PDA

View Full Version : Rate the race (II)

Sonic
5th April 2009, 19:30
I've found my niche on this forum. Same as before, scores out of ten for the race and any other teams/drivers you feel worthy of note.

Race 8/10 - Great fun but whilst the rain made it. It also ruined it. Bit of an anti-climax.

Bernie Ecclestone - 0/10 - Prat who decided to run a GP in a region well known for late afternoon storms!

Jenson Button 10/10 - Say no more (and I don't even like the guy).

Nico Rosberg 9/10 - Seems to be finding his feet nicely. 0.5 points is poor reward.

Ferrari 1/10 - They get a point for making me laugh harder than I've ever done in my life but otherwsie they look all at sea.

F1boat
5th April 2009, 19:32
6/10 - Good race, but too chaotic.

christophulus
5th April 2009, 19:56
Sonic - can't argue with any of that :up:

markabilly
5th April 2009, 20:05
Kimi- Gets an ice cream bar

ioan
5th April 2009, 21:19
In one word: SHORT!

driveace
5th April 2009, 21:24
I will give it 5 and a HALF,never seen as many pit stops in so few a laps before !Buttons that happy he would pay to drive that Brawn!!!!
SO stop paying him Ross !

Tazio
5th April 2009, 22:14
Compared to the way it could have been if run at an acceptable time!

Sucked Nads :down:

jens
6th April 2009, 18:37
For the battle between Alonso and Webber I would give 12 out of 10. It's difficult to really remember as fantastic on-track battle as that. Just how many times did they repass each other? Webber with faster car had an advantage everywhere except when Alonso pushed his KERS-button and blasted past. The cars and racing of 2009 is really top-notch! :up: :)

ioan
6th April 2009, 19:03
It's difficult to really remember as fantastic on-track battle as that. Just how many times did they repass each other?

Twice.

Sonic
6th April 2009, 19:52
Twice.

Joy kill!

I enjoyed Button's pass on Alonso at the penultimate turn - I bet Fernando was well stunned to see any car sail past him there!

stevie_gerrard
7th April 2009, 09:52
Race 6/10 Can't really give it too much more after we only saw half a race. Had we had the full race, it would certainly have been high. We saw some great action in the opening stages.

Webber vs Alonso: 10/10 This is what f1 is all about, these two fought it out for half a lap round the circuit, swapping positions like no-one wanted it. Great racing :up:

Kimi Raikkonen: 2/10 I added a point for the fact he chose to go and put his shorts on after the race and eat an ice cream like they were still in Australia :p : Had a shocking race otherwise considering he probably looked more likely to score points this weekend than Massa did.

Ari
7th April 2009, 09:55
In one word: SHORT!

Short... yes. However it had more action and more overtaking than just about any Grand Prix last year.

It was entertaining, but for all the wrong reasons.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th April 2009, 10:00
Not only was it Webber and Alonso having a great battle but Webber and Hamilton too.

We saw more passes in this 1/2 race than we have seen in all the last 3 seasons combined.

Valve Bounce
7th April 2009, 10:01
I missed it - forgot about winding the clock back an hour after daylight savings. Also, busy celebrating great win by The Bombers.

ShiftingGears
7th April 2009, 10:03
It was pretty good, the end was disappointing though. Really hope Webber manages to get a win this season.

Knock-on
7th April 2009, 13:41
FIA 8/10 - The new rules have really helped make the racing more exciting and opened things up for the better drivers to have more influence. It would have been 10/10 if they had not let that idiot move the start time. :(

Button 10/10 - Great performance after getting a dreadfull start. It seems to be a problem with the car as Rubens had it last week though. Get it sorted boys.

Racing 9/10 - Great ontrack action and am just annoyed we were denied the full race.

Rosberg 8/10 - Superb again but was cut off before the end.

Toyoto 9/10 - Both drivers right up there and individually good as well.

Lewis 9/10 - Another storming drive up the field with a lot on his mind and was in 5th when the race was prematurley stopped. Less of the crap and more racing please Lewis.

Ferrari 1/10 - Looked like a bunch of monkeys from qualifying onwards. The car is the fastest non-diffuser and should have a good ruck of points by now.

Sonic
7th April 2009, 16:43
Faster than the Red Bull??? Not sure about that.