PDA

View Full Version : Are Private Messages Down?

N. Jones
28th March 2009, 11:21
I get a database error when trying to check private messages, although very rarely I have been able to get in.

This has been going on for about three days now. :(

markabilly
28th March 2009, 14:17
I think so.....

DanicaFan
28th March 2009, 14:55
Thats what Im getting here too, database error. Not sure whats up ? :confused:

muggle not
28th March 2009, 15:03
Same here, I can't access my PM's.

Hazell B
28th March 2009, 15:44
I'm the same.
It'll get fixed soon, clearly there's nobody about to do it right now.

dj_bytedisaster
28th March 2009, 18:23
guess someone either wrecked the database or the server crashed. Seems like the PS system is (thankfully) using a different db instance than the forum itself, else the whole forum would be down.

If expertise is needed, just PM, I'm a (unfortunately waay tooo seasoned) db veteran ;)

markabilly
28th March 2009, 19:14
guess someone either wrecked the database or the server crashed. Seems like the PS system is (thankfully) using a different db instance than the forum itself, else the whole forum would be down.

If expertise is needed, just PM, I'm a (unfortunately waay tooo seasoned) db veteran ;)
Great idea, I will PM you, so you can fix the PM system that does not work :D

N. Jones
29th March 2009, 02:28
Ok. I can wait until Monday. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something on my end.

:)

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 04:08
Great idea, I will PM you, so you can fix the PM system that does not work :D

Keyboard not present error. press F1 to continue :D

Of course i meant to be PM'ed after someone rebooted/fixed that sodding db server ;) Since I am a db admin professionally it was more an offer to help with finding the cause of the rather hefty outage, rather than fixing the current prob, which would be more like a suitable job for someone who can flick the switch on the machine ;)

Mark
29th March 2009, 13:59
No. They run off the same database as the forums (and the pickems)

dj_bytedisaster
30th March 2009, 06:31
Thats rather strange, as so far I can tell, the forum keeps working. That's why I thought they'd be at least different instances even if running off the same servers *shrug*

Mark
30th March 2009, 09:44
Seems we are out of space on the / partition. I'm surprised the forums are working at all!

dj_bytedisaster
30th March 2009, 12:07
Is the forum maybe using db datafiles in a directory, that's mounted on a different parition ? else it would really be strange as one would suspect they share a db *shrug* This really looks strange.

Mark
30th March 2009, 12:13
Tom has now corrected the out of space issue so PM's seem to be working again!

N. Jones
30th March 2009, 14:42
Great. Thanks Mark & Tom! :)