PDA

View Full Version : Team Sponsors.

zerodegreec
5th March 2009, 02:19
I am not from Europe. I have been following WRC for some time now but I never know what the sponsors are for some of the teams. For example:

Stobart is a transportation company.
Munchi's is an Italian Ice Cream company???

Henning drives for Stobart but drives an Expert branded ford. Who is Expert?

Dakar (up until this last year in South America) and Citroen had Gauloises for a sponsor. Gauloises is a Cigarette manufacture?

anyway, thats just a short list of names that we dont see around here (Canada).

Thanks, and here is to the hope SOMEONE beats Loeb this weekend :) :p

swordsman
5th March 2009, 07:32
Okay, here we go...

I am not from Europe. I have been following WRC for some time now but I never know what the sponsors are for some of the teams. For example:

Stobart is a transportation company.
Yes

Munchi's is an Italian Ice Cream company???
Don't know. But I don't think so??

Henning drives for Stobart but drives an Expert branded ford. Who is Expert?
Expert is a consumer electronics store.

Dakar (up until this last year in South America) and Citroen had Gauloises for a sponsor. Gauloises is a Cigarette manufacture?
Yes.

anyway, thats just a short list of names that we dont see around here (Canada).

Thanks, and here is to the hope SOMEONE beats Loeb this weekend :) :p

pucky54
5th March 2009, 08:04
Munchi's is an argentinian ice cream company

zerodegreec
5th March 2009, 14:39
Thanks. :D

I wonder how some of the companies can afford to foot the bill for a major sponsor spot on some of these cars. Good for them and I hope it pays off. I dont think people really realize the contribution these companies make to the sport(s). It is business and its all about money, but they are also funding the events we look forward to seeing.

Oh and I still dont understand how Red Bull can afford to front the money that they do on so many top athletes and sports. It seems like they are everywhere and in every sport imaginable.

Helstar
5th March 2009, 15:56
RedBull sells like water ^^ that's the reason, they don't even have research costs (the product is always the same). Good for them ... and for sports xD

J4MIE
5th March 2009, 16:07
Companies also benefit from sponsoring for tax reasons too, usually why drivers have a related business on their cars :)

rallyfiend
5th March 2009, 16:54
Thanks. :D

Oh and I still dont understand how Red Bull can afford to front the money that they do on so many top athletes and sports. It seems like they are everywhere and in every sport imaginable.

I'd be willing to bet that there are a lot of people/athletes etc.around the world that are actually not paid that much to be 'sponsored' by Red Bull. they would do it for the cache and the brand association.

Sulland
5th March 2009, 20:30
Petter Solbergs main sponsor is explained here:

The Johs Lunde Group, the new main sponsor of Petter is a company that started off as a transport company same as Stobart, with a fleet of trailers. In 2006 they restructured and went into Tyres, garages for trailers, selling boats and yachts, and also has a Real estate arm.

They had in 2008 a turnaround at 1,6 billion NOK, and have 60 companies inside the group.

The company HQ is located at Sola, right outside Stavanger on the Norwegian south-west coast.
Sorry only in norwegian: http://www.lundegruppen.no/

JFL
5th March 2009, 20:37
In other words.. Johs Lunde Groups
:Johs Lunde cargo group A/S
:Johs Lunde Marine group A/S
:Johs Lunde Holding A/S (Several mechanical shops)
:Johs Lunde Eiendom A/S (Realestate)
:Johs Lunde Invest A/S (
Johs Lunde Invest is an investment that mainly invests in companies outside the core businesses Lunde Gruppen AS)

zerodegreec
5th March 2009, 21:51
Here is another one. On Hennings Peugeot I see OMV and EnPro.

JFL
5th March 2009, 22:35
Here is another one. On Hennings Peugeot I see OMV and EnPro.
http://www.enpro.no/en/index.php

OMV is a oil and gas company!

swordsman
6th March 2009, 08:01
http://www.enpro.no/en/index.php

OMV is a oil and gas company!

And they stopped their rally sponsorship after the 2007 season... (The Peugeot was in -06)