PDA

View Full Version : IE 8

A.F.F.
26th March 2009, 13:47
Is it any good? I mean, worth of downloading and using?

schmenke
26th March 2009, 14:11
I've been using it for close to a year now with no complaints :)

Garry Walker
26th March 2009, 15:21
Whilst I am no PC expert, I tend to avoid IE like plague and my more PC-smart friends are the same.

Dave B
26th March 2009, 17:01
There's absolutely no need to avoid any recent version of IE, and IE8 is probably as good as you're going to get in terms of security. The mindset which says "you can't get viruses on Firefox" is a dangerous one perpetuated by the more ignorant parts of the media, who should know better.

With a modicum of common sense (don't go downloading and running files from dodgy sites), any browser is perfectly secure. Find the one you like best and don't listen to the naysayers.

Wade91
26th March 2009, 17:11
There's absolutely no need to avoid any recent version of IE, and IE8 is probably as good as you're going to get in terms of security. The mindset which says "you can't get viruses on Firefox" is a dangerous one perpetuated by the more ignorant parts of the media, who should know better.

With a modicum of common sense (don't go downloading and running files from dodgy sites), any browser is perfectly secure. Find the one you like best and don't listen to the naysayers.
i have 5 browsers IE7, firefox, opera, google chrome, and maxthon, i mostly use firefox and it hasn't done anything to prevent me from getting viruses (not that i exspected it to though) i am thinking about downloading IE8

it will be inreresting to see how well IE8 catches on, becouse recently IE seems to have lost alot of populairty

A.F.F.
26th March 2009, 21:18
Ok, cheers guys. I'll give it a shot :)

Daniel
26th March 2009, 21:21
I'm thinking that there is something wrong with IE8 on 64 bit systems :mark:

Everyone else seems to have no problem with IE8 yet when I installed IE8 it was constantly acting like I had no internet connection :confused: Might install it on Caroline's PC and see what it's like on that. Could be something strange like my router but I doubt it.

You can uninstall IE8 anyway so just install it and see how you go with it as you can always go back. Personally I'll stick with IE7 for a while longer :crazy:

christophulus
26th March 2009, 22:28
Running IE8 on Vista x64 with no problems. I'm actually very impressed with it, the accelerators are a great addition.

Hasn't displaced Firefox though :)

Daniel
26th March 2009, 22:29
Running IE8 on Vista x64 with no problems. I'm actually very impressed with it, the accelerators are a great addition.

Hasn't displaced Firefox though :)
Weird. Might install it again and try another router over the weekend.