PDA

View Full Version : Backhanded slap to the 'nads

call_me_andrew
7th April 2009, 06:39
So I read this article from U.S. News & World Report and I find a part of it to be a bit disturbing.

Did Chrysler engineers set out to build the world's most boring car? Of course not. Yet Chrysler still produces this blandmobile to keep assembly lines running and maintain a presence, however weak, in the sedan market. In the new Darwinian auto industry, this model seems destined for extinction, since the only way to sell marginal cars is with steep discounts, which money-losing automakers can no longer afford. In fact, if Chrysler ends up being carved into pieces and sold to competitors, as many analysts expect, most of its passenger-car lineup could get the axe, since there's little to distinguish it. Besides—what's a sebring, anyway?

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/923/10-Cars-That-Sank-Detroit;_ylc=X3oDMTE4aGI2MDhuBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA 2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNzYW5rLWRldHJvaXQ-

That line can't bode well for ALMS.

Bob Riebe
7th April 2009, 20:52
So I read this article from U.S. News & World Report and I find a part of it to be a bit disturbing.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/923/10-Cars-That-Sank-Detroit;_ylc=X3oDMTE4aGI2MDhuBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA 2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNzYW5rLWRldHJvaXQ-

That line can't bode well for ALMS.
No so called journalists, as a whole, are completely illiterate concerning the automotive world.

ALTHOUGH, Daytona was known because Big Bill France--MADE SURE --it was known; Sebring has always been there for the road-racings faithful.
It is neither better or less well-known now than it ever was.

wbcobrar
15th April 2009, 23:24
Doorknob ignorant reporter , although in his defence the sebring four door , underpowered , boaring , butt ugly car reminds no one one of the classic spring race . Stare at that car for a minuite and you forget what racing is .

wmcot
21st May 2009, 06:12
Doorknob ignorant reporter , although in his defence the sebring four door , underpowered , boaring , butt ugly car reminds no one one of the classic spring race . Stare at that car for a minuite and you forget what racing is .

Well said!!! :)

Jag_Warrior
1st June 2009, 20:13
When the Audi TT was introduced several years ago, Sue Herrera and Michelle Caruso-Cabrera thought that it was some sort of sly reference to women's breasts. :dozey: Sue is actually a very bright lady who has done her time in the pits of financial reporting. Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, on the other hand, is just a life support system for her sweater puppies. Michelle truly puts the air in airhead.

It's fine to be opinionated when you know something of which you speak. But when you don't know, it's usually best to keep quiet. Sue deserves a break - she just doesn't know anything about cars or racing. But Michelle constantly chatters. I believe that's because the producers think it's cute to pull her string and make her talk. Watching her breathe can be rather entertaining (I wonder whose job it is to remind her to do that?). But I prefer that she skip the talking bit. On soooo many issues, she is soooo incredibly clueless. She and Melissa Francis seem to be in a race to the death to see which one can be the Biggest Ditz on CNBC. But at least Melissa Francis had a glorious career as a child actor on Little House on the Prairie. :rolleyes:

Most reporters outside of automotive and racing circles think that every form of racing in the U.S. can be referred to as "NASCAR". :rolleyes: U.S. News & World Report is no different.

Mark in Oshawa
16th June 2009, 15:12
Yup...outside of true race fans, most people don't even know Sebring is a town in Florida, nevermind that there is a race there.