PDA

View Full Version : Baby of race

markabilly
5th April 2009, 20:51
Well there were donkeys, and drivers, and rating, so how about "baby of the race"

might want to watch and listen before it gets yanked, but a great example of team leadership for those who missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrQhP-HuZNA

ioan
5th April 2009, 20:55
:laugh: Yeah it was quite funny to hear it live.

blito
5th April 2009, 21:18
stay cool baby

rofl what an odd thing for one grown man to say to another

whatever next?

SGWilko
5th April 2009, 21:20
stay cool baby

whatever next?

Let me guess, a 'white viser' is the lolly pop Kimi was going for, and Massa wanted to get it before him.... ;)

Kimi had to make do with a Magnum.... :laugh:

gloomyDAY
5th April 2009, 21:42
Sounded as if Felipe was panic stricken!

http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_strategies/images/2007/06/13/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Tazio
5th April 2009, 21:57
bfd

markabilly
6th April 2009, 01:13
bfd
In a way I would agree, but it seems to me that it indicates a driver who seems to have lost much faith in the ability of his pit crew to even manage to get him a clear visior (or given expected conditions, not to have put it on his helmet at the very start of the race), when the race is clearly stopped for a little while, let alone get him on the right set of tires or other matters of a more complex matter, while Kimi is on his second bar of ice cream...........

In the old days, you would not have seen MS sucking on ice cream while his team was still working in the rain and you would not have seen MS panicking because he needed a visor.....................

Mac's problems are much more simpler......all they got to do is fix the car, and tell Lewis to quit lieing, as per below....

dj_bytedisaster
6th April 2009, 01:18
stay cool baby

whatever next?

Who knows, maybe there's some cuddling going on tonight in the Ferrari camp :laugh:

Tazio
6th April 2009, 03:11
Massa is very emotional by nature.
To imply this was a sign of immaturity is a very weakly supported argument.
What a pack of trolls :down:

dj_bytedisaster
6th April 2009, 03:34
*facepalm*

Tazio, you might have missed the point, that people are joking around here. Goodness me

markabilly
6th April 2009, 03:35
Massa is very emotional by nature.
To imply this was a sign of immaturity is a very weakly supported argument.
What a pack of trolls :down:
What a personal attack, sounds very emotional to me, taz, guess there will be asome payback on the thread where pino does not pat-troll.....but I was not the one who called him a "baby"...it was his team.....

Like I said, I sort of understood his frustration and outcry....especially when the Q3 comes to a close and your engine is cold and many less worthy are now moving onto Q2............ :( or the team tells you to leave the pit box and the hose is till attached, costing his 2008 WDC crown.....

markabilly
6th April 2009, 03:41
Just had a little walk around the google results for "felipe baby stay cool" - it's all over the interweb. Smedley and Baby M. might have produced one of them epic moments :laugh:

More likely, like-mided Nerds are trying to make something out of nothing!
Oh yeah, just wait......
:arrows: saving it up and giving it careful thought

or just people laughing at a funny moment and about a fan who gets touchy over a non-existant problem :laugh:

If you can not see and you have good reason to beleive the team is not gonna fix it.....hardly a non-existant problem.....

Tazio
6th April 2009, 04:46
but I was not the one who called him a "baby"...it was his team..... Check the radio transmission again! His team did not refer to him as a baby!
Sniping posters on this thread did! :dozey: Trivial, and pathetic! :down:
Referring to someone with the moniker baby is a term of endearment among friends and acquaintances.

I'm out of here chief!
BTW--Not a derogatory comment about a Native Americans. Capice?
:rotflmao:

dj_bytedisaster
6th April 2009, 05:54
Check the radio transmission again! His team did not refer to him as a baby!
Referring to someone with the moniker baby is a term of endearment among friends and acquaintances.

I'm out of here chief!

