PDA

View Full Version : time to fire Stefano, bring back Schumi?

race_director
6th April 2009, 15:47
I am a ferrari fan for the last 15 odd years. never ever have i seen them so rock bottom. even in the 1997-1998-1999. they tried but failed. But what i see now days is shameful from them. I feel like not watching the race now days.

The biggest joke in the history of F1 was KIMI sent on full wets . when the track was red hot.

I think its time to fire Stefano and put micheal in charge of the team from next race itself.

big_sw2000
6th April 2009, 15:52
I am a ferrari fan for the last 15 odd years. never ever have i seen them so rock bottom. even in the 1997-1998-1999. they tried but failed. But what i see now days is shameful from them. I feel like not watching the race now days.

The biggest joke in the history of F1 was KIMI sent on full wets . when the track was red hot.

I think its time to fire Stefano and put micheal in charge of the team from next race itself.
I think you may find somewhere, that Schumacher has admitted to make the mistake with the tyres.
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090406093630.shtml

555-04Q2
6th April 2009, 15:54
Hey there race,

Not sure Schumi is the answer to Ferrari's problems. He is a great adviser to Massa and has helped improve Massa's driving/temperament tremendously over the last two seasons, however, I dont think he is the answer to their management problems. I think we are finding out just how good the RB and JT combination were, especially with Schumi and Rubens at the wheel of the Ferrari's.

race_director
6th April 2009, 15:54
I think you may find somewhere, that Schumacher has admitted to make the mistake with the tyres.

i am considering all the problems ferrari has had for the last 1 year . i think Stefano is not upto the mark. he should go

555-04Q2
6th April 2009, 15:56

I dont see him admitting anything in the article :?:

ioan
6th April 2009, 16:18

Where did Schumacher admit that?! Care to point it out in that article?

ioan
6th April 2009, 16:19

That's because it's made up by the German press from Bild.

ioan
6th April 2009, 16:20
i am considering all the problems ferrari has had for the last 1 year . i think Stefano is not upto the mark. he should go

I also have lot's of doubts about Domenicali's potential as a team boss, but Michael isn't ready and doesn't want to be a team boss.

PolePosition_1
6th April 2009, 16:24

SD has been good for Ferrari. Their dominance was next going to be never ending. He's overseen the team in the transissional phase, winning a constructors title in his first year in charge.

He's also alined Ferrari with the other teams, making FOTA a much greater force within F1 and its structure, and to be fair FOTA have done a very good job so far.

Who makes the strategy decisions anyhow? I doubt it would have been SD's call?

big_sw2000
6th April 2009, 16:32
Must say sorry, i kind of wrote that in a rush, and it came out compleatly wrong. Not wishing to put down my faviout F1 driver. :grenade:

Bagwan
6th April 2009, 17:58
Of course it was Michael's fault .

I hear he loaned Kimi those shorts , making him look foolish while eating his ice cream . He lied about them looking cool , and then turned around , and grinned and winked at Felipe , who I hear from inside sources , was very angry at not seeing , because his visor was too dark .

Felipe later denied this , and blamed it on the weather , but the scandal went crazy from then on , with Schumacher officially being sent packing , suspended , in utter disgrace , to Aruba , to the reclining beach chair beside Patsy Ryan .

That's just what I heard .

schmenke
6th April 2009, 18:04
Get your facts straight Baggy!
It was Tahiti, not Aruba.

Bagwan
6th April 2009, 18:14
Get your facts straight Baggy!
It was Tahiti, not Aruba.

Damn , Schmenke , they didn't want everyone to know that !

Now , since I am now exposed in a lie , even though my team principles led me to knowingly follow orders and do so , I fear that I must go sit on that recliner , with those other scabrous dogs .
Except now we'll be moving the party , uh , I mean , penalty somewhere else I will now fail to mention , as I have been directed , as a lie of omission is not really lying .

DexDexter
6th April 2009, 18:26
SD has been good for Ferrari. Their dominance was next going to be never ending. He's overseen the team in the transissional phase, winning a constructors title in his first year in charge.

He's also alined Ferrari with the other teams, making FOTA a much greater force within F1 and its structure, and to be fair FOTA have done a very good job so far.

