PDA

View Full Version : Valencia, I have been invited!! Any advice?

namarow
18th March 2009, 02:37
Well,

I have been invited to the Valencia WSBK races VIP. That means free with food and booze!!! I am so pumped,

However, the realization came I still have to get there from Toronto, and stay etc. Having just got back from an expensive dive trip in Cozumel, it is a little tough to go and blow god knows what in Spain now.

Any advice on cheap but good places to stay. Cheap flights? etc. For flights it aint looking good to Valencia.

Thanks
J

Cryogeneric
18th March 2009, 16:51
I have no advice--but dang, VIP invitation, I'm jealous. I'd find a way to get to Spain by any means necessary and watch that race if I were you. :)

ChrisS
18th March 2009, 17:32
I have no idea about cheap transatlantic flights, from the UK you could fly to Valencia with Ryanair really cheap

They also have cheap hotels etc.. at their website

NinjaMaster
19th March 2009, 11:23
No advice, just jealousy. ;)

Pantah Jack
21st March 2009, 13:48
Namarow,

There are cheap flights from Perth, West Aussie.
Send me your VIP pass and I will save you a heap of cash ;) Jack

namarow
24th March 2009, 15:25
Well, I am booked! Just trying to sort out the little details. Anyone know if they have track shuttles from downtown? I am soooo pumped!

The Phantom
15th April 2009, 15:58
Where's the shmooze, I mean trip report??? :s mokin:

tha_jackal
16th April 2009, 10:00
have a fuggin awesome time.. ya ahaah..

jealousy is too right clint..

namarow
23rd April 2009, 02:15
Hey there,

hell, I forgot to write about it. Sorry. Been busy as hell since I got back.

Valencia!!!! WOOWOOWOWOWO!! The track is unreal. incredible facilities. Everything is so clean and state of the art. Really lucked out as we had access to everything including some incredible VIP treatment. Wathced most of the stuff from above the podium. You can see the whole track from pretty much eveywhere, but that is where the free food and drinks were!!

The paddock was awesome as I love that kind of stuff. As someone who got to go to alot of Cart races in the same manor back in its hayday I can tell you that WSBK does not seem to be a poor mans MOTOGP. THey have some top notch trucks, hospitality etc. Way more than what I saw in the CART days.

Biggest thing that blew me away was the raw speed. It is one thing to watch this stuff on tv, but man, seeing Spies manhandle that bike was incredible. These guys are unreal.

Funniest thing was a minute before Supersport race, Pitt goes to the track side and takes a leak right in front of these embarrased female marshals, camera's etc.

THere was a crowd of about 65,000 on race day, which is pretty good I would think. But you can tell Spain is all MotoGP. The papers had alot more coverage on the upcoming opening ound then of the race. But it was the best crowd they had so things are on the way up.

Really lucked out huge. WSBK has given me a hard card so I will be at a few more before the years end. And the track was nice enough to offer me to come to MotoGP in November!!!!!!!!

Here are some shots I put on Flicker. They only allow you a few, so this is a start. Wish I had a bigger lense!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spasongs/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTYNxF7MWL8