PDA

View Full Version : official ALMS forum closing today

SportscarBruce
9th March 2009, 21:20
So I'll set up camp here, if that's ok with youall.

Awaiting the green flag.

Jag_Warrior
9th March 2009, 23:33
Pull up a chair. Kick your shoes off.

Maybe you can spark some activity in here.

SportscarBruce
9th March 2009, 23:44
Pull up a chair. Kick your shoes off.

Cooler looks pretty empty...here's a $20.

Maybe you can spark some activity in here.
Yeah, it's pretty quiet here.

If you look at the numbers of folks watching from trackside on race day, then compare that to internet participation levels, perhaps the same conclusion can be drawn that I've come up with;

while sizeable, the sports car fan herd is divided by too many ranchers and too many fences. I'll see about calling up the strays.

;)

rob01
11th March 2009, 10:19
Hey we all know LMS and Le Mans rule the world of sportscars! ;)

DavePI2
15th March 2009, 12:50
Are you referring to the forum on americanlemans.com? I assume you are since I couldn't find it on the new site. Come to think of it that doesn't seem to be the only thing removed from the website. You can't even get the entry list there anymore. I guess the only thing I will be watching at midohio this year is indycar.

david

FormerFF
15th March 2009, 20:03
Are you referring to the forum on americanlemans.com? I assume you are since I couldn't find it on the new site. Come to think of it that doesn't seem to be the only thing removed from the website. You can't even get the entry list there anymore. I guess the only thing I will be watching at midohio this year is indycar.

david

The entry list is on the event page. Click on "Yokohama Schedule", choose your event, and it will be on there. For Sebring, it's at http://www.imsaracing.net/2009/events/sebring/2009%20ALMS%20Sebring%20Entries.pdf

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2009, 03:15
If I could find my way to Sebring I would....that said it looks like the economy has cost us a few entries in ALMS. Oh well....fill the cooler, start up the BBQ...and lets enjoy...

Shifter
16th March 2009, 05:08
Well, I'm a junkie so expect me to be around to bounce opinions off of.

wbcobrar
16th March 2009, 23:15
Welcome to the camp SportsCarBruce . I hope I hav'nt gotten under your skin to much on the NASCAR side . You sound like the friend I attend most race events with , he's very intelligent , as you sound , we just dissagree politically . I enjoy the banter glad to have your opinions .

DavePI2
17th March 2009, 00:56
thank you formerff

dj4monie
20th March 2009, 22:05
Bruce I thought you dropped off the face of the earth!

Nice to have you hear, since I was dispatched from 10tenths for reasons I'm still not quite sure of, I can return in 2010, would you believe I have been banned for 2.5 years???

That's fine, I say my part on here and Planet Lemans, so its all good.

SportscarBruce
21st March 2009, 01:06
Welcome to the camp SportsCarBruce . I hope I hav'nt gotten under your skin to much on the NASCAR side . You sound like the friend I attend most race events with , he's very intelligent , as you sound , we just dissagree politically . I enjoy the banter glad to have your opinions .

I don't take these issues personally. Passionately perhaps, but not personally. It only becomes personal when someone resorts to making it so (or misuses a position of authority in order to censor opinion).

Cheers mate. And also to you DJ4monie. Nice seeing you. If its any consolation I'm permanently banned in at least three forums. ;) Why? Basically for speaking my mind.

wmcot
21st March 2009, 03:37
I am looking forward to a different season this year. I hope it will be as exciting with Penske gone to Grand-Am (yuck!) and the Audis' limited running this year. I'll be there at the Utah GP in May!

Bob Riebe
21st March 2009, 05:26
Nice to have you hear, since I was dispatched from 10tenths for reasons I'm still not quite sure of, I can return in 2010, would you believe I have been banned for 2.5 years???

WOW!

I got into a your-face my buttocks exchange with the Evil Pumpkins husband, her boss, and I was only evacuated for about a year.
I simply stopped reading it and then one day I caught a post through a google, racing topic, search and responded out of instinct. POOF it worked again so I kept on.

You must have cut some one with influence really deep.

dj4monie
21st March 2009, 06:37
WOW!

I got into a your-face my buttocks exchange with the Evil Pumpkins husband, her boss, and I was only evacuated for about a year.
I simply stopped reading it and then one day I caught a post through a google, racing topic, search and responded out of instinct. POOF it worked again so I kept on.

You must have cut some one with influence really deep.

Hell I don't even remember what it was over honestly. I think it was taking subjects off topic. When in FACT I didn't take any subject off topic and was banned away. I singled out a Moderator and that's what got me banned, not what I posted about.

I will still take things off topic because as you know, some people have this pie in the sky attitude that rubs me wrong. I said Nissan would be back in GT racing, ta da... I said BMW would get the deal done, Mario didn't even have to email me...

I have no industry connections or even my own blog yet I believe I've been about as right as the Bear without his connections. Its just a gut feeling...

I love Sports car racing and believe its still the best racing in the world, especially GT2. The leader might check out, but from say 2nd to about 6th especially at Mosport it seems brings out the best in this class.