PDA

View Full Version : BTC Spec cars

mattie007
16th March 2009, 18:23
Here we are in 2009 and we still have 4, potentially 5, BTC spec cars on the grid. It could possibly be the last year we will see them and with the weight restriction more or less taken off how do you think they will do?

Heres my prediction for the season.

George had a tough 08 but on his day was pretty quick and could sneak a few top 10 finishes this year. Just needs to be more consistent and eradicate the little mistakes. Has a good team behind him aswell. Has the massive crash at Brands knocked his confidence?

Hughes didn't score many points last season, but was very consistent in the ZS and when some weight was removed at Oulton Park, you could see the difference. With even more weight taken off and a 15bhp increase the MG could be a regular top 10, maybe even top 8. IMO, he needs to be a bit more aggressive and not just move over if he sees a faster car behind. We want to see a battle!
With a few less cars than last season, he could give the MG a good sendoff, unless we see it in 2010!

O'Neill, very popular figure and proven race winner. I believe he will provide the biggest shocks this season in the Integra, perhaps even sneaking a podium and and should rack up a few Indy wins. Im glad hes been given another chance after such a long time out. The BTCC will be a better place with Paul about. Possible Indy champion?

Bell is another well liked driver, but has yet to prove himself, albeit in older machinery. With a decent teammate and better car, he should be pushing for top 10's.

Second MG? If this comes off, it could hinder such a small team, as shown in 07. But if the drive does go to a driver with 'BTCC MG experience' then it should be a massive boost, helping Jason Hughes along the way.

Well, theres my little bit for the season ahead.
I love watching the BTCC, but to me, its just as much about the smaller teams!
We might even have a few more to add come media day.

mattie007
19th March 2009, 16:59
Martin Johnson in an Opel Astra Coupe!