PDA

View Full Version : Hinch gets a lights ride.

nigelred5
10th March 2009, 01:39
I'm stoked to see Hinch is getting a Full time ride with Sam Schmits' Indy lights team. I really had hoped to see him in the big show by now.

IMSA
10th March 2009, 11:20
I guess that will put the die hard CCWS fans in an uproar. This kid stated he hated the IRL, TG, ovals, etc. I guess when what he wanted to drive did not exist, things changed.

Chamoo
10th March 2009, 18:47
I guess that will put the die hard CCWS fans in an uproar. This kid stated he hated the IRL, TG, ovals, etc. I guess when what he wanted to drive did not exist, things changed.

That's not nessicarily true. I'd be willing to bet he still hates TG and the IRL and ovals. Problem is, when faced with continuing your career or driving around in a ladder series the rest of your life, you are forced to make changes you might not nessicarily want to make.

Racing is his life, and if it's either racing or not racing, he probably was forced to pick FIL, against his wishes.

Check out my piece on James on my blog.

http://aowrtheotherside.blogspot.com/2009/03/lil-canadian-content.html

I will try to run into him at the Toronto race to get a read on this stuff.

Mark in Oshawa
12th March 2009, 05:22

Hinch wasn't going to get a ride in F1 any time soon. Work beats no work and Hinch doesn't strike me as a NASCAR kind of guy. Then again, he may take to this oval stuff. The thing is, don't knock it til you try it.

I am just glad some new Canadian blood is going into the IRL feeder system. If PT doesn't get a ride in the Indycars that will be 2 years we haven't had a real Canadian talent running in the IRL ( Marty Roth doesn't count, I suspect I could lap faster than he...)