PDA

View Full Version : POLL: What will McLaren's/Lewis' punishment for 'LIE-GATE' be?

Giuseppe F1
13th April 2009, 22:18
Hi Mods

Is it possible for one of you to be able to make my points below into a poll please? Thanking you all in advance

Giuseppe F1-

1) Monetary fine

2) Race ban for X amount of races

3) Allowed to race on as normal yet not allowed to gain Drivers Championship points

4) Allowed to race on as normal yet not allowed to gain Constructors Championship points

5) Total team exclusion from 2009 FIA Formula 1 World Championship

6) Total team exclusion from FIA World Championship for 2009 and beyond for X seasons

7) Combination of the above - Please comment to specify

CNR
13th April 2009, 23:24
2 more
they consider that he has been punished enough

serve a drive through penital in the next 3 races
----------------------------------------------

lewis made to drive for force india

PSfan
13th April 2009, 23:26
Hi Mods

Is it possible for one of you to be able to make my points below into a poll please? Thanking you all in advance

Giuseppe F1-

1) Monetary fine

2) Race ban for X amount of races

3) Allowed to race on as normal yet not allowed to gain Drivers Championship points

4) Allowed to race on as normal yet not allowed to gain Constructors Championship points

6) Total team exclusion from FIA World Championship for 2009 and beyond for X seasons

7) Combination of the above - Please comment to specify

This like the diffuser thing I can see going any number of ways...

But I'll pic number 2...2) Race ban for X amount of races where x=2. Though I'm not sure if it will be a team ban like what happened to Honda for their gas tank incident, or if it will be a driver only ban like what happened to Micheal Schumacher for passing during a formation lap.

Valve Bounce
14th April 2009, 00:39
There will be no further punishment - his crying and apology has touched Charlie Whiting in the back - about 3 feet below his neck.

Phoenixent
14th April 2009, 01:20
There will be no further punishment - his crying and apology has touched Charlie Whiting in the back - about 3 feet below his neck.

:laugh:

I don't think that the team or the driver cared about the last punishment so I think it should be.
Maybe they will learn this time around.

gloomyDAY
14th April 2009, 02:01
There will be no further punishment - his crying and apology has touched Charlie Whiting in the back - about 3 feet below his neck.LOL!

5) Ban McLaren for 2009.

As much as it pains me to say/write that, it is the right call.
Will it happen? No, I'm sure this will probable wash over.

Daniel
14th April 2009, 08:55
Ban for a few races for Lewis.

CNR
14th April 2009, 09:21
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14042009/13/fia-requests-bbc-interview-lie-gate.html
FIA requests BBC interview over 'lie-gate'

"Trulli took back the place under the safety car, which ordinarily you wouldn't do," Whitmarsh had said in Melbourne.
According to reports in Britain, including in the Telegraph newspaper, the FIA wants to study the original BBC recording of the Whitmarsh comments.
If its team boss backed the Ryan-Hamilton argument prior to the stewards hearings, McLaren (http://www.motorsportforums.com/formula-1/mclaren.html) could be accused of also lying about Whitmarsh's involvement in and knowledge about the affair.

UltimateDanGTR
14th April 2009, 09:47
the FIA hate Mclaren anyway. so they'll either ban them or take away their constructors points this year and lots and lots of fine money ontop.

not what the sport needs but the latter option being what they deserve.

F1boat
14th April 2009, 19:54
They will take their WCC points, I guess.

Tazio
14th April 2009, 21:20
LIE-GATE POLL Thanks Pino!

yodasarmpit
14th April 2009, 21:28
Is this a poll of what we think they should get, or what will actually get?
Because no matter what we all think, the FIA will come up with something different :)

Ghostwalker
14th April 2009, 22:03
Is this a poll of what we think they should get, or what will actually get?
Because no matter what we all think, the FIA will come up with something different :)

i think we should se it as Punishment Pickems.

Storm
15th April 2009, 11:00
Atleast a race ban for the driver (2/3 races) is necessary, which "might" teach not to lie (maybe a complete ban on his father attending races too, as he does not seem to have taught his kid about not lying! + I don't want to see him on tv, every damn race)

Also maybe everytime he sees Trulli behind him this season, he has to let him pass ;)

Sonic
15th April 2009, 15:43
I see this as a straight 2 race ban. I see it as the only option - they lied before and got a fine, lying again so soon after can only lead to a harsher punishment.

I feel sorry for Hekki though - he's done nothing wrong and could be left twiddling his thumbs

markabilly
16th April 2009, 00:51
Nothingmuch .....other than a warning and fine to mac
a ban on RD
and a hanky for hamilton to blow his nose

aryan
16th April 2009, 04:44
Throw them out of 2009. Both the Hamilton and the team lied through their teeth, up to the team principal.

This team needs to be cleaned, and its principles as well as principals need to change.

Dave B
17th April 2009, 13:17
Sent to bed early without their pudding. :p

17th April 2009, 13:20
I feel sorry for Hekki though - he's done nothing wrong and could be left twiddling his thumbs

Seeing as how he hasn't completed a racing lap yet, he'll find that easy.

jens
17th April 2009, 17:33
I really can't imagine McLaren getting excluded from F1. 18 cars and a loss of team with great history and a lot of fans wouldn't make any good for F1. I expect most likely a monetary fund, at worst case scenario 2-race-ban like BAR got in 2005.

Triumph
19th April 2009, 03:27
I think they will wait to see how Lewis gets on in the forthcoming races, then use it to hold him back if he does too well, as was the case last year.