PDA

View Full Version : Predictions

muggle not
11th February 2007, 23:42
Make your prediction for the upcoming season. Any prediction you desire.

I predict that Harvick will be the next Champion.
I also predict that Kyle Busch will miss the playoff and end up outside the top 12..
I also predict that casey mears will make the chase. (sorry Leeoy, I didn't mean to add my Casey prediction because of your post :) )

Lee Roy
11th February 2007, 23:45
I also think that Harvick will be a good bet to win the title. I also think that Casey Mears' success will be a big surprise this year.

OWFan19
11th February 2007, 23:46
The racing will be boring.

muggle not
11th February 2007, 23:50
The racing will be boring.
Yes, OW usually is.

OWFan19
11th February 2007, 23:53
Im sorry, but I think NASCAR has been getting boring.

harvick#1
11th February 2007, 23:54
I predict that Harvick will be the next Champion.

you've lost it haven't you :D

but you will be correct on that statement

muggle not
12th February 2007, 01:46

Don't mis-understand. I will be rooting for Jeff Gordon but I think this will be the year for Harvick. :)

muggle not
12th February 2007, 01:46

Don't mis-understand. I will be rooting for Jeff Gordon but I think this will be the year for Harvick. :)

djarumdudley
12th February 2007, 08:46
The championship will come down to Tony Stewart and Jeff Burton. Stewart's team will be so energized by last year's missing of the Chase and take the title. The 31 will be upfront even more with several wins. Reed Sorenson and Clint Bowyer will win and have breakout years with Bowyer making the Chase. Casey Mears won't be a complete bust, but will do no better than Brian Vickers or anyone else who has been in the 25 since Ken Schrader left. Toyota's first win will come from a Bill Davis car. Jamie McMurray won't be in a Roush car come 2008, possibly not making it through the year. Team Red Bull will finally get it's act together in the second half and they will stick by AJ Allmendinger.

cgs
12th February 2007, 13:48
Carl Edwards will miss out on the Busch Championship yet again but will finish in the top 5 in Nextel Cup Points.

JPM won't make the chase

Tony Stewart will win at least 1 points paying plate race

dwboogityfan
12th February 2007, 15:09
Sticking my neck on the block the 12 chase teams will be Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon, Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Denny Hamlin, Juan Pablo Montoya, Greg Biffle, Elliott Sadler and Bobby Labonte.
Dale Jr's contract issues will become even more of a story leading to him missing the chase and joining RCR.
Casey Mears, Juan Pablo Montoya and Clint Bowyer will win their first races.
Sterling Marlin will be the surprise of the season and possibly win a race.
Kyle Petty will retire at the seasons end, as will Ricky Rudd.
Toyota will fail to win a race, with Dale Jarrett or Dave Blaney being their highest points finisher.
Elliott Sadler, Sterling Marlin, Bobby Labonte and Robby Gordon on a road course will return to victory lane.
Penske will fail to win a race and both cars will miss the chase.
Joe Nemechek and J.J. Yeley will leave their teams during the season, while Jamie McMurray will not stay at Roush in 2008.

jslone
12th February 2007, 17:16
Tony Stewart will make the chase this year,and yes Open Wheel racing is boring.

Erki
12th February 2007, 17:24
Bowyer, Sorenson, Riggs, Gilliland and Montoya score their first wins.
Bobby Labonte and Riggs make the chase, both Penskes and Hamlin don't.
Burton is on top of the standings after 26 races, then Harvick takes over.
Rudd wins the fall Dega race. ;)

edit: open wheel racing is boring. :p :

Lee Roy
13th February 2007, 01:49

Thank you for sharing. :rolleyes:

Troll.

