View Full Version : He's at it again!

Giuseppe F1
6th April 2009, 14:31
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090406144247.shtml

Mosley reveals plans for FIA 'world engine'
One basic design for Formula One, WRC and Formula Two
06/04/09 14:42

It remains to be seen if FOTA will embrace the idea
Max Mosley has revealed plans for a "world engine" that in 2013 would be capable of powering FIA categories including Formula One, World Rally Championship and Formula Two.

On a visit last weekend to the rally of Portugal he said: "It would work in turbocharged form for F1 and then all the way down to naturally aspirated form for the lesser categories and in a turbocharged or naturally aspirated form for the World Rally Championship."

The FIA President said the planning phase of the project is in its ‘very early days’, with the car manufacturers to be involved.

In the case of F1, he said ‘peripheral areas’ of the engine will be open for development, including KERS and other energy recovery systems to be introduced.
Click here to find out more!

Asked for further information, he said energy could be collected not only from braking heat as at present, but "from exhausts and even from the cooling system."

Referring to the universal FIA engine, he added: "If we can - and I'm not sure we can - find a way of combining all forms of motor sport in that system then this would be useful because of the huge sums spent on motor sport."

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Giuseppe F1
6th April 2009, 14:36
Ive been following the Indycar engine 'roundtable' meetings over the past 9 or so months where it looks the new era of Indycar engines will be a variable flat4 or v6 format with Honda, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Alfa Romeo all seemingly still interesting in being part of the new Indycar series from 2011/2012.

I recall in a related article that Ulrich Baretzky, one of the top, top honchos at motorsport/engine development for both Audi and Volkswagen spoke of this very subject....his dream of a 'multi' engine which could be used in F3, LMP, Indycar and even F1 relying on a variable Turbo/NA format which allows the engine to pump out c.200HP in NA mode for say F3 (and badges as VWs) and they wacked up into full Turbo mode to pump out c.700/800HP and badged as Audis for LMP and or Indycar/F1.

Not sure how this would work for Rally spec engines too however for arent they heavily based on road-car engines, especially with the new S2000 regs?

Bagwan
6th April 2009, 14:36
And , make the whole thing out of hemp .

Giuseppe F1
6th April 2009, 14:38
And , make the whole thing out of hemp .

I think Max needs to pay another visit to the dungeon!

Rollo
6th April 2009, 14:46
I'm invoking Godwin's Law:

Are Bernie and or Max like Hitler in that as they become increasingly detached from reality, they're inventing more and more outlandish and bizarre schemes? Hitler towards the end of his life was ordering around military units that didn't actually exist.

What happens say in 2013 when the F1 circus according to the regulations will actually be the World Powertool Racing Championships. Will people still complain when McLaren fit their racing belt-sanders with 1200 instead of 1600 grit? What happens if the chuck guard for Brawn's Dremel is found to be 14mm over the limit?

Joking aside, I fail to see even what sort of political capital can be gained from this. What is actualy hoped to be acheived by this? Putting everyone offside and causing all of the teams to up sticks and leave?

This idea is on the express train to oblivion and it can't even afford the diesel to get there.

Giuseppe F1
6th April 2009, 14:55
What happens say in 2013 when the F1 circus according to the regulations will actually be the World Powertool Racing Championships. Will people still complain when McLaren fit their racing belt-sanders with 1200 instead of 1600 grit? What happens if the chuck guard for Brawn's Dremel is found to be 14mm over the limit?

LMAO!!! :) :) :)

Giuseppe F1
6th April 2009, 14:55
This idea is on the express train to oblivion and it can't even afford the diesel to get there.

Turbo diesel or NA? :)

cosmicpanda
6th April 2009, 14:59
As long as F1 is more powerful than the rest, I don't really care.

Bagwan
6th April 2009, 15:05
Hemp , I tell ya .
Forget this one engine for the good of humanity idea .

Make the whole damn thing out of hemp .

Down with carbon fibre !

RJL25
6th April 2009, 15:36
hang on, does this mean one engine supplier for everything? or does it mean one set of technical regulations? For example Audi and Ford and Mercedes and BMW etc can all develop their own version of the "FIA spec engine" and then use it in whatever catagory they like? Because if so it would open up a lot more opportunites for new entries into each catagory.. for example if BMW where in F1 with the engine, then they decided they wanted to go rallying, it would be easy for them to move into the WRC because they already have an engine going...

555-04Q2
6th April 2009, 15:42
WTF is going on with F1 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

V12
6th April 2009, 16:11
Hmm...while I like Baretsky (sp?)'s idea of manufacturers/engine builders being able to create engines that can compete across a number of categories (saving costs while boosting variety), I have a horrible, horrible feeling that Max will probably take this idea and completely nuke it with a collection of "standard parts" if not standardising the whole bloody thing.

jens
6th April 2009, 19:54
Huh, same engine for F1 and WRC?
Soon they will be racing with the same cars both in F1 and WRC just to cut costs. :p : I don't dare to think, how many wings will be lost on gravel. ;)

UltimateDanGTR
6th April 2009, 20:06
If this means 1 engine supplier then it will be a bit of a downer.

however-the I noticed the word turbocharged for the F1 versions. Now that sounds tasty......

dj_bytedisaster
6th April 2009, 20:13
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090406144247.shtml

Mosley reveals plans for FIA 'world engine'
One basic design for Formula One, WRC and Formula Two
06/04/09 14:42

It remains to be seen if FOTA will embrace the idea
Max Mosley has revealed plans for a "world engine" that in 2013 would be capable of powering FIA categories including Formula One, World Rally Championship and Formula Two.

On a visit last weekend to the rally of Portugal he said: "It would work in turbocharged form for F1 and then all the way down to naturally aspirated form for the lesser categories and in a turbocharged or naturally aspirated form for the World Rally Championship."

The FIA President said the planning phase of the project is in its ‘very early days’, with the car manufacturers to be involved.

In the case of F1, he said ‘peripheral areas’ of the engine will be open for development, including KERS and other energy recovery systems to be introduced.
Click here to find out more!

Asked for further information, he said energy could be collected not only from braking heat as at present, but "from exhausts and even from the cooling system."

Referring to the universal FIA engine, he added: "If we can - and I'm not sure we can - find a way of combining all forms of motor sport in that system then this would be useful because of the huge sums spent on motor sport."

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Max, go back to have your wrinkled backside spanked by hookers and shout Nazi orders in smattering german, thats obviously you have more of a clue about than racing. Just stay out of our way you blithering idiot. :mad: