PDA

View Full Version : The Limit

PSfan
9th April 2009, 05:22
Looks like another possible movie about a moment in F1 history may be in the works:

Tobey Maguire Takes on Formula One
[i]Tobey Maguire’s production company is acquiring the film rights to “The Limit,” Michael Cannell’s upcoming book about the 1961 Formula One season.

Phil Hill That year, Phil Hill battled the German driver Wolfgang von Trips for the world championship. “And in one of racing’s grimmest calamities, Hill’s teammate and rival, Wolfgang von Trips, died in a crash that also killed 13 spectators during the 1961 Grand Prix of Italy. [i]

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/07/tobey-maguire-takes-on-formula-one/

A New F1 based movie, a Robotech movie, seems Tobey is really interested in making me happy, makes one wonder why? :p :

Also what the H E double hockey sticks happened to that "Villeneuve" movie eh? Hope the same thing doesn't happen to "The Limit."

Mark
9th April 2009, 08:17
Is it about the 2 hour limit?

markabilly
10th April 2009, 05:28
Is it about the 2 hour limit?

Dude you been reading too much of my posts or drinkin the kool aid...or both

you are beginning to remind me of Valve Bounce

I will not say what the rookie or starter said about not adding value or whatever...(but with that sense of humor, "I would advise you to stay out of the IRL forum" )

nor say this:

Valve, I am tired of reading stupid and pointless comments by you, stop it right now !

as my pappy used to say, ask not for what you don't want, for you might get it anyway....

P/s--I would love to see a great flick, well made and up the old Grand Prix or LeMans level quality flick of this era......but we might get another rocky does driven

Nikey
11th April 2009, 22:01
I would watch it

Jag_Warrior
12th April 2009, 04:01
Also what the H E double hockey sticks happened to that "Villeneuve" movie eh? Hope the same thing doesn't happen to "The Limit."

Tobey Maguire, eh? Well, he's no John Frankenheimer, but then again, he's no Sylvester Stallone either. So maybe there's hope.

Yeah, the Villeneuve movie, the Senna movie... and I think there was another F1 themed movie concept making the rounds a year or two ago. All of them seem to have been stillborn.

PSfan
13th April 2009, 05:57
The promising thing about this is, if it happens, it should follow Tobey's Robotech movie if that ever happens which means the Tobey should be able to put together some pretty good special effects, providing he gets them done at the same place. (A nostalgic f1 car should be a piece of cake after making a tranformers clone...

And because its a "period" movie, should leave very little for creative interpretation.