PDA

View Full Version : H A N S

duby miller
13th April 2009, 18:40
hi all

as Sebastian Loeb said , the HANS is the best safety for the crew.

is there any "HANS-must" national rally championships ?

thanks
duby

J4MIE
13th April 2009, 21:12
Believe HANS is now mandatory in Ireland, not sure about anywhere else.

SubaruNorway
13th April 2009, 21:44
Mandatory in wrc and group N here in Norway.

PLuto
13th April 2009, 22:21
Mandatory in Czech republic, in Spain, in Turkey, in whole ERC...

urabus-denoS2000
13th April 2009, 22:26
WAS madatory in Croatia till a few days ago,when after a veeeery poor entry list for Rally Novi Vinodolski the drivers decided to postpone it

Alvaro_Rally
13th April 2009, 23:42
In Spain itīs compulsory for all the events since 2008 started, including local ones!

L5->R5/CR
14th April 2009, 04:25
The HANS device is mandatory in Canada as it is the only device available that has the FIA safety certification.

In the US Rally America required the devices in 2008 for all rallies, the other sanctioning body is rolling in requirements by the end of 2009. The requirements are based off of the SFI 38.1 safety standard and include the HANS and other devices.

Nate
14th April 2009, 10:31
its well on the way here in australia but not mandatory yet. I will be ordering one regardless ... what price do you put on your neck??

matSLO
14th April 2009, 22:31
It is mandatory in Slovenia from this year...

Daniel
14th April 2009, 23:53
Nate, I would consider your purchase wisely. I remember a few years ago in v8 supercars, one of the drivers complained that he was trapped in the car because of the HANS device when he rolled.

Nate
15th April 2009, 06:51
Nate, I would consider your purchase wisely. I remember a few years ago in v8 supercars, one of the drivers complained that he was trapped in the car because of the HANS device when he rolled.

fair comment ... my reasoning lies with the fact that most australian rounds (at any level) are in forestry and a straight on imact with a tree / bank / stump is pretty common accident. also being a navigator i am fairly low down in the car so even if the roof does come in a little i should still be able to get the hans off. if for whatever reason i am stuck in the car help is only 2 minutes behind you ... just my 2 cents anyway

rdr
15th April 2009, 17:50
Finland / Rally
HANS is mandatory 2010- in Finnish Championchip events and 2012- all rally events!

Many Finnish rally and rallysprint drivers use it allready.

urabus-denoS2000
20th April 2009, 13:36
HANS is no more mandatory in Europe,only in WRC

Xsara Fan
20th April 2009, 17:15
Russian rally championship is "HANS must".

Mirek
20th April 2009, 17:16
In Czech republic it is mandatory as Pluto said but it is also mandatory for national sprintrally championship for N4 and S1600 (I think).

urabus-denoS2000
20th April 2009, 18:53
Today it was announced that HANS is NO MORE MANDATORY ANYWHERE

It is mandatory only in WRC

kiil
20th April 2009, 18:53
fair comment ... my reasoning lies with the fact that most australian rounds (at any level) are in forestry and a straight on imact with a tree / bank / stump is pretty common accident. also being a navigator i am fairly low down in the car so even if the roof does come in a little i should still be able to get the hans off. if for whatever reason i am stuck in the car help is only 2 minutes behind you ... just my 2 cents anyway

And your seatbelt cutters will also cut the HANS straps, so i really don't seeing this as an issue...

Pinto
21st April 2009, 00:31
you have to use the hans in every form of a rally in ireland from this year on

Comal
21st April 2009, 10:00
Here in NZ they have been made compulsory this season for Group N 4wd.

I purchased one 2 years ago so I could get used to it in my own time before they are compulsory. I have found it excellent and highly recommend them! - last season I was codriving in 2 crashes where the drivers momentarily lost consciousness (different drivers and cars) I had no loss of conscousness at all.
Someone mentioned above you cannot get out with a HANS device in a roll, well I am not small and in the 2nd crash we rolled and had to go out through the drivers window with the car still upside down and this was no problem at all, if it had been I have quick release tethers on mine which with a quick pull disconnect the device from the helmet.
The only other thing that is worth considering is the gel pads, as rallying we have them on a long time in a days rallying.
And no they don't restrict your side vision, I codrive for some seriously sideways drivers and have no problem whatsoever.

Sonner
21st April 2009, 16:10
Mandatory in Czech republic, in Spain, in Turkey, in whole ERC...

No in Turkey it's postponed to next year due to financial crisis. But for ERC Istanbul Rally teams like Delta Sport and Ford Rallye Sport Turkey, as i heard, rent HANS to his competitors for this rally

Brother John
21st April 2009, 16:20
I thought that Hans is a Dutch name. :p ;)

Iskald
22nd April 2009, 10:16
I thought that Hans is a Dutch name. :p ;)

No, its danish, and he wrote some excellent fairy tales...

urabus-denoS2000
22nd April 2009, 16:32
It seems there was a mistake in our Croatian HAKS who now apologized for giving wrong info....

Now you understand what kind of dumb a** takes care of uor motorsport..

Anway it is mandatory for FIA Rallys