PDA

View Full Version : Grönholm question

teufel
10th April 2009, 14:51
My memory doesn't serve me well, so i need your help: from which rally comes the famous Grönholm-quote about the three gears? My guess is Finland 2004...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qJDDaYQCIM&feature=related
between 2:50 and 3:00

kakus
10th April 2009, 14:57
Yes.
Ouninpohja stage in Rally Finland 2004 (I think)

Helstar
11th April 2009, 05:26
Ahhh charismatic drivers ... where are you now :'

SubaruNorway
11th April 2009, 09:19
Third fastest time i think it was with three gears the whole stage :P

J.Lindstroem
11th April 2009, 10:21
After waching this clip a couple of times i have been starting to think about one thing. Is'nt Timo the one saying the quote in finnish and Grönholm then translates it into English? I am not good at finnish but i know that "kolme" means three and that "corrado" means corrado... ;)

Maybe it does not matter but it is just rather fun if this famous Grönholm quote is not from Grönholöm himself! =)

11th April 2009, 10:38
After waching this clip a couple of times i have been starting to think about one thing. Is'nt Timo the one saying the quote in finnish and Grönholm then translates it into English? I am not good at finnish but i know that "kolme" means three and that "corrado" means corrado... ;)

Maybe it does not matter but it is just rather fun if this famous Grönholm quote is not from Grönholöm himself! =)

Yes, that is right..

Psycho!
11th April 2009, 11:28
Ahhhh,unforgettable moments.........!!!

Doon
11th April 2009, 12:28
I remember that well, we were on the yellow/white house jump, he came flying over and we wondered why he was topping out and not changing gear after the jump! :)

Funny moment from the Bosse, need more of that to liven up these dull as dish water programs on Dave.......Gronholm is far more entertaining than Neil Cole and his 'Comedian' friends, I have never laughed at any of them.....the worst was that kn*b who was in Cyprus.

Larry_Japan
11th April 2009, 14:12
I remember that well, we were on the yellow/white house jump, he came flying over and we wondered why he was topping out and not changing gear after the jump! :)

Funny moment from the Bosse, need more of that to liven up these dull as dish water programs on Dave.......Gronholm is far more entertaining than Neil Cole and his 'Comedian' friends, I have never laughed at any of them.....the worst was that kn*b who was in Cyprus.

...but we can watch all those great moments and quotes any time online. The Dave show had that revealing moment between Bosse and Loeb, which was one of my highlights of the season so far. And its very naive to think its Neil Coles fault theyve got comedian guests - thats Dave trying to increase viewing figures. It is a comedy-heavy channel after all, which also happens to be showcasing WRC. On his own, Neil does a splendid job.

WRCfan
12th April 2009, 06:53
Miss the answers to the stupid questions that woman used to ask!

Untalented commentator: Do you think it's raining?

Marcus: I don't know, I'm not a meterologist....

HAHA

Hartusvuori
14th April 2009, 09:04
Marcus at Ouninpohja with only 3 gears was also the same run when Petter set the stage record and broke the avarage speed of 130 km/h limit and thus organisers had to make changes for Ouninpohja in the coming years. Marcus lost 18,7 seconds to Petter over 33.24 kms - missing the top gear at one of the fastest stage of WRC.

It sure is Timo who tells Marcus to send Corrado the three-gear-note. But if you look at it that way, the other famous Marcus quote "up in the ass of Timo", isn't Timo kind of responsible for that as well :-)

Results OUNINPOHJA 2 - Rally Finland 2004 (http://www.ewrc-results.com/results_main.php?event=57&stage=875&category=&group=&section=)
"Tell Corrado three is enough" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsvJhdiDwYU)
Solberg-Mills Ouninpohja 2 Rally Finland 2004 onboard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLbn4PmGes)

Rallyper
15th April 2009, 11:03
BTW. Talking about funny quotes from famous rallydrivers I think this one of Tommi Makinen (if it is true): "Race was bad but car was good" also is poetry of a tune that has been played over the Radio of YLE Keski-Suomi during the NORF.

I have forgotten who´s the singer but I´m sure it´s a finnish joker. He´s also laughing like Tommi in this song. Very funny. :D :D

playmo
16th April 2009, 16:42
Ah, too bad he's "retired" deffinetely one of the greatest.
That quote about Mikko being equal fast, and the car and colors is great, lol
Bring more of those...