PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

cynisca
23rd March 2009, 17:22
Can anybody say me how I can connect my Xbox 360 to my PC over the Ethernet cable? I'm using that cable at the moment but when I make the "Test Media Connection" it says "Disconnected". My PC says nothing.

I have an old Xbox 360 which I get in April 2007 and it has never been connected to my PC or internet. So what can I do? :confused: Please help me! :)

Thanking you in anticipation.

ChrisS
23rd March 2009, 17:49
This may help

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/pcsetup/alldownloads.htm

Daniel
23rd March 2009, 18:02
Can anybody say me how I can connect my Xbox 360 to my PC over the Ethernet cable? I'm using that cable at the moment but when I make the "Test Media Connection" it says "Disconnected". My PC says nothing.

I have an old Xbox 360 which I get in April 2007 and it has never been connected to my PC or internet. So what can I do? :confused: Please help me! :)

Thanking you in anticipation.
How old is your PC? Are you directly connecting it to your PC or are you connecting it via a router? If so how old is the router :)

cynisca
23rd March 2009, 19:07
How old is your PC? Are you directly connecting it to your PC or are you connecting it via a router? If so how old is the router :)

I have bought my PC in February 2007. My connection is as follows:

Xbox 360 to my PC and my PC to the router. Between the Xbox 360 and my PC I'm using the Ethernet cable and between my PC and router there's wireless LAN. But I don't know how old the router is but I would say it is older than my PC or Xbox 360. :p :

Daniel
23rd March 2009, 19:27

Xbox 360 to my PC and my PC to the router. Between the Xbox 360 and my PC I'm using the Ethernet cable and between my PC and router there's wireless LAN. But I don't know how old the router is but I would say it is older than my PC or Xbox 360. :p :
It might be that your router doesn't support autosensing which means that you need to make sure you're not using a crossover cable between the 360 and the router. Try connecting it directly to the ethernet port on your PC if possible.

ChrisS
23rd March 2009, 19:35

Why don't you connect the xbox to the router? thats the easiest thing to do

cynisca
23rd March 2009, 19:53
It might be that your router doesn't support autosensing which means that you need to make sure you're not using a crossover cable between the 360 and the router. Try connecting it directly to the ethernet port on your PC if possible.

If I connect the router and my PC directly, I can't connect my Xbox 360 to my PC because my PC has one connector plug.

cynisca
23rd March 2009, 19:56
Why don't you connect the xbox to the router? thats the easiest thing to do

That may be true but there's one problem. The router is in the flat under me and I have no connector plug for the router in my room. In the flat where I live yes, but it is too far away to connect them.