PDA

View Full Version : Is this an April fools joke ?

Tazio
2nd April 2009, 11:14
In a PaddockTalk Exclusive, we are able to report that IndyCar and Sports Illustrated swimsuit pinup superstar Danica Patrick will be taking her show to a worldwide audience starting in 2010 as the 26-year old beckons to become the first female race winner in Formula 1 history.

We have confirmed that at noon today – April 1st, Patrick will be officially meeting personally with new Formula 1 technical boss Ken Anderson of the USGPE (formerly USF1) at the Charlotte, North Carolina temporary offices and signing a multi-year multi-million dollar deal

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=105649&newlang=&topic=8&catid=17

woody2goody
2nd April 2009, 11:33
Looks like it.

ShiftingGears
3rd April 2009, 04:51
I refuse to believe it as anything else.

markabilly
3rd April 2009, 04:55
After the latest Hamilton "whatever" and then given how desperate those losers like DP are in the IRL, sounds very true to me. Wonder what, if anything, she will be wearing for the photo op.....

Seems I ain't the only who thinks that she might really attract some admirers with the "right uniform"

from the article:
"Clearly, Danica Patrick is not one to shy away from a bit of controversy, nor will USGPE shy away. Our agency is thinking of something along the lines of PETA’s Superbowl ad, though it never made it to the telly, it has reached millions of people.”

We found it surprising Windsor should mention PETA, especially considering Formula 1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone’s daughter Tamara posed naked in a recent anti-fur campaign, and the boss has been rumored to be in the background of the fledgling team..."

I tried to tell you guys, but all of you thought I was too irrational to be beleived.....poor old TG must be really be pe'd off and worried...........I wonder if she will wear a heLmet?

PSfan
3rd April 2009, 06:20
Any article that insists on having "April 1st" in the story instead of just a time stamp is most likely an april fools waste of time story. Considering a recent thread on the IRL side of things has pointed out that DP didn't even make the short list for USGPE, then its a safe bet unless the romured 2nd american team wants her, she ain't coming to F1 in 2010 (now watch her prove me wrong... :p )

Now the real shame is, I think with Kers, and the new emphasis on small/tiny drivers she might have had a chance. From what I understand, she showed some talent in carts and the atlantics, so its a shame that Rahal dragged her into the IRL (No offense intended regarding the IRL, just if she had talent racing go-karts, Indy Racing League cars are as far from go-karts you can get and still be open wheel racing...) I think F1 cars, specially the current onse would have played to her skills/talents/assets. But years of roundy round racing in those tanks have rusted/numbed any real racing skilles she might have had...