ways of dropping out of a race, so I wouldn't worry.

Shifter
16th April 2009, 16:41

I've been ninja'd

tintop
16th April 2009, 17:19

Depressing to watch..... occasionally.

UltimateDanGTR
16th April 2009, 17:30
if we get a sane race and a weekend without controvesy I will will personally and officially wear a peice of broccoli for a hat for a whole month

ioan
16th April 2009, 17:50
This will be the race with the shortest ever stint on a set of tires if the race is run in normal conditions (no rain). Everyone will run less than 10 laps on the super soft rubber.

VX_Rules
16th April 2009, 17:56
Im betting about 7 laps maybe.

race aficionado
16th April 2009, 18:19
Hey ioan.

And hopefully a flawless pit strategie for Ferrari on this third try?

;) :)

ioan
16th April 2009, 18:22
Hey ioan.

;) :)

Hi race afi,

I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Dzeidzei
16th April 2009, 18:35
I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Hmm... with MS back in Kerpen there´s a slight chance though?

I hope Heikki gets to actually make a pit stop. And keep on outpacing his teammate.

race aficionado
16th April 2009, 18:52
I see a Broccolli hat has been thrown in the ring and I for one am joining the Bunsen bandwagon on my pickems.
Going with the Macs upfront (in the first two acts! :dork: ) was not a good idea :mad:

But of course with this circus ambience we never know what the new front runners are going to be faced with . . . .

harvick#1
16th April 2009, 19:29
heres your act III :laugh: theres no way thats not illegal :D

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/2009/chi/f1-2009-chi-xp-0016.jpg

schmenke
16th April 2009, 19:37
Let's see the diffuser on that thing!

Donney
16th April 2009, 19:46
I expect some punctures and some safety cars (hopefully deployed fast), maybe some rain?

I don't think it will be entirely normal.

mstillhere
16th April 2009, 20:22
Hey ioan.

;) :) :s mokin:

Well, Ferrari is bringing something very new: NO KERS!!

I am courious to see if the Ferraris without the extra weight would go faster and how much faster would they go.

Also, according to Ferrari, not having the KERS, would allow their cars to administer their tires better

Donney
16th April 2009, 21:02
It makes sense, less weight less use of the rubber.

ioan
16th April 2009, 21:23
Hmm... with MS back in Kerpen there´s a slight chance though?

Stop saying such things. MS never had a say in the race strategy since he left the cockpit after Brazil 2006.

After the last Ferrari team changes it's obvious who was in charge of those decisions and thus moved to do something better suited to him than strategy.

ioan
16th April 2009, 21:26

I am courious to see if the Ferraris without the extra weight would go faster and how much faster would they go.

Also, according to Ferrari, not having the KERS, would allow their cars to administer their tires better

It makes sense, less weight less use of the rubber.

The weight of the cars will be the same because there is a legal minimum weight to be met.

What they will be able to do is balance the car better in order to achieve a better set-up and maybe better tire usage. The cars were not heavier because of the KERS.

mstillhere
16th April 2009, 22:07
The weight of the cars will be the same because there is a legal minimum weight to be met.

What they will be able to do is balance the car better in order to achieve a better set-up and maybe better tire usage. The cars were not heavier because of the KERS.

But the KERS, again according to Ferrari, for some reason was causing a faster wear of the tires.

ioan
16th April 2009, 22:28
But the KERS, again according to Ferrari, for some reason was causing a faster wear of the tires.

That's normal given that the power put through the tires was 80HP more than in normal use.

christophulus
17th April 2009, 07:26

Doesn't seem to be having the desired effect so far. It's odd to see they've removed it on one of the tracks everyone has said it'd be a great help on.

Even Kubica is trying out KERS in the practice session despite the weight disadvantage, so Ferrari seem to be going the opposite way to everyone else.

F1boat
17th April 2009, 08:04
I am very concerned... Ferrari needs to improve things, but I dunno how :(

janneppi
17th April 2009, 10:10
I've seen mentioned that KERS makes braking more difficult to control, that it, along with the extra power eat's up tyres more than before.

aryan
17th April 2009, 11:07
The first 2 acts this year have been as whacky as can be.

What do you think the third act will bring?

Welcome back to the F1 forum race. It good to have you here.

How is you man doing in Nascar? F1 seems such a wierd place without him, JV and MS. I'm still getting used to all this new Kubica and Vettel stuff :)

ioan
17th April 2009, 11:20
I've seen mentioned that KERS makes braking more difficult to control, that it, along with the extra power eat's up tyres more than before.

According to Renault's Bob Bell, this isn't true, and KERS can be also used as a programmable braking device because it has it's own control unit.

race aficionado
17th April 2009, 15:49
Welcome back to the F1 forum race. It good to have you here.

How is you man doing in Nascar? F1 seems such a wierd place without him, JV and MS. I'm still getting used to all this new Kubica and Vettel stuff :)

Hi Aryan. :)

I'm enjoying Juan's Nascar adventure and I still follow F1 - I am fortunate to enjoy both but wow! does this F1 series not remind you of a crazy soap opera.

The two last years have brought some great excitement and with these new regs we know much more is in store.

I too miss the days of Juan bashing, MS bashing and JV bashing :p :

And I am looking forward to tomorrow's race, that's for sure.

peace

Shifter
21st April 2009, 16:43
if we get a sane race and a weekend without controvesy I will will personally and officially wear a peice of broccoli for a hat for a whole month

I say you should wear at least a half a peice of broccoli. I haven't heard much controversy...?

race aficionado
21st April 2009, 18:41
I have a feeling that none of this year's races are going to be sane and without controversy.

As a matter of fact, I prefer this craziness than to the parades we use to get a couple of years ago.

And we have to admit that all this top tier team reshuffling and the likes of Ferrari and Macs fighting to avoid embarrassment is a good thing.

I am also enjoying Vettel, Bunsen, Webber and RB getting a chance to do their thing in better cars.

I'm enjoying the circus.

peace,

Storm
21st April 2009, 18:59
Hola Race ;) bienvenido...de nuevo :)

Yes indeed it is quite refreshing to see new faces on the podium and the uncertainty about who will perform and how...+ the top dogs having to fight back makes for a better viewing..I'm sure Ferrari will come back stronger once we get to Barcelona/European races.

UltimateDanGTR
21st April 2009, 20:56
I say you should wear at least a half a peice of broccoli. I haven't heard much controversy...?

dont worry, wearing my broccoli hat right now ;) :D