PDA

View Full Version : Is this really why we almost got the medal system?!?

PSfan
15th April 2009, 21:10
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-cosworth-return-one-step-closer/

Mosley - keen for the Cosworth proposal to work in order to reduce F1's reliance on car manufacturers - decided to fully back Ecclestone's proposal for the 'winner takes all'-style scoring system.

Sometimes I really really hate the politics in F1...

grantb4
15th April 2009, 21:46
Sometimes??

Mosely and Ecclestone have really outlived their usefulness.

wmcot
16th April 2009, 08:26
I still want to see the "half-medals" from Malaysia! :)

Ari
16th April 2009, 09:04
Sometimes??

Mosely and Ecclestone have really outlived their usefulness.

They were once useful? I've not been following F1 for that many decades.....

ioan
16th April 2009, 09:57
They were once useful? I've not been following F1 for that many decades.....

They did a good job until halfway through the nineties, than the greed took over and F1 was slowly transformed into an artificial "every second week end show".

Time for a revolution me thinks.

Ranger
16th April 2009, 11:07
They did a good job until halfway through the nineties, than the greed took over and F1 was slowly transformed into an artificial "every second week end show".

:up:

They've both got to go.

16th April 2009, 11:08
"Meet the new boss....

.......he's the same as the old boss"

Mark
16th April 2009, 11:23
You really think they would be replaced with someone who likes F1? More likely some corporate investment type who'll bleed F1 dry (oh wait Bernie is doing that anyway!)

Ranger
16th April 2009, 11:40
"Meet the new boss....

.......he's the same as the old boss"

Mosley and Ecclestone are becoming liabilities much like J. Edgar Hoover became.

It is only in the past 10 years when the decisions have become increasingly misguided and stupid that the amount of power they jointly possess is concerning.

AndyRAC
16th April 2009, 12:13
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-cosworth-return-one-step-closer/

Mosley - keen for the Cosworth proposal to work in order to reduce F1's reliance on car manufacturers - decided to fully back Ecclestone's proposal for the 'winner takes all'-style scoring system.

Sometimes I really really hate the politics in F1...

At least Mosley is consistent - he said a similar thing regarding Manufacturers in the WRC.

V12
16th April 2009, 15:15
I agree that Max wasn't actually too bad in the first few years of his reign. Martin Brundle once said in an interview that he met the drivers at the first F1 race after his election, Japan 1991, saying something along the lines of "You're not going to see that much of me," (implying less meddling than the Balestre era) which was met with a big cheer from the drivers.

What a crock of smelly brown stuff that turned out to be...

tintop
16th April 2009, 16:26
Flawed men obsessed with maintaining power above all else.

emporer_k
16th April 2009, 17:30

It cant come soon enough.

V12
17th April 2009, 15:08
I agree that Max wasn't actually too bad in the first few years of his reign.

Although on second thoughts, neither was Hitler apparently, which pretty much says it all. Either way you're all right we do need a revolution, both need to be gotten rid of, and take their medals, standard parts, standard engines, and arrive-and-drive Formula 2 with them.