PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Busch's bandwagon

willracefan
26th March 2009, 21:42
he has yet to show anything in the chase, and how to close it out. i really do believe there is an advantage here with toyota and he is driving the crap out of those engines. i'm sure there will be some disagreements here on this but its how i feel. he's also not good for the future of the sport. i dont see young people being attracted by him enough to want to watch so far. and i hope i dont hear the sr comparisons like we had to hear with his brother a few years back, kyle isnt the country music bad boy racer, more like the pop music bad boy racer, and what's even more baffling.....he has a name now, the antagonist?(i think that's the word). since when does he deserve a name when he hasnt even won a title yet?

i guess some people on here probably think if not for the chase he would win the title....he wouldnt have won even if the chase wasnt implemented. he's a crash and burn driver and he cares too much about the regular season than the time you are supposed to win. as shown last year, you CAN'T dominate all season long without having a down period. every driver has that. your engines need to be reserved and until kyle realizes that he will not finish. if he drives those cars like he did last year it will be the same result.

at least my driver has showed he can contend for a title when he has the equipment and not implode. now i am waiting shrub's biggest praisers to disagree here.

jslone
26th March 2009, 22:44
ture enough,lets see how he does in the chase.

RaceFanStan
27th March 2009, 03:30
Kyle Busch struggled in the Chase after having an awesome pre-Chase season in 2008.

Looking at Kyle Busch's stats, clearly he DID deserve to be in the Chase. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif
In the final stats, I wouldn't be bragging on Harvick too heavy because the advantage goes to Kyle Busch.

2008 driver stats :
Kyle Busch - 8 wins - 17 top 5s - 21 top 10s
Kevin Harvick - 0 wins - 7 top 5s - 19 top 10s

Harvick only finished ahead of Kyle Busch in the points due to the Chase format
In the Final CLASSIC Points Standings it would have looked much different :
01. 5236 points --- Carl Edwards
02. 5220 points --- Jimmie Johnson
03. 4984 points --- Kyle Busch
04. 4747 points --- Greg Biffle
05. 4709 points --- Jeff Burton
06. 4691 points --- Kevin Harvick
07. 4605 points --- Dale Earnhardt Jr
08. 4537 points --- Jeff Gordon
09. 4487 points --- Tony Stewart
10. 4487 points --- Clint Bowyer
11. 4439 points --- Denny Hamlin
12. 4316 points --- Matt Kenseth
13. 4299 points --- David Ragan
14. 4085 points --- Kasey Kahne
15. 3839 points --- Martin Truex Jr
16. 3809 points --- Jamie McMurray

slorydn1
27th March 2009, 06:25
I understand what Will was saying. I don't think he was saying that Harvick had a better season in 2008 than Kyle Busch, I think he was observing that Harvick has won 2 championships (albeit Nationwide Titles) over his career, while Busch has yet to produce any.

I'm no Busch fan either, but I'm not ready to kick him to the curb yet, either. The kid knows how to win races. If he ever figures out how to put together and entire season, the rest of us are going to be in for a long, dry, pissed off spell....

colinspooky
27th March 2009, 10:31
I'm no Busch fan either, but I'm not ready to kick him to the curb yet, either. The kid knows how to win races. If he ever figures out how to put together and entire season, the rest of us are going to be in for a long, dry, pissed off spell....

What he said - spot on :cool:

Not sure I understand what Will is saying though - has something happened or is this just Will introducing the subject at random. Nothing wrong with that, just wondering.

RaceFanStan
27th March 2009, 15:15
Jealousy is an ugly thing ...
5 races into 2009, Kyle Busch has 2 wins & is 4th in points while Harvick is winless & 12th in points.
Kyle Busch is the most likely candidate to challenge Jeff Gordon for the Championship ...
so the unhappy Harvick fans will attack a frontrunner while it is Harvick who needs to pick it up. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

harvick#1
27th March 2009, 16:51
Jealousy is an ugly thing ...
5 races into 2009, Kyle Busch has 2 wins & is 4th in points while Harvick is winless & 12th in points.
Kyle Busch is the most likely candidate to challenge Jeff Gordon for the Championship ...
so the unhappy Harvick fans will attack a frontrunner while it is Harvick who needs to pick it up. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

:mark: maybe one unhappy harvick fan.