You just achieved something amazing, you made yourself look like Berk :eek: Nobody intended to be derrogatory or sniping at Felipe. The whole thread is a lighthearted humour thing and people are amused by Smedley's comment, nothing else. Nobody tries to belittle Massa's achievements. You just come in make yourself look ridiculous and storm off in a hissy fit. *massive facepalm*

pino
6th April 2009, 06:01
Check the radio transmission again! His team did not refer to him as a baby!

I'm out of here chief!

Calm down and quit the insults, rules apply for you too...

Tazio
6th April 2009, 06:25
The whole thread is a lighthearted humour thing and people are amused by Smedley's comment, nothing else. Nobody tries to belittle Massa's achievements. That's not how I read this . You've fallen fool to the sophomoric tabloid press!
It's all over the interweb Smedley and Baby M.
Derogatory, and a put down! you may be German But I doubt if you would ever be confused with Albert Schweitzer :dozey:

dj_bytedisaster
6th April 2009, 06:29
That's not how I read this
Derogatory, and a put down! you may be German But I doubt if you would ever be confused with Albert Schweitzer :dozey:

Jeez, Tazio. And they say we Germans have no sense of humour. That was a joke. I'll point that out more explicitely for you next time.

555-04Q2
6th April 2009, 06:33
C'mon guys, I am a stern Massa supporter and even I had a good laugh about it. My wife even commented that he sounded a bit.....iffy :p : Taz, baby, you need to chill a bit mon :)

Roamy
6th April 2009, 07:27
Sounded as if Felipe was panic stricken!

http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_strategies/images/2007/06/13/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Don't let this reproduce !

Dzeidzei
6th April 2009, 07:57
Jeez, Tazio. And they say we Germans have no sense of humour. That was a joke. I'll point that out more explicitely for you next time.

Hey dj, that outburst was quite racist from Taz. He KNOWS you Germans have no sense of humor, ergo you were not telling the joke.

Isnt that racist?

Lighten up, people. Its only racing :)

PS. I know one German who has a great sense of humor, so to say Germans have no sense of humor, is simply evil. And this guys name is Heinz. You have to love a guy who gets his name from a ketchup. I guess his parents had some sense of humor too, and that makes 3 Germans in total.

dj_bytedisaster
6th April 2009, 08:41
PS. I know one German who has a great sense of humor, so to say Germans have no sense of humor, is simply evil. And this guys name is Heinz. You have to love a guy who gets his name from a ketchup. I guess his parents had some sense of humor too, and that makes 3 Germans in total.

I think you might have mixed something up there ;) Heinz is an ages old german name, the Ketchup certainly isn't the source :laugh:
But on the other hand, yes we germans have a sense of humour but we're hopeless at showing it ;)

AJP
6th April 2009, 08:44
Like something out of spinal tap :)

ioan
6th April 2009, 09:34

I think it's rather the Ketchup that got his name. ;)

Dzeidzei
6th April 2009, 09:48
I think you might have mixed something up there ;) Heinz is an ages old german name, the Ketchup certainly isn't the source :laugh:

I know that Heinz is an old German name, but maybe his parents just liked the ketchup a lot. You never know...

:)

V12
6th April 2009, 10:22
Good to see a bit of emotion from Felipe, shows that some of the drivers are human after all :)

Must admit I had a bit of a giggle to myself over it though despite him being probably my 2nd fav. driver on the grid at the minute. My gf was watching it with me and she was just like "Awwwwww bless him" :laugh:

markabilly
6th April 2009, 11:23
That's not how I read this . You've fallen fool to the sophomoric tabloid press!
don't worry the video has been removed due to copyright infringment by "Formula One Management"
I might quote what the team told Massa as to you, but no point in rubbing salt into the wound.
I can feel your pain about what is happening to team red..... :(

MrJan
6th April 2009, 12:05
I thought it was really funny, especially as so many Massa fans have slated Hamilton for being hot-headed. Completely true though, there was no need for Felipe to be whinging quite so much.

Knock-on
6th April 2009, 12:11
Made me laugh when Rob said it. It sounded to me like a white man trying to be black :laugh:

Rob knows haw to handle Massa so if he thinks this sort of humour works, then I'm sure it does.

Very funny though :D