PDA

View Full Version : Rally of Canberra

raybak
5th March 2009, 11:11
We have completed our Recce today, roads are good but look like they will break up quite quickly once the competition starts. Going to be very dusty for the whole event by the looks of it.

Tristan and I are car 57 which is 7th in the ACT series part of the event, so 25th on the road.

The car has a new gearbox after the dogbox broke at Minidulla 2 weeks ago. some new tyres for the weekend, should be some grip on the first passes anyway :)

There are only 5 stages repeated twice this weekend so 177km competitive is all we get over 2 days.

Hope to post some incar on Youtube on Sunday night.

Ray

urabus-denoS2000
5th March 2009, 11:14
If you are driving Mineshaft,tell Tristan to keep it cool ;) ;) ;) ;)

raybak
5th March 2009, 11:25
No Minehaft this year, you have to wait until the 23rd May when the BMSC rally is run.

Ray

Mirek
5th March 2009, 13:18
I hope live results are here: http://www.rally.com.au/ :)

raybak
6th March 2009, 10:17
Looks like Pipeline stage is canned for Saturday, will have 3 runs in Kowen instead.

Ray

raybak
7th March 2009, 09:42
The engine broke on stage 2, after we set 3rd fastest time on stage 1. The other team cars are in 4th and 11th at the moment. dust was very bad with car intervals moved to 3 minutes.

Eli Evans had a big off, both him and Chris are Ok but car looks a bit hurt.

I'll be out there in the service park tomorrow with the video camera doing some interviews and cooking breakfast for our team.

Next rally for us is Lithgow on the 18th of April.

Ray

tolis
7th March 2009, 10:29
Oh Ray, it's a pity that you retired in SS2...
Hope good luck in the next events!!!

wotaguy
9th March 2009, 21:52
good luck in next event ray, cant believe no mineshaft stage, that was awesome