I don't take nascar serious anymore, Brian ruined the sport I used to love

willracefan
27th March 2009, 17:49
okay harvick is not at his best now, that is obvious. but in 2006, he had the championship won had it not been for the blown engine at dover. harvick also did not screw up on pit stops and have bad calls during that 2006 chase either. also, the 34th place at atl may have stemmed from being second in points and needing to be great because jj was on their trail or taking the junk car that was taken to charlotte. harvick will be back next year big with his contract year. this is the gordon 07'/04' year.

and i think people forget that jj is the one that will be battling gordon for the title and win yet again.

jslone
28th March 2009, 03:12
I got new respect for Busch,he was here in the dc area earlier in the weel,doing a race around the beltway with radio station dc101 with thier host flounder,he got pulled over by the md state police for doing 57 n a 55 zone and handled the whole thing pretty good.He had good insight on his daily life that surprised me.

djparky
28th March 2009, 13:53
as a long time Jeff Gordon fan I'm also a Kyle Busch fan- ok he didn't do well in the Chase thing last year but at times he makes the others (including his team mates) look pretty ordinary and it was only bad luck that stopped him winning the championship last year- he is the future of NASCAR unless he does something daft like trying F1- and the series is all the better for his being in it

jeffmr2
28th March 2009, 14:57
okay harvick is not at his best now, that is obvious. but in 2006, he had the championship won had it not been for the blown engine at dover. harvick also did not screw up on pit stops and have bad calls during that 2006 chase either. also, the 34th place at atl may have stemmed from being second in points and needing to be great because jj was on their trail or taking the junk car that was taken to charlotte. harvick will be back next year big with his contract year. this is the gordon 07'/04' year.

and i think people forget that jj is the one that will be battling gordon for the title and win yet again.

Excuses excuses just seems like he just couldnt handle the chase if you ask me.

willracefan
28th March 2009, 15:42
i think i know my driver, and harvick was not collapsing in that chase! he was working his way in the top ten in that race before that engine blew and then atl was a nightmare track for him, dont come off with that pressure crap you wont win with me when it comes to harvick as a racer! :eek: why did he have three straight top fives the last three races that year and win the nns by 1000 points over carl edwards?! :eek:

harvick has more fans that kyle busch.....a lot more.

willracefan
28th March 2009, 15:45
no one is tuning in to watch kyle, how is the sport for the better, you think kyle's gonna get the football fans that dont like racing to watch? its been a year and he hasnt done it.

Lee Roy
28th March 2009, 16:47
Excuses excuses just seems like he just couldnt handle the chase if you ask me.

Yep, that's the way I read it too.

harvick#1
28th March 2009, 17:38
no one is tuning in to watch kyle, how is the sport for the better, you think kyle's gonna get the football fans that dont like racing to watch? its been a year and he hasnt done it.

why would any new fans want to come watch Nascar now, the racing is godawful and boring, I used to watch races weekin-weekout in its entirety, now I just see what else is on, especially when all the ever do is talk about a guy running 20th all race long (cough cough the track favorite), and how DW is gaga over Digger.

who cares if Kyle doesn't have the fans, hes more worried about racing, I don't like him, but he can wheel a car, and hes atleast more entertaining then all the PC drivers in the field today, and anytime Jooyners face isn't plastered all over the network is fine by me.

willracefan
28th March 2009, 18:48
this thread was about kyle, not harvick. if i wanted harvck involved i would have said his name instead of my driver.

and harvick, i too want to stop being as involved in nascar but this is a crapshoot time of year. nfl isnt on, and the nba is about basically one player. i wish i had a big time job but i had to quit homeschooling under pressure to go to work way back when. i hope that within the next year i can get things turned around for myself. its kind of why i rely on sports.

RaceFanStan
28th March 2009, 20:14
no one is tuning in to watch kyle....
I am one that is tuning in to watch Kyle Busch mix-it-up along with a few others. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif
Just so you know, both my pickup & my car have #18 M&M plates on the front. :D

RaceFanStan
28th March 2009, 20:17
this thread was about kyle, not harvick.
if i wanted harvck involved i would have said his name instead of my driver....
Yeah, I should be ashamed to mention Harvick in a Kyle Busch thread,
they just aren't on the same level, Harvick needs to catch-up 1st. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

harvick#1
28th March 2009, 20:37
they just aren't on the same level, Harvick needs to catch-up 1st.

RCR isn't the top-level team getting a huge technical backup either ;) when Gibbs went to Toyota, all the top resources came with it, outside of RBR, Toyota has still not been that impressive without the Gibbs camp running the charge

Mark in Oshawa
29th March 2009, 02:00
The whining on this thread is so varied and out over the landscape where would I start?

Ok, first off I am NOT a Kyle Busch fan. I don't cheer for him that is. That said, he is running like jack the bear most weeks and just laying a beating on people. ALL THE OTHER DRIVERS. I am a Jr. Fan and it galls me that he is calling Jr. out which is hilarious because where Kyle is missing charisma, Jr or Harvick have in spades.

Kyle may be one of the 5 best talents to ever drive in NASCAR before he is done. That said, he has little in the way of class in how he handles himself at times, and yet I don't think he is a bad guy. Just the calling out of Jr. last week was a little over the top. Ya won Kyle, act like a gentleman for once.

What makes me laugh tho is all the Kyle fans dumping on anyone who criticizes the guy but when he was at Hendricks, he wasn't doing much ( won race a year, just like Jr.). I don't remember knowing ANY Kyle Busch fans and his fan club wasn't much. He has one HOT year and all the sudden everyone is a fan. I guess it makes sense but it smells of bandwagon jumping.

I think the reason tho he got the boot from the 5 was when his car broke at Phoenix in the spring race 2 years ago, he walked away and went home while the team busted their @ss to fix the car. Jr. got in and got him a few positions as a relief driver because Kyle was having a temper tantrum. It is the reason he was shown the door and not Casey Mears in my opinion ( I think Rick made a mistake not keeping Kyle regardless but that is hindsight isn't it?).

So for Kyle to constantly rub salt in the 88's wounds is a bit tawdry.....

The man has talent. Gobs of it. Charisma and class? Lacking in both...but he is 23. His brother was a jerk for years but a little time in Roger Penske's finishing school kind of made Kurt into an alright guy so there is hope for Kyle.

Anyone who has read the Darrell Waltrip story would realize Kyle is really more like Darrell than any other great star of the past....

RaceFanStan
29th March 2009, 03:50
.....Anyone who has read the Darrell Waltrip story would realize Kyle is really more like Darrell than any other great star of the past....
Yeah, maybe that is what I like about Kyle Busch, you see I was a big Darrell Waltrip fan "in the day".
just like the DW "of old", Kyle Busch speaks his mind & then backs it up on the racetrack.
I enjoy an aggressive driver, that is what I have really like about Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart & others.
I find that Kyle Busch does have charisma, he is honest & what you see is what you get,
Kyle Busch goes out to win every race & if he has to move someone out of the way he usually gets it done.
Like Kyle Busch or dislike him, he doesn't care (nor do I), he is the real deal & not for the weak of heart.

FYI : Darrell Waltrip doesn't readily admit it but he was a very aggressive driver,
he had many a heated race with Dale Earnhardt with the both of them trading paint.
DW always talks about how hard Dale Earnhardt raced him for every inch of racetrack,
what DW fails to mention is that he raced Earnhardt exactly the same way.

harvick#1
29th March 2009, 08:33
The man has talent. Gobs of it. Charisma and class? Lacking in both...but he is 23. His brother was a jerk for years but a little time in Roger Penske's finishing school kind of made Kurt into an alright guy so there is hope for Kyle.