Sparky1329
13th February 2007, 04:59

Then don't watch it.

slorydn1
13th February 2007, 06:24
Nextel Cup Champion: Kevin Harvick
Busch Series Champion: Carl Edwards
Craftsman Truck Series Champion: Ron Hornaday
Cup Rookie of the year: Juan Pablo Montoya

RaceFanStan
13th February 2007, 13:01
I think NASCAR will follow along the lines it has the last few years.
I expect & look forward to the :
tight side-by-side racing
close finishes
unexpected success stories
season-hampering failures
beating, bumping & banging
contact, spins & crashes
cautions for no apparent reason other than to bunch the field (I DO like that!)
situations that make you cheer for a job well-done
situations that make you groan with disdain
situations that make you stand & rant
not knowing who will win until the checkered flag waves
teams pushing the gray area & getting caught
penalties that make you go :eek:

I won't pick any certain driver to do any certain thing.
Lately NASCAR has been very unpredicable & I don't see that changing.

All that being said, I expect NASCAR racing to be GREAT in 2007 !!!
I look forward to it with great anticipation. :D :up:

Sparky1329
13th February 2007, 18:05
I think Smoke will win his third championship this year.

harvick#1
13th February 2007, 19:58
HARVICK, HARVICK, HARVICK :D will be the man

JPM will win Sonoma or Watkins Glen in a great duel with Robby Gordon

Jimmie will finish 13th in points and will force Nascar to change the system to the top 15.

the COT will be a success :D

the Busch Series will still be dominated by Harvick and RCR. and Hornaday will win the Trucks.

IMSAFAN1
13th February 2007, 22:06
Nascar has become so watered down. There's no creativity among the manufactures anymore. The only difference is the headlite sticker that's on the front. I really can't see the manufactures putting all this money in and the cars don't look like anything they sell. Sometime they'll decided that enough is enough and decide that it isn't worth it. Nascar sometime is going to be victim of their own success. They want total control of everything. this new car they're coming out with looks like outdated Trans-Am car with that silly wing on the back and splitter on the front. Nascar is trying so hard to make racing more entertaining for the public that they're really making it very boring for someone to sit down and watch it. Get rid of this "lucky dog" thing..make someone earn getting back on the lead lap. This mystery caution flag thing is supposed to bunch up the field...restarts breed cautions. If a driver has a dominate car he shouldn't be penalized for that. It's up to the other's to catch up to him not him going down to them. It's not his fault that's he better...If the other teams cannot afford to be competitve then they should find a series that they can be and one that fits their budget.

muggle not
13th February 2007, 23:15
...If the other teams cannot afford to be competitve then they should find a series that they can be and one that fits their budget.

And if fans find Nascar 'boring" they should find a series that they do enjoy. Although I suspect that some fans only like to "bitch" regardless of what racing they are watching.

e2mtt
14th February 2007, 15:15
Well I think NASCAR gets boring at the 1.5-2 mile tracks, and after about 20 of 36 races, and 1/2 way through a 4 hour race, and after about the 10th caution.

However, I'm never bored at Daytona ready for a new year, or when they are at a short track or road course. It is RACING.

Predictions:

Tony Stewart take the title.
RCR is great, both Burton, Harvick, & Boyer are all contenders.
Hamlin only slumps a little.
Hendricks has an off year.
Jr. has a typical good year, wins 3, not really a championship contender though.
JPM easy rookie of the year.
Robby Gordon has a good year, wins the Glen in a Ford, and has a couple of top 5 & 10 finishes.
Rousch's top driver is Edwards, who still can't run a road course to save his life, but sure is fast and smooth on a 2-miler.
Penske may put a driver in the chase. Maybe.
NASCAR does a lot of tweaking to help Dodge.
NASCAR doesn't do any tweaking to help Toyota.
Almendinger should have stuck with Champ Car.
Champ Car has a good competitive year with their new car, nobody notices.
IRL has a lousy season, nobody notices, still more money then Champ Car.
Nicky Hayden repeats as MotoGP champion!!!!!
Kimi Raikkonen wins F1 in the Ferrari.

Erki
14th February 2007, 15:33
e2mtt, you forgot to mention that Grönholm wins the WRC and Peugeot wins the Le Mans 24 hours. ;)

cgs
14th February 2007, 15:40
another preduction: Carl Edwards will once again be wrecked from the lead position in the closing laps of the race :(