When Domenicali took the helms of the team they had a very good organisation and working morale, it was bound to carry the team for a while but not anymore. The rules stayed quite the same for a long time since Brawn left the team so it's not a surprise they stayed on top for a while. Now there are new rules and new technology. The real weaknesses of an organisation are more apparent when there are big changes in rules. A good example of that is Prost/Ligier team of late 90's, they got a Brawn designed chassis in 1995 and were quite competitive for a number of years, modifying the car each year, but in 1998 there were major changes to the rules and they were absolutely nowhere and went bust.

ioan
6th April 2009, 18:55
When Domenicali took the helms of the team they had a very good organisation and working morale, it was bound to carry the team for a while but not anymore. The rules stayed quite the same for a long time since Brawn left the team so it's not a surprise they stayed on top for a while. Now there are new rules and new technology. The real weaknesses of an organisation are more apparent when there are big changes in rules. A good example of that is Prost/Ligier team of late 90's, they got a Brawn designed chassis in 1995 and were quite competitive for a number of years, modifying the car each year, but in 1998 there were major changes to the rules and they were absolutely nowhere and went bust.

There was and there is no such thing as a Brawn designed chassis.

DexDexter
6th April 2009, 19:27
There was and there is no such thing as a Brawn designed chassis.

Let me correct, I meant Rory Byrne designed chassis, with Brawn organising things. Edit: Brawn was the technical director at Benetton between 1991-1996 while Byrne was the designer at the same time. Brawn surely had input to those cars and the Ligier of 95 was a direct copy of the Benetton through Briatore's ownership of the team.

6th April 2009, 19:56
When Domenicali took the helms of the team they had a very good organisation and working morale, it was bound to carry the team for a while but not anymore.

It's called an "Inheritance"....and Stefano has frittered it away. But that's generally what happens.

The legacy of the Todt/Brawn/Byrne/Schumacher team has been forgotten...and the legacy wasn't "build from within" anyway...it was "pay the best money to the best people".

There is no spine to the team anymore. Domenicali, Baldisseri, Costa....they are all trainees, they have watched and supposedly learnt....but you don't learn genius!

Then there is no figurehead in the car either, no one to inspire the team from out on the track. Quite the opposite, in fact.

dj_bytedisaster
6th April 2009, 20:05
Where did Schumacher admit that?! Care to point it out in that article?

Schumacher admitted that in an interview for german broadcaster RTL during the "race stopped" period. He said "We had nothing to loose and gambled, but we lost.

And before you kill me Ioan, if it was for me, he would take over the team not only as "ze bik boss" but also return as a driver, because he could do better than Kimmi any time - because Kimmi obviously cannot be arsed anymore

ioan
6th April 2009, 21:33
Schumacher admitted that in an interview for german broadcaster RTL during the "race stopped" period. He said "We had nothing to loose and gambled, but we lost.

And before you kill me Ioan, if it was for me, he would take over the team not only as "ze bik boss" but also return as a driver, because he could do better than Kimmi any time - because Kimmi obviously cannot be arsed anymore

Since when does "We" mean "I"? Even in German "Wir" ist nicht "Ich"!

I know what he told RTL and that he explained and defended the team's choice (because he's a team player), but from there to saying that he was to blame for the strategy blunders a lot of bias, hate and fantasy is needed.

As a driver he was still excellent last season when he tested, and he looks fit and in great shape even now, and I would love to see him wrestle the F60 around during a race, cause I'm pretty sure that the car is better than what we saw in these 2 first races. However the team on the pit wall is totally lost in transition.

Massa was running 3rd in Oz and they put him on a 3 stop strategy for whatever stupid reason.
Kimi was running 4th in Sepang and they sent him out with full wets on a bone dry track 4 laps to early!

If things go like this in China than Luca Baldisserri should get the boot and Stefano Domenicali needs to be man enough to do it in order to get some much need respect back.

veeten
6th April 2009, 21:40
The real question is...

Even if they do fire Baldisserri, who can you replace him with?

The list is not that large when it comes capable, if not available, applicants. Most of which are either busy with their own teams (Brawn, Briatore... etc.), or have left the sport for other ventures.