Kurt didn't changed his attitude until Spencer punched him at Indy, then had the ticket in Phoenix, ever since then hes changed for the better and I actually like seeing him run good now

jeffmr2
29th March 2009, 13:55
this thread was about kyle, not harvick. if i wanted harvck involved i would have said his name instead of my driver.

and harvick, i too want to stop being as involved in nascar but this is a crapshoot time of year. nfl isnt on, and the nba is about basically one player. i wish i had a big time job but i had to quit homeschooling under pressure to go to work way back when. i hope that within the next year i can get things turned around for myself. its kind of why i rely on sports.

Surley your second post opened the thread up to include Harvick.
I just dont see the point of this starting another thread just to knock Kyle for the hell of it.
I like Harvick (theres actually only a couple of drivers i dislike) although its a shame he's become so pc,i liked him more when he was throwing punches and tantrums lol.His win the the nationwide series for his own team was great,Kyle and his team cocked up but it didnt stop me enjoying seeing Harvick win.Maybe its because i am a nascar fan first and foremost.

slorydn1
30th March 2009, 09:58
In the final stats, I wouldn't be bragging on Harvick too heavy because the advantage goes to Kyle Busch.

Really? Lets look at all the pertinent stats, in all 3 national series (which is a good comparison considering Kevin is driving either RCR equipment, or his own stuff, and Busch has had Hendrick, Gibbs, and Ballew equipment). Equipment wise, except for 2005 and 3/4ths of 2006 in nationwide only, and in the truck series now, the edge goes to Busch.

Including Sunday's Cup race at Martinsville Harvick and Busch have faced each other 286 times in all 3 series (156 Cup races, 119 Nationwide races, 11 Truck races).

Head to head, Harvick holds the advantage 153-133 (meaning that Harvick finished ahead of Busch 20 more times). In fairness, Busch has a 2 race lead in the Cup series (he leads Harvick 79-77) whilst Harvick smokes Busch in the Nationwide series by 25 races (72-47). In the Truck series Busch beats Harvick by 3 races (7-4)

Now for the stat line everyone recocgnizes: wins, top 5's, top 10's. The argument could be made here that Busch has a slight advantage:

Busch: 33 wins, 108 top 5's, 142 top 10's
Harvick: 26 wins, 97 top 5's, 169 top 10's

In the 156 Cup races, Busch leads Harvick by 7 wins (14-7) 19 top-5's (50-31). Harvick holds the edge in top 10's by 9 (75-66). Harvick holds the edge in average finish (15.1-16.5). Harvick also holds an 808 point advantage in total points scored (24239-23431) and, yes, I went through the trouble to manualy add up the points scored in the 6 races in 2004 in which they faced each other.

In the 119 Nationwide races, Harvick has a slim 1 win advantage (18-17), leads in top 5's by 8 (58-50), and top 10's by 17 (85-68). Harvick crushes Busch in average finish (8.3-13.5) :eek:
That astounded me because Harvick has now raced more than half of those races in his own stuff while Kyle has had the benefit of nothing but Hendrick and Gibbs equipment!

In the 11 truck races, Busch leads Harvick by 1 win (2-1), they are dead even in top 5's with 8, and Harvick leads Busch in top 10's by 1 (9-8).
Harvick has a better average finish (6.8-7.4). I'll give Harvick the equipment edge here, because his driver Ron Hornaday won a championship in this stuff, so you know its good.
I have not yet had the time to go through, race by race, to total up the points in Nationwide and Trucks because they don't race every race so its not as simple as it was in the Cup series (2004 was only 6 races, and that was the only year I had to make an extra effort).

Using only the season's they have faced each other head to head, Harvick has 1 championship to zero for Busch, and Busch has yet to post a victory in a "marquee" event, while Harvick has won the Daytona 500, and the All-Star race (I still call it the Winston, old habits die hard). If you span his career, you can add a Brickyard 400, and another championship to Harvick's resume. Nothing for Busch, yet (I say yet because I forsee several Championships coming for Busch, possibly in multiple series if he so chooses, and had joonyur not experienced brainfade in this year's 500, I don't think any body had anything for Kyle in that race).

