PDA

View Full Version : Testing police

call_me_andrew
1st March 2009, 05:03
How exactly does the FIA prevent teams from testing on their own? Do they hoard all PCM's not in use? What happens if someone tests at a track that the FIA hasn't given a Grade 1T rating?

ioan
1st March 2009, 09:43
You'll need an underground track or one in Siberia or North Korea so that the press doesn't know about it.
Seriously, it's impossible to run an F1 car without it being noticed by someone.

Allyc85
1st March 2009, 12:17
I was told the other day that mclaren did some straight line testing at an airfield and with in an hour or so there was loads of people up there trying to watch.

markabilly
1st March 2009, 14:05
Just put some really big, good mufflers on it and cheat all day......funny, it would be maccheat doing straight line testing when they thought no one was around....... somehow the terms do seem to contradict...

Knock-on
2nd March 2009, 09:33
I was told the other day that mclaren did some straight line testing at an airfield and with in an hour or so there was loads of people up there trying to watch.

I was told that the LHC at CERN is being modified to run a Ferrari at near Light speed to test the new Aero regs ;)

You heard it here first folks :D

SGWilko
2nd March 2009, 09:47
maccheat..

Think I had one of their burgers the other day, was twice as hungry after eating it......

Rusty Spanner
2nd March 2009, 10:08
Just put some really big, good mufflers on it and cheat all day......funny, it would be maccheat doing straight line testing when they thought no one was around....... somehow the terms do seem to contradict...

I think you'll find that straight line aero testing is excluded from the limitations of the testing ban.

SGWilko
2nd March 2009, 10:26
I think you'll find that straight line aero testing is excluded from the limitations of the testing ban.

Don't let silly little details like that stand in the way of the blinkered few.....