PDA

View Full Version : I have a pitch for FIA.

A.F.F.
13th April 2009, 17:45
How about a special GTR class in selected WRC rallies for our rich and bored friends around the world. It would be so cool to watch those 911s and Nissan 350z on gravel trying to keep on between the ditches. Let's say, six to seven rallies.

I definately get no pleasure of extra WRC cars if they're not driven even remotely fast. And when the direction seem to be that all those ice cream guys and Warmbolds and sheiks love to race, why not an entertaining class with thrilling cars on rally tracks. It works on national level, why wouldn't it work on world level??? Those luxurycars would probably be cheaper than WRC cars anyway.... not that they count cash...

Rallyper
13th April 2009, 18:17
Yeaahh! That would be stunning!! Seeing a 911 GT3 making a couple of rolls in the famous last corner of Ouninpohja would be a highlight!! :)

I´m on your proposition. It´s showbusiness, so why not? :p :

urabus-denoS2000
13th April 2009, 20:01
Definately,I don't know what the FIA is waiting for

I would like to see Porsche entering a works team on asphalt rallys when they have a good chance for a podium finish (when S2000 takes over)

Zico
13th April 2009, 20:22
Gets a big thumbs up from me.. I can see a lot of big names being interested in doing it too... would probably steal a lot of the S2000's thunder and become the main attraction... hell..at the moment I think I'd rather watch that than the WRC cars!.. such is the current state of WRC.

I wonder what would dominate, GT3's or Nissan GTR's?... or would you have it RWD only so we can see Ferrari's compete? ...now we're talking! :D

urabus-denoS2000
13th April 2009, 20:39
I would like manufactors to get involved with some works projects

AndyRAC
13th April 2009, 21:28
Here, count me in. In fact, the WRC/ISC should be encouraging all Manufacturers to the sport. First, sort the calendar out - have a 12 round series, with an even mix of Gravel/Tarmac, plus a snow event. Then the GT cars can compete for the Championship - what is wrongg with that. There used to be Sportscars allowed years ago, why not again? Instead of the boring 'family saloons'.
Imagine Porsche 911GT3's, Nissan 350Z, AstonMartin V8 Vantage GT, BMW GT3, etc Would be awesome.....

...we can dream.

Ghostwalker
13th April 2009, 21:35
yeah that would be cool.

here is 2 pictures of a porsche rally car Driven by Björn Waldegård.:

picture 1 (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Bj%C3%B6rn_Waldeg%C3%A5rd_-_2008_Colin_McRae_Forest_Stages_Rally.jpg/1280px-Bj%C3%B6rn_Waldeg%C3%A5rd_-_2008_Colin_McRae_Forest_Stages_Rally.jpg)

picture 2 (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Bj%C3%B6rn_Waldeg%C3%A5rd_-_2008_Colin_McRae_Forest_Stages_Rally_2.jpg)

Alvaro_Rally
13th April 2009, 23:52
You know in the Spanish Championship, Porsches are winning most events... of course only on tarmac. They are as fast as S2000 and group N cars, even though group N works with 36 mm restrictor.

They are really impressive on hairpins and slow stages... but I think S2000 are much faster and spectacular on fast corners.

Rallyper
15th April 2009, 11:10
I can imagine the best rallydrivers still compete in the main WRC championship in whatever the car will be. Manufacturers of course in the WRC.
And then also competion in one kind of championship the GT: s along with the WRC-cars. I thing the last is very important. That the less skilled drivers still have some kind of championship to compete in with their horsepower stuffed cars.... :) :bounce: :up: :up:

AndiG
15th April 2009, 13:36
Last year in germany at 3 Städte Rally a Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 rally version was tested as 0-car! You can find 2 Videos of this at: http://www.reiter-engineering.de/category/videos/ :eek:

Donney
15th April 2009, 14:33
You know in the Spanish Championship, Porsches are winning most events... of course only on tarmac. They are as fast as S2000 and group N cars, even though group N works with 36 mm restrictor.

They are really impressive on hairpins and slow stages... but I think S2000 are much faster and spectacular on fast corners.

That's true but they are pretty hard to drive that fast, only some skilled drivers can do the trick.

I'm up for the idea, you can count me in. So who's sending the proposal to the FIA? :p