I won't even go there when it comes to DNF's, either....

I like the way both drivers take care of business on the race track. Busch is somewhat more aggressive, however, and that would definitely account for the fact that Harvick leads Busch in average finish in all three series. Thats because, barring a pit road miscue, you can pretty much bank on the fact that Harvick is going to finish where his car or truck is capable of finishing in a given race, where Busch is Checkers-or-Wreckers all gthe time, so you never quite sure if he's going to the infield via victory lane or the care center. Harvick will still say what he thinks, but NASCAR beat the on track aggression out of him. Kyle has never been parked in the cup series for something that happened in the truck series. Kyle was never placed on probation for merely grabbing someone and yelling at him like Harvick was for grabbing Biffle. Kyle still has some growing up to do in his interviews, although I belive he has been doing somewhat better as of late (the Jr comments not withstanding).

Kevin has become a successful team owner. If the rumor that Kurt Busch has been spreading about Kyle is true, Kyle may be venturing down that road in short order.

I guess what I said in my first post is not entirely accurate. I am a Harvick fan, so that means I'm really not a Kyle Busch fan, but i'm not a Busch hater, either. He's starting to grow on me a little, like DW did later in his career, even though I was an Earnhardt fan. I also like Tony Stewart, and I was even glad to see Shrubs older brother Elf-boy win at Atlanta. I've even softened my stance on Jeff Gordon over the years....

Kyle is having a better year and a half than Kevin is right now, but I wouldn't be so quick to write Kevin off just yet...

willracefan
30th March 2009, 20:58
i think you summed it up slo. checkers or wreckers indeed. and who saw harvick outmaneuver shrub today? and what did kyle end up doing? he commited a penalty! couldnt handle the pressure! wait til the chase.

oh and stan i didnt mean you your the mod you can post anything, i was talking about the others. i didnt remember that your post was the first that responded to the harvick bit so i should have realized that before making that post.

slorydn1
31st March 2009, 00:08
i think you summed it up slo. checkers or wreckers indeed. and who saw harvick outmaneuver shrub today? and what did kyle end up doing? he commited a penalty! couldnt handle the pressure! wait til the chase.

oh and stan i didnt mean you your the mod you can post anything, i was talking about the others. i didnt remember that your post was the first that responded to the harvick bit so i should have realized that before making that post.

Yeah, that was awesome...I just got done watching it. I actually sided with Busch a little on this one. It was obvious to God and everyone that Kyle had no intention of pitting, he was just scraping the wall tp push the fender back in...But, a rules a rule, and unless u are Joonyur, you can't violate any rule and get away with it. I mean, Jr passed the pace car several tmes at Michigan last year because he was running out of gas, and Nascar handed him the win. Also when Jr passed Kenseth below the yellow line at talladega several years ago, etc.....

slorydn1
31st March 2009, 01:19
For accuracy sake, I need to make 1 minor correction to my stat post:

I had stated:In the 119 Nationwide races, Harvick has a slim 1 win advantage (18-17).....

Somehow when I was putting my spread sheet together I accidently transposed the numbers, that should state that Busch has a slim one win lead in the Nationwide series.

Because of that error, that snowballed into the overall stat line, in which Busch has 33 wins, to Harvicks 25 (now 26 since Harvick won today's truck race in Martinsville).

I hope that clears up any confusion some might had.... :beer:

RaceFanStan
31st March 2009, 12:34
http://images.sportinglife.com/09/03/330/Kyle-Busch-March-22_2052486.jpg

slorydn1
1st April 2009, 07:45
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/slorydn1/6542372_420x300_mb_art_R0.jpg

RaceFanStan
1st April 2009, 12:22
It's a shame you had to go back to 2007 slo. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

harvick#1
1st April 2009, 14:59
but thats the Daytona 500 trophy, somethin Busch dont have :D

muggle not
1st April 2009, 15:47
but thats the Daytona 500 trophy, somethin Busch dont have :D
And it is a coveted trophy.

