PDA

View Full Version : Harvicks car.....

eastlmark
11th February 2007, 09:37
.....just looks horrid!

Jonesi
11th February 2007, 09:56
There have been Shell cars that were Yellow with Red trim that looked ok, but this one looked just strange. The bottom front looked brown/maroon and I couldn't tell if it was that color or red lite funny with the lights.
I like the #2 car in gold, they should keep that all year, you can find it anywhere in the pack.

eastlmark
11th February 2007, 11:15
How come Jeff Burton is still in Cingular colours? Thought that was kicked out by Nextell bully's. Maybe because this was not a Nextel cup race?

cgs
11th February 2007, 11:55
jeff is allowed cingualr colours, but not AT&T

BenRoethig
11th February 2007, 14:13
There have been Shell cars that were Yellow with Red trim that looked ok, but this one looked just strange. The bottom front looked brown/maroon and I couldn't tell if it was that color or red lite funny with the lights.

It does look a little weird, but people will get used to it. I hate to see the Goodwrench colors go, but Harvick does have his own sponsor now and his own legacy.

I like the #2 car in gold, they should keep that all year, you can find it anywhere in the pack.

I'd like to see it rotate between Blue miller lite, Black Miller Genuine Draft, and Gold for Miller High Life

harvick#1
11th February 2007, 14:17
I thought Harvicks car was cool, the front of the livery could be alot better, but the one good thing is that you can't miss his car.

I do miss the black and silver, but the car is still better then more than half the cars right now

Cole_Trickle
11th February 2007, 14:21
It doesn't look too bad, however the Pennzoil yellow and the Shell yellow are a bit different, and looks a little strange together (rear bar). Definetly better than the COT car they unveiled the sponsership with.

harvick#1
11th February 2007, 14:24
yes, that one was horrible

eastlmark
11th February 2007, 15:33
I didnt mind the old DEI pennzoil #1 car. looked cool. but its the addition of the red just doesnt do it for me. Of course the legacy of the car is really the biggest issue. Finally that era has ended.

RaceFanStan
11th February 2007, 16:37
I like the new Pennzoil car because it has high visibility. :D
The gold Miller car looked awesome even though I much prefer the old black Miller Genuine Draft colors. :D

harvick#1
11th February 2007, 16:43
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/nascar-cup/2007/dso/nascarcup-2007-dso-eg-0333.jpg

whats wrong with the car, it looks good

Jonesi
11th February 2007, 19:35
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/nascar-cup/2007/dso/nascarcup-2007-dso-eg-0333.jpg

whats wrong with the car, it looks good

It's the dark red, it doesn't go with brite yellow, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern/logic to pattern, like they took the front clip off another car as quick repair.

harvick#1
11th February 2007, 20:10
the front looks horrible, it should be more agressive looking like the 06 GM Goodwrench livery

call_me_andrew
12th February 2007, 02:26
I think it's the perfect livery for night races... provided a failure of the lighting system.

Scheckterfan54
12th February 2007, 05:07
Harvick doesnt look nearly as bad as Michael's fake chrome wheels!

blakebeatty
12th February 2007, 05:59

i like harvicks paint scheme, and i love the lines on the monte carlo's front end and hood. i absolutely agree with the chrome wheels though, that is the gayest thing ever. The toyota nose decaling and grille is hot though. I wouldn't worry about the 55 being ugly, we won't be seeing much of it

Jonesi
12th February 2007, 07:53

You don't think that was real chrome on the steel wheels? ;-)

djarumdudley
12th February 2007, 08:18

i could car less if the wheels were fake, they looked really cool. mad those cars really stand out. the chrome is likely also an homage to Darrell Waltrip's chrome helmet and paint schemes from the end of his career. i alwways wondered why the chrome wheels disappeared in the late 80s, abou time someone brought them back.

RaceFanStan
12th February 2007, 13:05
I like chrome wheels & I think they look cool on a stockcar. :D

cgs
12th February 2007, 13:39
red and yellow can look good together, but the harvick car doesn't. this is a good looking red and yellow car

http://www.weebitproductions.co.uk/images/gallery/weebit051001pic13.jpg

slorydn1
13th February 2007, 04:30
i could car less if the wheels were fake, they looked really cool. mad those cars really stand out. the chrome is likely also an homage to Darrell Waltrip's chrome helmet and paint schemes from the end of his career. i alwways wondered why the chrome wheels disappeared in the late 80s, abou time someone brought them back.

That would be because NASCAR outlawed true chrome wheels back in the early 90's (something about not being strong enough)...

I liked Harvick's paint scheme...It's gonna take some getting used to....
I still wear my Goodwrench hat, but it might be time to buy a new jacket and a couple of t-shirts before I head off to Darlington in May

djarumdudley
13th February 2007, 17:43
aha, thanks for the info.