PDA

View Full Version : bmw bio fuel

captin 1 VXR
11th February 2007, 11:59
Author: Johan Meissnero

Flash switches to Bio Ethanol
Flash Engineering with previous STCC-champions Janne "Flash" Nilsson and Richard Göransson will run their BMW 320si E90 to E85 Bio Ethanol. This is the second team choosing to run their cars on the environmentally friendly fuel, the Volvo team being the other team. "I would really like to become the first to win a national racing class on ethanol," Flash said.

There is no performance advantage expected from the E85 switch, but that would not be the reason for the switch anyway according to Flash.

"Not at all, it is about the environment. Since it is possible to make the motorsport more environmentally friendly, we will make the most of it. It is a good decision by STCC AB to promote ethanol and it is a good decision by Flash Engineering to use it and it is a good decision by BMW Motorsport to support us on it."

"BMW has not got Ethanol in their models and it felt important to get them on board. I have had some meetings and they have listened on me regarding this. We have Posten (Swedish Mail Service) behind us who stands really positive to this and BMW Motorsport are also with us now," Flash continued.

BMW Motorsport will assist Flash Engineering in their rebuild of the engines to convert them for E85.

"For Flash Engineering there was never a discussion if we were going to run on ethanol or not. The question was if we were going to get BMW with us or against us. Firstly I felt an uncertainty as they have not got ethanol in their regular models. But they have been very supportive and we have reached a good solution."

very intresting could wsr have had this in mind ?? :eek:

cos
11th February 2007, 13:04
A link to the original article is always appreciated as opposed to copying and pasting the whole thing!: http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=973

We'll have to wait and see whether or not WSR run on bioethanol; there was a slight advantage doing so for the BTC regs, but as the compression ratios are different for S2000 it may not be as competitive.

Alfa Fan
11th February 2007, 14:23
I believe WSR ruled out running on bio fuel this year as they didn't think they would be able to adapt the fuel pump in the BMW to use it.

captin 1 VXR
11th February 2007, 14:37
didn t alan gow say if someone came to him with green fuel in the btcc he would try and help with rules to do so ..

maybe allow wsr to use a diffrent fuel pump ?.

maybe wide of the mark but sure he said somethink like any way ???

Iain
11th February 2007, 14:56
A link to the original article is always appreciated as opposed to copying and pasting the whole thing!: http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=973

Yes. Please don't post entire articles as there is a copyright issue. And if you're going to post a short part of an article, link to the source.

cos
11th February 2007, 19:27
didn t alan gow say if someone came to him with green fuel in the btcc he would try and help with rules to do so ..

maybe allow wsr to use a diffrent fuel pump ?.

maybe wide of the mark but sure he said somethink like any way ???

TOCA can change the rules for alternatively fuelled cars to make them more competitive if they want.