PDA

View Full Version : Rhubarb

Hazell B
26th March 2009, 08:46
Like it? Hate it?

Mine's growing like mad at the moment, almost to the point where you can hear it crackle and stretch, though it's grown out of doors. Sadly we can't ever sell any to the veg markets as the best plants are right by the horse's scratching post where he's rubbing off his winter hair. Nobody likes hairy rhubarb :p :

But once it's cleaned, I'll be enjoying rhubarb and custard, pies and crumbles for weeks :facelick:

Storm
26th March 2009, 09:41
I don't like it, neither do I hate it..

Fact is I don't know what it is :p :

I don't think it grows over here, or if it does I probably don't know which local name corresponds to rhubarb...I'll have to booble this.

Dave B
26th March 2009, 09:56
I do like a good rhubarb crumble, but I'll be honest I prefer apple. When I were a lad we used to grow our own, when we turfed over the veg patch to make the lawn bigger the damn stuff just wouldn't die!

GridGirl
26th March 2009, 11:10
The other half lives in the rhubarb triangle. I dont mind it but I'd go for a different pudding first. They do a lovely rhubarb crumble in the Lake District made with Grasmere Ginger bread. Yummy.

Sonic
26th March 2009, 11:17
Rubarb and custard GOOD!

The TV show not the food.

BDunnell
26th March 2009, 11:18
Don't like it. Sets my teeth on edge.

Donney
26th March 2009, 11:47
Never tried it I have to admit....

Tazio
26th March 2009, 14:02
Rhubarb cobbler, my mother made the best. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII like it :)

schmenke
27th March 2009, 18:05
Strawberry-rhubarb pie... :facelick:

Drew
27th March 2009, 20:53
Apple and rhubarb crumble :)

Eki
27th March 2009, 21:22
My mother made rhubarb wine and rhubarb pie. Both were good.

veeten
27th March 2009, 22:46
Rhubarb is an odd plant. Looks like a red celery stalk.

But it has it rewards. :)

Mark in Oshawa
28th March 2009, 05:44
I wish I could argue about what to do with it. Snow has melted but nothing is growing yet save for a few shoots of daffodails and Tulips coming up in the garden at my folks house

Hazell B
28th March 2009, 13:39
Rhubarb is an odd plant. Looks like a red celery stalk.

Or in our case a red celery with hairs all over it :p :

Almost ready to start pulling it up now ....
Hope the slugs don't beat me to it :mark:

Mark in Oshawa
29th March 2009, 00:44
I had it growing in my back yard in my first house, I gave some away, damn stuff kept growing back and I started running it over with the lawn mower. I don't like it myself....