PDA

View Full Version : The Police are back!!!

gofastandwynn
12th February 2007, 20:59
It was announced that the tour will begin on May 28th in Vancouver, Canada, and will continue in Canada and the US through early august. The tour will then proceed to Europe in the fall, and will come back to North America at the end of October. Following that, the tour will move onto the rest of the world, with dates scheduled in South America, Japan, and New Zealand. Standard tickets will cost a little under $100 USD per ticket, with higher-priced tickets costing from $220 USD to $290 USD. Best Buy "Reward Zone" members will have early access to tickets through the Best Buy website. TicketMaster already has some North American dates listed, with presales starting on 02/13/2007. Also announced, the group will be headlining the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee, USA on June 16th.

These guys are my favorite band of all time. I never thought this day would come and I am just so psyched.

http://www.thepolicetour.com

schmenke
12th February 2007, 22:36
Carl will be happy :)

vanillagirl85
12th February 2007, 22:51
ROXANNE

put on a reeeed liiiight

ROXANNE

Did anyone else get angry when Puffy sampled this?

Eki
12th February 2007, 22:53
Now when the cowboy, indian and the construction worker will also be back, we can all sing:

YMCA...

donKey jote
12th February 2007, 23:01
Last time I went to a Police concert was in Madrid in the early 80's.
A proper gig, with flying tortilla sandwiches and bottles during, and rubber bullets and tear gas after it :p :

Around that time my main claim to fame with the girlies was that I looked like sting :s :dozey:

schmenke
12th February 2007, 23:13
Last time I went to a Police concert was in Madrid in the early 80's...

That's about the last time I saw them too, although in the Olympic Stadium in Montreal... terrible accoustics :s

schmenke
12th February 2007, 23:14
...Around that time my main claim to fame with the girlies was that I looked like sting :s :dozey:

This thread is useless without pics! :D

tinchote
12th February 2007, 23:24
This thread is useless without pics! :D

Absolutely! :p :

donKey jote
12th February 2007, 23:41
http://www.fundacionrapala.org/img/noticias/sting.jpg

edv
13th February 2007, 03:15
The Police have actually been practising in a sound stage in Vancouver BC for a while now. It's been a poorly kept secret.

oily oaf
13th February 2007, 07:17
Blimey I wish I had a quid for every time I've heard the missus say those words :(

(climbs out from beneath dining table and switches lights back on)

CarlMetro
13th February 2007, 08:47
Carl will be happy :)

Oh yes :D

I heard about this last month and have already told my better half that it is compulsory for her to buy me tickets to see them :) Tried to convince her to take me to the Las Vegas show but she laughed and then walked away :\

Daniel
13th February 2007, 12:02
Oh yes :D

I heard about this last month and have already told my better half that it is compulsory for her to buy me tickets to see them :) Tried to convince her to take me to the Las Vegas show but she laughed and then walked away :\
She's obviously not that much of a better half then is she Carl? :p

schmenke
13th February 2007, 19:29
Well, I wont' be going. I just discovered the ticket prices for the Canadian shows... $250.00... each! :s hock: :s

LeonBrooke
13th February 2007, 19:47
ROXANNE

put on a reeeed liiiight

ROXANNE

Did anyone else get angry when Puffy sampled this?

My favourite version of this song is the one from Moulin Rouge. Granted, I haven't heard any others for a while...

Ian McC
13th February 2007, 19:49
Nothing like getting old and needing a little extra cash :D

CarlMetro
13th February 2007, 23:15
Well, I wont' be going. I just discovered the ticket prices for the Canadian shows... $250.00... each! :s hock: :s

That's for a top-price ticket, the prices actually start at $50. Check this out for further details ;)

http://www.thepolicetour.com/

Brown, Jon Brow
13th February 2007, 23:17
The Who :erm:

:uhoh:

CarlMetro
13th February 2007, 23:20
The Who :erm:

No, The Who announced a European tour last week, same principle but a different set of aging rockers ;)