PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen Start your Engines!

Jonesi
11th February 2007, 02:05
The off season is over! Let's go racing! ;-)

Jonesi
11th February 2007, 03:04
20 laps in at the planned service it's: 29, 20, 2.

Jonesi
11th February 2007, 04:14
Well it was clean until the last couple hundred yards.

Race win #20 followed by 38 & 2.
Crash started about 8th back. #8 got into 19 bumping 19 and then a bunch.
Stewart seemed the strongest car all through the race.

Hoss Ghoul
11th February 2007, 04:17
Yeah, Stewart seemed to be in good shape the whole race. Yates car looked good as it usually does at the Plate tracks, especially Daytona.

Toyota's seemed slow.

Everyone looked pretty twitchy, having to let the cars slide or they'd get real loose. Nice save by Kyle Busch.

Pretty tame race overall, hopefully the 150's will show more promise....qualifying tomorrow.

muggle not
11th February 2007, 04:25
Tony was strong all race and drove a good race.

Gilliland had a good car and drove it well.

I continue to like Jr's way of shouldering blame.

Oh, who is the ****head that comes in this forum and makes an ass of himself.

BenRoethig
11th February 2007, 05:12
Toyota looks to be in trouble.

tstran17_88
11th February 2007, 05:15
Toyota looks to be in trouble.
One race doesn't make a season...or career. Give 'em time.

tstran17_88
11th February 2007, 05:28
I'm still wondering what dealership I can visit to pick up one of those Lexus prototypes or Porsche GT's I saw running the 24 hours of Daytona...providing I had the bling?

What's really bizarre is that the no talent Nascar drivers have been a part of the last two overall winners in the last two 24 hour Daytona races.

call_me_andrew
11th February 2007, 06:24
Did they actually show the debris that brought out that caution? It was starting to look like a fuel mileage race and I was looking forward to seeing someone of intelligence win when suddenly every one gets fuel and the field bunches up...

IMSAFAN1
11th February 2007, 06:32
you guys better be careful what you say in here or STARTER is going to get upset and send you a letter......I guess this forum is like NASCAR....make sure it's squeeky clean and don't say anything to ruff up the feathers...put on that corporate smile boys and make sure you say how god got you to where you are.

IMSAFAN1
11th February 2007, 06:36
andrew you are so right.....NASCAR doesn't like one person to get ahead...so they put out this mystery caution flag to make sure that it doesn't happen.

call_me_andrew
11th February 2007, 06:37
Starter's not so bad.

IMSAFAN1
11th February 2007, 06:41
starter doesn't want people who speak their minds.......

Robert Ryan
11th February 2007, 08:52
What's really bizarre is that the no talent Nascar drivers have been a part of the last two overall winners in the last two 24 hour Daytona races.
Those soft "European Sporty Car" drivers were the ones qualifying the cars. I guess stereotypes can go so far.

trumperZ06
11th February 2007, 14:17
Did they actually show the debris that brought out that caution? It was starting to look like a fuel mileage race and I was looking forward to seeing someone of intelligence win when suddenly every one gets fuel and the field bunches up...

;) The special... "Stealth Debris" is supplied by Lockheed !!!

Invisible to Television Cameras and radar !!!

blakebeatty
12th February 2007, 07:08
One race doesn't make a season...or career. Give 'em time.

and especially, dont judge the season on your success on the plate tracks.

that was a good race, save for the fact that i didn't like the way tony layed the bumper to busch for the win.

if someone did to tony as he did to busch and it cost him the win, he'd have been livid

tassiedevilAB
15th February 2007, 04:57
that might happen to Tony this week, drivers do have good memories, well some of them do !
good result for the 38 car in the shootout! " m&m's yum!

Jonesi
15th February 2007, 05:03
that might happen to Tony this week, drivers do have good memories, well some of them do !
good result for the 38 car in the shootout! " m&m's yum!

I wonder if Elliott Sadler's popularity will take a hit this year, now that he doesn't have his sponsor's product to hand out in interviews & public appearances.