PDA

View Full Version : Loeb with Pescarolo and Peugeot after Wales Rally GB ?

Ouninpohja
26th February 2009, 19:40
why not ??? :)

It should be a great way to celebrate a new title.

What do you think ? :rolleyes:

See at (sorry, only in french and dutch)

French
http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=3817

Dutch
http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blognl/?p=2629

alleskids
26th February 2009, 20:21
Loeb said he would stop WRC if S2000 is without turbo and other extra's. As I understood it the 2010 S2000 will only be the now excisting cars, so Loeb will seek other trils instead of rally. Doing the Asian Le Mans Series with the 1000 km of Mount Fuji (1 november) and the 1000 km of Shangaï (8 november) would be a perfect start of the new career. Loeb will do a number of test with the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP, so jumping in the car would be easy.
Loeb>Pescolrol>Peugeot>2009 I say very plausable

urabus-denoS2000
26th February 2009, 20:24
Very bad news :(

alleskids
26th February 2009, 20:47
Why? a new fresh start wil be good for rally and WRC. New cars and other names on the top spot of the podium. Loeb has seen everything in rally world, he has won everything in rally world. Let him conquere the circuits. It will make his rally wins even more valuable when he proves he is indeed the god of tarmac (and gravel and snow).

urabus-denoS2000
26th February 2009, 20:53
But it won't be the same without Super Seb :(

I really hope he changes his mind,I'm a huge fan of his (and one of a very small group of fans in this forum ;) )

Can you really say you're the best if you know the best one is somewhere else?

alleskids
26th February 2009, 21:09
I am also a big fan of Loeb, but also a big fan of rallysport. And rallysport needs a new input of interest. Not for who will become second to Loeb, but different drivers challenging really for a win and not for the best man to profit when Loeb has a failure or makes a misatake.
Without Loeb Chris Atkinson and Dani Sordo would have wins to their name, so would Subaru be a winner again and maybe still in WRC.

alleskids
26th February 2009, 21:12
Because I am a fan of Loeb, I want him to have fun inside a car, and not being bored because he won everyhing everytime around. Let Loeb have fun again in Le Mans and maybe the Dakar rally. He could be teammate with Marcus Gronholm in the Dakar rally.

MJW
26th February 2009, 21:20
I can not somehow see Loeb entering Dakar rallies

big_sw2000
26th February 2009, 21:28
I can not somehow see Loeb entering Dakar rallies
Being a rallying, and Le Mans fan, i can not wait.
Just been scratching my head. As any WRC world champion, ever won at Le Mans. I can not rember if McRae won his class or not.

muscrae
26th February 2009, 21:58
But it won't be the same without Super Seb :(

I really hope he changes his mind,I'm a huge fan of his (and one of a very small group of fans in this forum ;) )

Can you really say you're the best if you know the best one is somewhere else?

Totally agree.

Okey, he brought the sport kind of a rountine. But, he had lots of impacts on the sport for its development. Think of the other side, if he weren't that famous guy, then Do you think the manufacturers other then Citroen could upgrade themselves in order to cope with this untouchable man?

I also consider the issue in terms of sport and agree upon the fact that sport is losing its ground, but this is nothing to do with Seb, but something that FIA and other authorities should take precaution. For instance, adding extra handicup to the top cars to make the competition more charming. Just like it is the case in WTCC.

jparker
26th February 2009, 23:14
It will be more appropriate for Loeb to do at least one season with S2000 car, then we will see the real benchmark of his skills. I'm tired of people saying "Loeb will do as good with any car". That's just words, I want to see it.
That reminds me Toyota, they came back, won the manu title, then they left for good as winners. That's the way it should be with Loeb also, win the title with S2000, then he can do whatever he wants.

Buzz Lightyear
27th February 2009, 00:09
if he wins every rally this year, and lands another title, he will retire...

i would.

Tom206wrc
27th February 2009, 08:47
After the 24h of Le Mans Pescarolo could go to Asian Le Mans Series with the 908(around november)...Loeb as a possibility is obvious to me ;)

Tom206wrc
27th February 2009, 08:48

Not to me :rolleyes:

Brother John
27th February 2009, 11:32

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/nothingtoadd.gif
Best NEWS in months, how faster he leaves the wrc how better it will be to look at to rallysport. :p :

I am evil Homer
27th February 2009, 11:48
Why...so we just have either JML or Hirvonen winning, with Sordo winning the tarmac rounds. Wow WRC is saved......not.

Mirek
27th February 2009, 14:39
Best NEWS in months, how faster he leaves the wrc how better it will be to look at to rallysport. :p :

There is nothing to celebrate when phenomenals leave any sport...

alleskids
27th February 2009, 18:50
In sportscars Loeb does not have to be bothered by a competitor who drives slowly on purpuse because he cannot find his way around the track on his own but needs guiding from Loeb.
If Loebs leaves WRC, it will be an open challange again. Even in 2006 there was an 45/45/10 change :( 45 % of Loeb/Gronholm win/10 % of an outsider. No it is 90/10: 90% a Loeb win/10% Hirvonen. Without Loeb more drivers have a realistic change for a win.

Woodeye
27th February 2009, 20:36

I think your smiley says it all.

muscrae
27th February 2009, 21:41
]There is nothing to celebrate when phenomenals leave any sport...

Absolutely...

urabus-denoS2000
27th February 2009, 22:55
]There is nothing to celebrate when phenomenals leave any sport...

:up:

ShiftingGears
27th February 2009, 23:24
I hope he wins the Le Mans 24 hours.

Tom206wrc
1st March 2009, 16:59
I hope he wins the Le Mans 24 hours.

In 2010 or after maybe, in 2009 impossible ;)