Mark in Oshawa
4th April 2009, 04:41
Yeah, that was awesome...I just got done watching it. I actually sided with Busch a little on this one. It was obvious to God and everyone that Kyle had no intention of pitting, he was just scraping the wall tp push the fender back in...But, a rules a rule, and unless u are Joonyur, you can't violate any rule and get away with it. I mean, Jr passed the pace car several tmes at Michigan last year because he was running out of gas, and Nascar handed him the win. Also when Jr passed Kenseth below the yellow line at talladega several years ago, etc.....

What's the rule for PASSING the Pace car? A warning....which of Jr. Got one. He never actually passed the car fully either. If he had kept doing it YES he would have been penalized. I guess that running out of gas and running slower than the pace car with Biffle was just no rule being broken? No...Biff was warned...and then the checkers flew. Any in race penalty of that nature usually has a warning when it is of that nature. Busch's missing the committment line for the pits at Martinsville is a more serious thing because it is one of their hard and fast rules they are adament about in the driver's meetings week after week.

As for the Dega example? Yup...Jr. got away with one there and NASCAR just digs holes in their crediblity. That said, most of the top drivers have had calls go their way at one point or another. It is NASCAR's sandbox. You don't like it? Don't watch. Just like NFL ref's blow calls, NHL refs blow calls, NBA officials blow calls and the fat guy behind the plate at a ballgame cant figure out the balls and strikes some days. It isn't a black helicopter consipracy eh?

slorydn1
4th April 2009, 20:00
What's the rule for PASSING the Pace car? A warning....which of Jr. Got one. He never actually passed the car fully either. If he had kept doing it YES he would have been penalized. I guess that running out of gas and running slower than the pace car with Biffle was just no rule being broken? No...Biff was warned...and then the checkers flew. Any in race penalty of that nature usually has a warning when it is of that nature. Busch's missing the committment line for the pits at Martinsville is a more serious thing because it is one of their hard and fast rules they are adament about in the driver's meetings week after week.

As for the Dega example? Yup...Jr. got away with one there and NASCAR just digs holes in their crediblity. That said, most of the top drivers have had calls go their way at one point or another. It is NASCAR's sandbox. You don't like it? Don't watch. Just like NFL ref's blow calls, NHL refs blow calls, NBA officials blow calls and the fat guy behind the plate at a ballgame cant figure out the balls and strikes some days. It isn't a black helicopter consipracy eh?

No, no conspiracy, per se. As for the proscribed penalty for passing the pace car I can't tell you absolutely for sure beacuse nascar, unlike the FIA, doesn't release its rulebook for public reference, but if memory serves me correctly, the TV guys have always said passing the pace car is a 1 lap penalty. At the very least it has to be a violation of 12-4-A (every infraction seems to be an action detrimental to stock car racing) :p :

Any objective observer will tell you that Jr gets more "calls" than anybody else. Anyway, that really wasn't my main point, I just threw the Jr reference out there to stir the pot....Seems I have met my objective :D

My main point was that it was obvious to anyone with one functioning brain cell that Kyle had no intention of pitting. If he was going to pit, he wouldn't have been scraping the wall because the gas man could have just pulled it out. So, by doing that, he crossed a paint line on the track....big deal...

Nascar always said that they don't want to get into intent, and generally they don't, but seem to do that only for certain people. In Jr's 'dega pass going into turn 3 they said it was apparent to them that he only went down there to avoid wrecking Kenseth, so they let it slide. I agreed with them on that, by the way....

In jr's deal at michigan, they said that they "knew" he had no intention of passing the pace car (which I agreed with that, too) but that he was only trying to build up speed to shut the car off and let it coast...No harm, no foul.. They told him to knock it off or else, and he complied.

