PDA

View Full Version : Is Ross the next Frank?

Firstgear
9th April 2009, 18:59
Ferrari, MacLaren & Williams have all had great success in F1. With all that these three teams have done in the past, most people feel that these are the teams F1 can't afford to lose.

My question is: 20 years from now, will people think the same way of Brawn GP as they do of these three other F1 greats?

Ross has shown he's got what it takes to create and maintain a successful F1 team. If anyone has the talent to create the next F1 dynasty, I would think he might be the guy. I know it's extremely early to be thinking of this sort of thing, but will F1 have four teams that it can't afford to lose in the future?

Sonic
9th April 2009, 19:27
We've had teams we couldn't afford to loose in the past.

Lotus and Brabham spring to mind.

Tazio
9th April 2009, 19:38
Is Ross the next Frank?

Brawn may be the child of an equal or greater god IMHO :s mokin:

wedge
9th April 2009, 23:18
Ferrari, MacLaren & Williams have all had great success in F1. With all that these three teams have done in the past, most people feel that these are the teams F1 can't afford to lose.

My question is: 20 years from now, will people think the same way of Brawn GP as they do of these three other F1 greats?

Ross has shown he's got what it takes to create and maintain a successful F1 team. If anyone has the talent to create the next F1 dynasty, I would think he might be the guy. I know it's extremely early to be thinking of this sort of thing, but will F1 have four teams that it can't afford to lose in the future?

Depends if BGP 'sells out' (outright) to a manufacturer.

If they're still around for the long term then Brawn is no different to Chapman/Lotus, Tyrell, Williams, Dennis/McLaren, Penske, Ganassi.

Racing is in their blood, pure and simple.

Valve Bounce
10th April 2009, 02:05
Ross Brawn has proven himself to be a very cagey race manager, often calling shots which gave SchM crucial advantage to allow him to pass opposition cars and win races. This was evident in Oz when he immediately called bunsen to pit before the SC came out.

On top of this, Honda, with Brawn at the helm, spent the whole of last year developing this years car, and very well too.

My view is that Brawn is smarter than Patrick Head, is cooler under fire, (figuratively), and will continue to win races if the Merc continues to be as good as it has been in races 1 and 2. And if bunsen continues his good form.

markabilly
10th April 2009, 04:50
My view is that Brawn is smarter than Patrick Head, is cooler under fire, (figuratively), and will continue to win races if the Merc continues to be as good as it has been in races 1 and 2. And if bunsen continues his good form.

You forgot his strongest point of all, the best name....TEAM BRAWN

Valve Bounce
10th April 2009, 05:23
You forgot his strongest point of all, the best name....TEAM BRAWN

...........or Brawn, Branson, Bunsen and Barrichello. Sounds like the Barbers' Quartet. :p :

markabilly
10th April 2009, 13:12
...........or Brawn, Branson, Bunsen and Barrichello. Sounds like the Barbers' Quartet. :p :
Music to my ears.....as sweet as the old ferrari V-10 at full song

Got to do something about that sponsor...."Virgin"?? VIRGIN? My money says that ain't no fing VIRGINS to be found anywhere close to those guys (but if they were, they would not stay that way very long:eek :)

AndyL
10th April 2009, 15:29

Or Brawn, Branson, Bunsen from Britain and Barrichello from Brazil with a Benz in the Back

Haven't we been here before ;)

Mark in Oshawa
10th April 2009, 22:16
Or Brawn, Branson, Bunsen from Britain and Barrichello from Brazil with a Benz in the Back

Haven't we been here before ;)

Just call em the "Killer B's"

52Paddy
10th April 2009, 23:47

Kudos to you Andy, I like it :up: :D

Back to the subject at hand: While I believe Ross Brawn has the ability to run a successful F1, as he is currently doing, I don't see any sure signs of a dynasty on the brink just yet.

wmcot
11th April 2009, 08:18

I have nothing against Ross. In fact, I think he has a brilliant mind when it comes to racing. However, let's hope that history doesn't forget that Ferrari, McLaren and Williams were built from scratch over many years and that Brawn GP was bought from Honda for 1 pound.