An internal search will only set the entire team back at least 3 seasons, when they will possibly have Alonso and possibly another young driving prospect to build around.

ioan
6th April 2009, 22:32
They certainly have a back-up solution for such situations, hopefully it's someone with better nerves than Baldisserri.

airshifter
7th April 2009, 00:44
It's called an "Inheritance"....and Stefano has frittered it away. But that's generally what happens.

The legacy of the Todt/Brawn/Byrne/Schumacher team has been forgotten...and the legacy wasn't "build from within" anyway...it was "pay the best money to the best people".

There is no spine to the team anymore. Domenicali, Baldisseri, Costa....they are all trainees, they have watched and supposedly learnt....but you don't learn genius!

Then there is no figurehead in the car either, no one to inspire the team from out on the track. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I haven't forgotten that legacy. In fact as they put Kimi on full wets I found myself longing for it's return. And I completely agree that having MS in the car inspired the team even further.

N. Jones
7th April 2009, 02:18

I don't think Michael wants to run a team and while I would guess Ferrari would be his first choice there have been a few teams that could have used his cash and expertise.

Valve Bounce
7th April 2009, 03:26
There really is only one answer: Brawn + Todt. Whether they can get either guy is open to conjecture, but the guy who says there is Hope : like Bob and No would be closest.

jso1985
7th April 2009, 03:59
And what makes some of you think Schumacher would be the magical solution to Ferrari's problems?

Great driver he certainly was but that doesn't mean he's gonna be a great team-boss, Niki Lauda and Alain Prost ring any bell to you?

wmcot
7th April 2009, 07:57
I hear Dave Ryan might be available...or was that a lie? :)

ArrowsFA1
7th April 2009, 08:10
There is no spine to the team anymore...
The football analogy is a good one :up: and as you say it is generally what happens when the best teams "break-up" and change.

Whatever the sport, teams simply do not remain at the very top forever. Changes at Ferrari were always going to affect them. It was inevitable. However, Ferrari haven't stopped winning. They won both titles in 2007 and the WCC in 2008, this after losing out to Renault the previous two years so they shouldn't be written off.

Rollo
7th April 2009, 08:16

We could mean I in a self-effacing sort of way. The "royal we" is almost exclusively an I except when Her Maj actually means we, in which case we might be very small or extend to the nation.
That doesn't change either in English or German.

As far as team principal goes, I don't really know who else the Scuderia have at their disposal. It's all very well to start baying for blood but unless there's someone who you could replace him with, it's only a short hop to being directionless.

Domenicali hasn't done too badly, given that he's lost a seven times world champion and that the chap he replaced is now heading his own team and kicking butt and taking names.
Even then he's scored 3 out of 4 possible titles available under his command.

Two races does not a season make.

DexDexter
8th April 2009, 09:01
We could mean I in a self-effacing sort of way. The "royal we" is almost exclusively an I except when Her Maj actually means we, in which case we might be very small or extend to the nation.
That doesn't change either in English or German.

As far as team principal goes, I don't really know who else the Scuderia have at their disposal. It's all very well to start baying for blood but unless there's someone who you could replace him with, it's only a short hop to being directionless.

Domenicali hasn't done too badly, given that he's lost a seven times world champion and that the chap he replaced is now heading his own team and kicking butt and taking names.
Even then he's scored 3 out of 4 possible titles available under his command.

Two races does not a season make.

Domenicali's record looks good cause he took the helms of a working team, a car is not going to get bad overnight. It seems that reliability problems started to increase even in his first year, so quality control was not what it was before, and now they've had two mechanical failures out of possible 4. It's starting to resemble the parent company FIAT more and more, always at the bottom of reliability studies...

PolePosition_1
8th April 2009, 13:25

According to German reports, it was Schumacher himself who made the call to pit Kimi early.

When questioned, SD denied to confirm or deny whether or not he made the call.

SGWilko
8th April 2009, 13:54

Ich Bin Ein Berlinner

Can't remember if that is 'I am a Doughnut or Hamburger.....'

SGWilko
8th April 2009, 13:56
(because he's a team player)

Think about that statement....

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....bonk.

ioan
8th April 2009, 16:08
Think about that statement....

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....bonk.

I hope you didn't hurt yourself! :laugh: