PDA

View Full Version : "Project LMP1: Acura's Next Challenge" on Speed Channel

Jag_Warrior
14th March 2009, 16:26
An hour long segment featuring Acura's 2009 P1 contender is now playing on Speed. For anyone wanting to see it, it'll replay again on 3/19 at 8PM Eastern and several more times on 3/20 and 3/21.

The most interesting thing thus far is that the front wheels and tires are the same size as the rears.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and predict that Acura will win some P1 races in this, their first year in the category. :p :

harvick#1
14th March 2009, 17:53
I expect Acura to win all P1 ALMS races in 2009 except for Sebring, Petit, and Laguna :p

methanolHuffer
14th March 2009, 18:16
Thanks for the heads up. I dont have a DVR but it will be a busy time for DVD recorder.
Truth in 24 (Audi documentary) will be on ESPN on 3/20 8:00PM EST also.

download intro part here:
http://www.truthin24.com/#/the_trailers/
http://www.truthin24.com/#/downloads/

Jag_Warrior
14th March 2009, 18:34
"Truth in 24" on 3/20 - gotcha. Thanks!

Jag_Warrior
14th March 2009, 18:34
I expect Acura to win all P1 ALMS races in 2009 except for Sebring, Petit, and Laguna :p

:D

rob01
15th March 2009, 01:45
theres a feature in this weeks autosport about the LMP1 Acura, explains about the whole rears on the front and not going for the derv route.

i hope it does well, i think its ugly but looks good at the same time...

F1boat
15th March 2009, 08:06
I hope that it wins as many races as possible, and I hope that Gil de Ferran will become LMP 1 champion :)
A question to the knowledgeable fans. Is Acura going to race at Le Mans and if no, why?

wbcobrar
16th March 2009, 23:47
I'm excited about the P1 war as well . Great yardstick for the year . I think I'm just as jazzed about P2 and GT2 . I've become a huge Dyson fan , and I think the Lola coupe is dead sexy . They got ripped off by Porsche last year and I would like to see them with a few class wins this year . GT2 has me excited about the also rans (Panos , the Ford GT , the Viper , and the M3's as apposed to the teams with the Porsche and Ferrari backing)Its almost like a GT3 class in the GT2 class . ps ... I would love to see Clint Field shock the world and get on the podium with that cool old Lola . He made a pass of both race leading RS Spyders on a re-start at Road America that was a thing of bueaty . I'll probably have to wait for the next race for that wish due to the hard hitting europeans in the field , but one can dream big!!!!

jslone
17th March 2009, 00:54
As much as I like Acura,I dont think they well do much this year,during the show I think they had too many issues to correct.But it was a good show to see the behind the scenes on a race team and what it takes to run it.

Tom206wrc
17th May 2011, 15:13
I use this thread to unfortuneately bring bad news in Le Mans/ALMS world: Highcroft Racing and HPD...it's over !!!! ;(
After so many successful seasons in LMP2, a nice start in LMP1 this year(12h of Sebring)...finally they won't be coming to Le Mans 2011 and they simply stop :(
Press release on http://www.highcroftracing.com/

I'm afraid HONDA LMP1 program comes to an end too, as Highcroft was their official developpment team...

What will do David Brabham and Marino Franchitti now ??? :confused: :mark:

mclarenf1gtr
20th May 2011, 09:40
Yes, this is a bad new.
For Europeans it was a big new to see an HPD in the LMP1. I was really excited to see them at Le Mans, because the very good work carried out in the P2 category.
However, there is a counterpart: Kronos Racing will be in the 24h.
As you know, this team is a join venture of Belgian people, mainly around Vanina Icks. The car is the Lola Am which belonged to Signature Plus last year.

ioan
22nd May 2011, 17:00
I use this thread to unfortuneately bring bad news in Le Mans/ALMS world: Highcroft Racing and HPD...it's over !!!! ;(
After so many successful seasons in LMP2, a nice start in LMP1 this year(12h of Sebring)...finally they won't be coming to Le Mans 2011 and they simply stop :(
Press release on http://www.highcroftracing.com/

I'm afraid HONDA LMP1 program comes to an end too, as Highcroft was their official developpment team...

It looks like they are optimistic for the future:

Highcroft’s goal has always been not only to compete at Le Mans but to learn about Le Mans and then go back and win it. Obviously that’s not going to happen this year but that doesn’t mean to say that Highcroft won’t be back with another programme and win the race.

http://www.highcroftracing.com/news/2011/5/20/brabs-blog-end-of-an-era.html

wedge
26th May 2011, 13:20
Bad news for ALMS, as they're suffering enough as it is.

David Brabham races in FIA GTs, Lucas Luhr races there too. Feel so bad for Marino as he's been on the driver market merry-go-round and richly deserved a top seat at Highcroft.

Tom206wrc
14th January 2012, 12:46
Aussie's David Brabham back to Le Mans this year at the wheels of a brand new LMP1 HPD(from JRM team) !!!! :D
He will partner with UK's Peter Dumbreck and India's Karun Chandhok ;)

AndyRAC
15th January 2012, 00:30
Wish them luck, personally speaking, I think the new WEC is going places, and I hope it does. There needs to be a big Motorsport series which is an alternative to F1. The WRC, sadly can't do this.