PDA

View Full Version : Team-mate battles of 2009

jens
21st March 2009, 20:45
Right before the beginning of the season it's time to discuss another topic, which is usually done before racing seasons. Although only two teams (RBR & STR) have changed its line-ups for 2009, I think we could have several quite interesting intra-team duels this year. Who will come out on top in each team? :)

Tazio
21st March 2009, 21:54
Right before the beginning of the season it's time to discuss another topic, which is usually done before racing seasons. Although only two teams (RBR & STR) have changed its line-ups for 2009, I think we could have several quite interesting intra-team duels this year. Who will come out on top in each team? :) Let us start with your team old friend. As you will like to hear(even if Pino doesn't) Glock will finish ahead of Trulli! :)

keysersoze
21st March 2009, 22:16
Qualifying

Ferrari: Felipe over Kimi 10-7
Brawn: Jenson over Rubens 9-8
BMW: Robert over Nick 13-4
Williams: Nico over Kaz 14-3
Red Bull: Mark over Sebastian 10-7
Toyota: Jarno over Timo 11-6
McLaren: Lewis over Heike 12-5
Toro Rosso: Sebastian over Sebastian 10-7 (ha ha)
Force India: Giancarlo over Adrian 9-8
Renault: Fernando over Nelson 16-1

Valve Bounce
22nd March 2009, 00:26
Right before the beginning of the season it's time to discuss another topic, which is usually done before racing seasons. Although only two teams (RBR & STR) have changed its line-ups for 2009, I think we could have several quite interesting intra-team duels this year. Who will come out on top in each team? :)

I think that the most interesting one is bunsen and Rubens, IF the Brawnsen is as potent as testing indicates. Of course, Vettel and Mark Webber will also be very interesting as Vettel is the "almost rookie" who has won a race and did so well last year while Mark appears to be the driver behind the Black Ball. Then, of course, Massa, who won the "WDC minus one corner" last year is pitted against the previous year's WDC.
Can't think of any others right now, but these three pairs should keep us busy for awhile.

jens
22nd March 2009, 11:32
My quick thoughts. :)

McLaren: Hamilton will beat Kovalainen, although by a smaller margin than in '08 and I have a hunch that Heikki will be more patient in the midfield, which is going to be a new experience for Lewis.
Ferrari: Quite a close battle, which could go either way. Massa will probably be the better qualifier, so let's see, how close can Kimi qualify in such tight competition and whether he can fight back in races often enough.
BMW: Another battle, which I think will be closer than 2008 showed as Nick has every chance to regain his excellent '07 form. We would get an interesting comparison if one driver (NH) races with KERS and another one (RK) without it. Still - have a bit more belief in Kubica finishing higher in the standings.
Renault: No contest here, I'm afraid. Especially as it seems that Renault has put extra emphasis on Alonso this pre-season, who has got the majority of testing miles plus the design of the car is also such, which should suit his aggressive style (heavy front end). Piquet will have to fight hard to make sure this won't be his last year...
Toyota: I think Glock will score a bit more points due to better consistency, but Trulli won't yield too easily, which he has never done in a fight against team-mate. And we are back to slicks, which Jarno is especially fond of.
STR: Now in his second season Bourdais is fully comfortable in the team and beats Buemi, who I think doesn't quite match the talent of Vettel's, making French Seb's task a bit easier.
Red Bull: Battle, which probably is on the radar of many F1 fans. Well, Vettel will win, but not by much... KERS won't be a disadvantage for Webber (like it was speculated during winter), because Red Bull won't use it, but it seems younger German has been able to adapt to the totally new design a bit better.
Williams: Rosberg by his approach reminds me a bit of Button, who is quick and consistent if the car is good (like NR was in '07), but struggling and mistake-prone in an underperforming car. At least this is my guess based on what I saw in 2008 - Nakajima was beating or matching Rosberg on circuits, where Williams was struggling and among backmarkers, but whenever Williams was quick, Nico was notably quicker. All in all, I expect Rosberg to win this battle as he is a better qualifier and most likely will be on pace on circuits, where Williams is quick (which is important in points accumulation).
BrawnGP: In a competitive car I'd expect that "quick and consistent" Button to be back, who we saw in 2004-2006. Barrichello will be reasonably close though.
Force India: Sutil, like Heidfeld and Räikkönen, was struggling with qualifying last year too, but managed to become more competitive during the second half of '08. I expect the young German to give tougher competition to Fisichella this year and at least match him.

Let us start with your team old friend. As you will like to hear(even if Pino doesn't) Glock will finish ahead of Trulli! :)

Oh, how generous of you. :) Although Jarno, for who I have been cheering for a decade by now, is still the greater favourite for me, it would be great to see Glock making the world finally talk about him. But hopefully it'll be close, because the team needs two well-performing drivers. ;)

Tazio
22nd March 2009, 20:42
But hopefully it'll be close Sorry if I misrepresented your sympathies!
It should be very close!