Yet they hammered Regan Smith at dega last year, and they wouldn't cut Kyle a break at Martinsville last week. They only seem to do "black and white" enforcement for certain people and let others in the gray area....I say its an either/or proposition. I'm all for common sense enforcement, if something happens because of action X, the maybe penalty X may not fit.
My only thing is, if you do that for one, you have to do that for everyone.

Let me use a real life example. I don't know about where you live, but the deputies I work with, If they catch you speeding you are going to get a nice fat ticket. However, if they catch you speeding, and they find out you are bringing your wife to the hospital because she is getting ready to have a baby, they're gonna let you slide. They may follow you to make sure you actually going there, and if you don't you'll get hammered with the ticket and a charge of R.O.D. (resist, obstruct and delay an officer-a fancy way of saying "lying to PO-PO").

Thats all I am saying. I hate it when officating decides the outcome of any event, instead of the participants.....

Harvick was gonna win that truck race at Martinsville regardless of whether or not Busch got penalised for a commitment line violation (which you may have laready figured out made me VERY happy, Stan ;) ) but we the fans got robbed of hard fight for 2nd place between Kyle and Ron Hornaday....

willracefan
5th April 2009, 00:01
what hard fight? kb would have wasted no time turning ron, afterall he did it twice last year and ultimately it cost him the title.

oldhippie
5th April 2009, 05:10
Kyle Busch is an awesome driver and people need to get used to seeing him in victory lane :p

muggle not
6th April 2009, 02:14
Kyle was once again a dumbass today. The kid still hasn't grown up, don't know if he will.

Fred Basset
6th April 2009, 02:31
A "dumbass" that wins races that HMS got rid of and replaced him with......

:laugh:

harvick#1
6th April 2009, 03:02
Kyle was once again a dumbass today. The kid still hasn't grown up, don't know if he will.

knowing a Busch, he needs to be punched and get a ticket, then his owner suspends him the rest of the year, then his attitude will change for the better pretty quickly

muggle not
6th April 2009, 03:40
knowing a Busch, he needs to be punched and get a ticket, then his owner suspends him the rest of the year, then his attitude will change for the better pretty quickly
Poll: Which will happen first.

1. He gets punched ( and claims nose damage)
2. He mouths off to a cop and gets a ticket.
3. The owner suspends him.

RaceFanStan
6th April 2009, 12:35
I think Kyle Busch will win a bunch of races in ALL 3 series & eventually be the Cup Champion. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Everyone doesn't dislike Kyle Busch, many of us like him & we think he is a mega-talented driver. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Lee Roy
6th April 2009, 12:51

Wonder if he'll ever be suspended from a race by NASCAR for being a petulant jerk, like Kevin Harvick once was.

muggle not
6th April 2009, 15:43
Wonder if he'll ever be suspended from a race by NASCAR for being a petulant jerk, like Kevin Harvick once was.
I think the chances are pretty good. :)

I think Kyle Busch will win a bunch of races in ALL 3 series & eventually be the Cup Champion.
Everyone doesn't dislike Kyle Busch, many of us like him & we think he is a mega-talented driver. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif
No doubt that he is talented but he hasn't yet learned how to harness his talent. Only time will tell whether he will be a Champion. I think the odds are no better than 50 - 50. :D

willracefan
6th April 2009, 16:37
if i pick kyle to win every week, he will fail! :D

Mark in Oshawa
10th April 2009, 21:12
All I know is Kyle Busch is a few years of maturity away from being a champion. He has the skills it appears. I just don't think he has the maturity and patience to resist doing some of the silly things he has done over the last few years. Messing with John Andretti last week in Texas was a perfect example.

When he is on, he is a force, but there are times where he initiates contact with other guys to prove some point and it ends up biting him BIG time. That said, the collapse of his team last year in the Chase says to me Addington has to really make sure he has his side of the equation ready to support Kyle as well.

Kyle will win a championship likely in the next 5 years. I don't like that, but hey, cant deny talent. Just wish he would get to a point like his brother has where he isn't annoying every time he has a chip on his shoulder over some perceived slight. Maybe Jimmy Spencer can give him boxing lessons......