PDA

View Full Version : Lewis joins GPDA

Knock-on
26th March 2009, 10:49
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73904

Well, he has had 2 years in F1 and now believes he can contribute to the association in a meaningful way.

Well done.

ioan
26th March 2009, 10:51
Good! :up:

Sonic
26th March 2009, 10:58
Long over due.

Mark
26th March 2009, 11:10
Well; to have the current champion not being a member would have made a mockery of the entire thing.

Knock-on
26th March 2009, 11:16
Well; to have the current champion not being a member would have made a mockery of the entire thing.

Was Kimi a member?

Also, I would have hoped Massa would stay with the organisation as neither Ferrari driver is a member.

ArrowsFA1
26th March 2009, 11:36
IMHO all drivers should be members of the GPDA so better late than never where Lewis is concerned.

Knock-on
26th March 2009, 11:49
IMHO all drivers should be members of the GPDA so better late than never where Lewis is concerned.

I can appreciate that but coming into F1, he probably felt he had enough on his plate and little to contribute.

I suppose the question is whether a GPDA with willing members is more effective than one with members not comitted.

ozrevhead
26th March 2009, 12:22
I can appreciate that but coming into F1, he probably felt he had enough on his plate and little to contribute.

I suppose the question is whether a GPDA with willing members is more effective than one with members not comitted.
I dont mind a rookie driver not needing to do it

now Lewis is a world champion and two years in the sport its time he joined

wedge
26th March 2009, 13:49
I suspect he's more concerned about the Superlicence fee than anything else.