PDA

View Full Version : About tyres

Tomi
12th February 2007, 19:02
Listening to a interview from Loeb, he said that he choosed his tyres and always took a little longer spikes than Bosse, do you guys know is there some regulations who chooses first and so on.

bowler
13th February 2007, 02:09
I don't think there is any regulation about who chooses first.

There are times when choices have to be made by, but nothing about any order.

Loeb has always been good with his tyre choices.

WRC2006
13th February 2007, 12:41
I am not aware of any regulations about who choises first and so on.

Every driver chooses his tires as he wish and it is up to Michelin to deliver the tires asked.

Loeb is the king in choosing tires but sometimes it can't work. You can't be 100% every time.

Halvis
13th February 2007, 12:47
Due to his retirement from Rally Sweden, Petter Solberg will have more tyres to choose from. I think they are allowed to take 16 tyres from Sweden and add into the ones they have nominated for Norway. Could possibly come in handy?

Tomi
13th February 2007, 12:48
yes, but i think it's strange other drivers get to know the others choise.

Finni
13th February 2007, 17:59
I think that Loeb's good tyre choises are 50% in his own driving. Especially in Monte Carlo Loeb can easely compensate non-adequate choises and make his alternative tyre choise to look good even if it was neutral in objective terms. Same case probably happened in Sweden. Grönholm could have compensate bad tyre choises by his virtuosity in that particular rally (and he possibly did it in early race).

Magnus
13th February 2007, 18:24
Are you shure abt that Halvis - sounds very strange. The limit should be by rally and not by season or part of season? I don´t know at all, just curious abt how the rules shall be applied.

DonJippo
13th February 2007, 18:30
Are you shure abt that Halvis - sounds very strange. The limit should be by rally and not by season or part of season? I don´t know at all, just curious abt how the rules shall be applied.

For Norway, the designation will be carried out in two stages:
- on 02.02, designation of 45 tyres maximum
- on 12.02, designation of 21 remaining tyres taken from the list of 70 tyres nominated for Sweden.http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/1948515195__WRC_reg.pdf page 55

J4MIE
13th February 2007, 19:53
yes, but i think it's strange other drivers get to know the others choise.

Well if you have to be out of service 2 minutes later than someone else, you can use that time to choose and fit your own tyres and can try to see what he has chosen, if you can get close enough. Don't think there are any specific regulations about it though.

I remember a few years ago in Mexico when Carlos chose the tyres that he had already used to go out on, I think they had to nominate those tyres when they arrived at service in the running order. Don't think that is still used though?