PDA

View Full Version : Expectations from 2009

jens
20th March 2009, 21:55
One single week to go... We have had so many rule changes. Winter testing is over by now and it has given us a hunch that the field is close and we may get some surprises, which only increases the wish to see, what is really going to happen. I've never experienced such an exciting build-up to an F1 season.

How do your expectations, predictions for the 2009 F1 season look like? Besides pecking order the unclear factors are that how will the changes affect racing. We really haven't seen, how exactly will KERS affect overtaking and how will KERS-cars exactly fare against non-KERS cars for example at the start. When the five lights turn off at Melbourne, the tension will be higher than ever before. :D

ioan
20th March 2009, 23:30
I'll keep my expectations low to avoid to much disappointment.

F1boat
21st March 2009, 06:51
I think that the racing will be close and unpredictable.

cynisca
21st March 2009, 08:35
It'll be difficult for Lewis Hamilton to defend his world title.

I hope it will be a season like in 2007 or 2008. :p

UltimateDanGTR
21st March 2009, 08:53
I think we will see an exciting championship now we have the normal points system, and I think it will be unpredictable and we will have at least 10 cars on the grid capable of winning, and I hope the championship fight will go down to the wire, which I expect it will do. Watch this season, I've got a good feeling about it.....

jens
21st March 2009, 21:31
As for expectations... My biggest regret regarding Trulli's career so far is that he has never got a chance to drive a car with championship-winning potential unlike several of his so-called contemporaries (DC, Rubens, Fisi, Ralf). Maybe finally now in the decisive period of his career, when the hopes and expectations have risen so high, Toyota won't let down in the most critical moment and Jarno can finally show, what is he really capable of...

Ari
22nd March 2009, 06:16
I think Melbourne will be crazy. Could be anyone at the front. I don't believe it will be a procession of Ferrari and McLaren. Will take a few GP's for the normal pecking order to resume, especially with all the changes the teams have just endured. Melbourne will be won by a middle-run player!

UltimateDanGTR
22nd March 2009, 09:38
I hope it rains in Melbourne on race day, that would add to the mix!

First few races this year will be evry unpredictable, who knows what will happen

F1boat
22nd March 2009, 10:02
Actually' I'd hate if it rains at Melbourne, as I wish to see the order of the teams. :)

UltimateDanGTR
22nd March 2009, 11:35
fair point......we'd be kept waiting even longer to see who's the best....

on the other hand, a dry qualifying session would show us that.....

emporer_k
22nd March 2009, 11:49
I did think that 2009 would see one team get the new regulations just right and dominate with the others playing catch up but now I'm not so sure.

ioan
22nd March 2009, 12:42
I hope it rains in Melbourne on race day, that would add to the mix!

I that case it would be a race between Rubens, Nick and Seb (Vettel).

jens
22nd March 2009, 12:47
I that case it would be a race between Rubens, Nick and Seb (Vettel).

What about Glock? He was lapping 1 sec per lap faster than anyone else, when it was raining at Jerez.

P.S. Oh well, I understand. Toyota will traditionally opt for wrong tyres in tricky conditions and so that's how this challenge will come to an end. :p :