PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari fans - is Ross Brawn now the enemy?

wedge
8th April 2009, 12:27
Thoughts?

8th April 2009, 12:34
Thoughts?

He's now a rival....unfortunately. He's not the 'enemy' though.

Tazio
8th April 2009, 12:46
The adversary! :mad: ;)

pino
8th April 2009, 12:53
Enemy ? no way, the target yes ;)

Garry Walker
8th April 2009, 13:26

My feelings too

ioan
8th April 2009, 16:05

:up:

Bagwan
8th April 2009, 16:21
As Ferrari sit with poor results , and BGP run ahead , it's becoming more clear to me that Ross was most likely the key to the success of Michael's dream team .
Perhaps they are only just realizing that , as they didn't seem to listen to Ross when he made his remarks about how the area in which the diffuser lies could be an area that teams would exploit if the rules weren't tightened .
That was a year ago , and had they been listening closely , they might have had the run on the rest as well .
Toyota recognized the opportunity , but Ferrari seem to have missed it , strangely , because they , most of all , should know how cagey a player Brawn can be .

It looks to me like Ferrari are regaining the respect for Ross that they should not have lost , but , I think Ross will always be seen in high regard by the Tifosi , for his hard work for the Scuderia .
They will rue the day they lost him , and never regret the day they hired him .

jens
8th April 2009, 16:57
What was the exact reason for Brawn leaving Ferrari? Did he want the role of team principal (which he eventually got at Honda), but Domenicali was chosen over him? Wonder if Luca di Montezemolo regrets that decision now...

V12
8th April 2009, 17:03
What was the exact reason for Brawn leaving Ferrari? Did he want the role of team principal (which he eventually got at Honda), but Domenicali was chosen over him? Wonder if Luca di Montezemolo regrets that decision now...

I'm sure it had something to do with wanting new challenges and all that - he took a brief sabbatical before joining Honda didn't he? Unless that was all spin and he was leaving for a "promotion" with Honda after a bit of gardening leave all along...

Now of course he couldn't have possibly forseen how the next year or so would have played out with Honda quitting, but the situation he finds himself in - with cars that not only bear his name but also carrying all before them, for the time being at least, well wouldn't we all want that? :cool:

markabilly
8th April 2009, 19:06
As to Ferrari right now, my vote would be neither. Instead
as Plato or Pogo said, "I have met the enemy, and the enemy is us"

Mark in Oshawa
9th April 2009, 00:24
Ferrari should have never let him go....it is clear now he was the dynamo that put those great rides under Schumacher...

mstillhere
9th April 2009, 03:59
Ferrari should have never let him go....it is clear now he was the dynamo that put those great rides under Schumacher...

It's pointless crying over what happened. Brown was great, Todt was great, mechanices were great, and MS was the great. As mentiond earlier Ferrari have met their worse enemy - themselves - and now they are looking ahead.

PS McLaren should also tresure Plato's words

wmcot
9th April 2009, 06:40
As Ferrari sit with poor results , and BGP run ahead , it's becoming more clear to me that Ross was most likely the key to the success of Michael's dream team .

I wouldn't say he was the key, but one of the very important key figures of the Brawn, Byrne, Todt, Schumacher years.

555-04Q2
9th April 2009, 06:43
The enemy? No way, he's now a competitor. He also happens to be one of the nicest and smartest people ever to work in F1. He is the Schumacher of F1 management..no smart arse comments please :p :