PDA

View Full Version : Bourdais - does he suffer of amnesia?

ioan
5th April 2009, 21:03
He was complaining on the radio that the condition were impossible and the race should be stopped, and so it was stopped.

Given this I'm a bit amazed by his post race comments:

"Then the rain really came and I had to come in again for extremes and after that, the race was stopped. It was a shame, as it seemed we were pretty competitive in these very changeable conditions.

"I would have liked to restart, as it might have been an opportunity to pick up points, even if only half-points."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74300

:confused:
Not sure if he suffers of amnesia or got double personality, but for me it's laughable to see how he changed his opinion after the race.

markabilly
5th April 2009, 21:10
Smart man, talks much tougher once the danger is gone....

F1boat
5th April 2009, 21:24
Never liked him, never will.

RJL25
5th April 2009, 21:52
I think this is a bit out of context, he definetly wanted the race to be stopped when it happened, what he was saying is that it was a shame that it had to come to that, ie its a shame it rained that hard, because clearly the red bulls and therefore i guess the toro rosso's too where rocket ships in the wet.

He was well positioned so from a race perspective it would have been good for him to keep going, thats all he was saying, but he wasn't saying the race shouldn't have been stopped, just that it was a shame that the conditions forced it to be

nigelred5
5th April 2009, 22:00

x2. whaaa whaaa whaaaa.

tintop
5th April 2009, 22:02
He's probably on a bit of a high right now, given that he has more points than the entire Scuderia legacy team. :s mokin:

Move along people, nothing to see here... there were plenty of drivers lamenting the conditions.

veeten
5th April 2009, 22:14
No, more of a simple case of 'buyer's remorse'. You got what you wanted, and only later see the 'would'a, could'a, should'a' of the situation, which in his hindsight saw another possible points-paying finish.

Oh well...

leopard
6th April 2009, 07:49
Bourdais has perfect weekend outpacing Buemi, opportunity he might score point bigger and rarely happens, that statement is understood to recognize him as being valid or having force or power.

Big Ben
6th April 2009, 08:59

let's found a club :laugh:

pino
6th April 2009, 09:02

Same here :p :

Kazan
6th April 2009, 09:07

I think this all suing to be rather stupid. It was obvious the race had to be red-flagged. All drivers agreed to that. A second matter is whether it could not have been given a second heat, and Mark Webber did his job asking around… To that point, appreciations among drivers differed (Kimi even parking his car into the pits), the final point being the 2 hours limit.

I am evil Homer
6th April 2009, 09:08
As DC mentioned in his analysis SeaBass is the only driver who wears glasses and so while others had misting visors he had double the issues asboth his glasses and visor would be misting up!

cynisca
6th April 2009, 16:28
Bourdais's thoughts were wash out by the monsoon. :p

tintop
6th April 2009, 17:07
I think this all suing to be rather stupid. It was obvious the race had to be red-flagged. All drivers agreed to that. A second matter is whether it could not have been given a second heat, and Mark Webber did his job asking around… To that point, appreciations among drivers differed (Kimi even parking his car into the pits), the final point being the 2 hours limit.

Of course this is the reasonable answer to an obviously poorly conceived post intended only to provoke. :p

callum122
6th April 2009, 17:38
Stop complaining Bourdais, toughen up! Time for a driver to sport a moustache.