PDA

View Full Version : How to watch the duels ?

brewerkd
12th February 2007, 14:24
With NASN still giving us no idea when / if deal with be signed with ESPN, i am wondering how i will get to watch the duels. TVU does not show the speed channel, which i can use to watch all the fox covered races
i.e the 500.

Does anyone know of a way to be able to access the speed channel coverage online ?

I'm a huge fan of the superspeedway races and it breaks my heart to think i may miss 2 of the most intense races of the season !

cgs
12th February 2007, 14:56
look on TVU for a channel called Wheels ;)

Erki
12th February 2007, 16:32
How is the Daytona 500 lineup determined via duels?

eastlmark
12th February 2007, 18:08

oh thats dead simple, just not got the time right now, sure someone will explain!
http://dot.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/spin2.gif

GARYGAZZA
12th February 2007, 19:46
speed is shown via wheels on tvu.All i can tell you the front row was determined by the Daytona 500 qulifing yesterday 11/02/2007. Rookie David Gilliland on pole and old boy Ricky Rudd completing the front row.

blakebeatty
12th February 2007, 19:49
oh thats dead simple, just not got the time right now, sure someone will explain!
http://dot.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/spin2.gif

here's the skinny:

those who have qualifed for the front row (IE gilliland and rudd) will keep their starting spots in the big race, but regardless they must race the duels.

From there, those with odd qualifying positions (IE 1, 3, 5, 7, etc) will line up in the first duel behind the polesitter. They will then race the 150 miles. The finishing order of the duel will be used to fill the inside line of the Daytona 500. So the top finisher will line up behind Gilliland.

Then those with even qualifying spots will race the second duel, and fill the outside line behind rudd in the 500.

Now it gets complicated:

The top four times in qualifying on sunday of those outside of the top thirty five in owner's points will be guaranteed a spot in the 500, save for when one car uses the champions provisional, in which case, the top three. These are (on time): #60-Boris Said, #14-Sterling Marlin and #70-Johnny Sauter, and via the C.P. #44- Dale Jarrett.

Then to fill the remaining four spots, the top two non top 35 cars in each duel will gain an entry into the 500. Should one of the three which got in on time (60, 14, 70) be one of these two, then the next fastest time of the non top 35 from sunday would be guaranteed a spot. Should the 44 race his way in (ie by finishing in the top 2 non top 35 drivers) then the champions provisional would go to the next most recent champions (#37-Elliot)

pentti
12th February 2007, 19:54
Go to http://www.jayski.com and then next race on right side Daytona.Then halfway in rather long page lineup is explained.Good luck!

RaceFanStan
12th February 2007, 20:31
This is from Jayski's & may be a little simpler to understand how the Daytona 500 lineup is set :
Positions 1st and 2nd:
The polesitter and outside polesitter from Bud Pole Qualifying are locked-in
(no need to be top 35 in the previous season's car Owners Points)

Positions 3rd thru 39th:
The top 35 in previous season's car Owners Points
PLUS the 2 highest finishing teams in each Gatorade Duel race NOT in the top 35
(set by their finishing postion in the Gatorade Duel races)

Positions 40th-42nd:
The 3 fastest qualifiers from Bud Pole Qualifying not in by above

Position 43rd:
The past champion provisional if needed to be used by a previous champion,
otherwise the spot goes to the next fastest qualifier from Bud Pole Qualifying